Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why don't we stick BUCKLEY up front ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Seriously.

CMS and Buckley up front in a 4-4-2 would be MUSTARD. Forget Billy the Flid, he can cock off back to Leeds sharpish. Put Buckley up front with CMS, with Noone and KLL on the flanks, and you're looking at GOAL CENTRAL.

Buckley has strength, pace, height and composure in front of goal. He's already proved he's a natural finisher.

If anyone can convincingly tell me why this is NOT a good idea, then I will eat my own thumbs.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
well.....I....I....but...well.....no, no I can't argue with that, confound you.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have been saying this on NSC for about a month. 3 shots, 3 goals.

Admittedly I'm a little slow, but glad to have caught up with you.

Its a no brainer isn't it ? The seed was sown when I read an interview with Buckley recently and he said he'd started out as a striker, before being converted to a winger at Watford.

UN.
CON.
VERT.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Seriously.

CMS and Buckley up front in a 4-4-2 would be MUSTARD. Forget Billy the Flid, he can cock off back to Leeds sharpish. Put Buckley up front with CMS, with Noone and KLL on the flanks, and you're looking at GOAL CENTRAL.

Buckley has strength, pace, height and composure in front of goal. He's already proved he's a natural finisher.

If anyone can convincingly tell me why this is NOT a good idea, then I will eat my own thumbs.

It's a good shout.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
As much as I'd love to argue, I couldn't live with myself if you ate your thumbs.

I have visions of Mr Easy dunking his bacon wrapped thumbs into cranberry sauce on Christmas Day. :(

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Agreed, can I have a RT.

Shit wrong media site!

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
Seriously.

This, this for Christ sakes THIS! Have been saying this to my mate and a few of the people we sit with, just in my opinion anyways, even when he has come on as a winger, we look a completely different team, much more attacking and direct with the way he runs at defenders.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I'm sorry. I'm just going to keep bouncing this thread like a TWAT until it happens.

(I will you know)

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Seriously.

Totally agree - been saying it myself since the Donnie game !!!! Let's hope he is over his injuries now and Gus gives it a go - please !!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here