Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why don't we stick BUCKLEY up front ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Probably because he cannot play more than 10 minutes without getting injured. That apart, seems a good call to me.

but then I cannot fathom most of what Gus is doing at moment tbh. Why take KLL off and bring Noone on after 20 mins? Why wait until 89 minutes before bringing on Buckley for 6 minutes?

I think Noone was brought on for KLL as he's more industrious and better at tracking back. He ran himself into the ground up and down that flank, trying to get forward in attack as well as getting back to support the defence - not sure we'd have got that from KLL.

Buckley should CERTAINLY have been given a good 15 minutes at least though I agree. Bringing him on in the 87th minute was wasteful.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I think Noone was brought on for KLL as he's more industrious and better at tracking back. He ran himself into the ground up and down that flank, trying to get forward in attack as well as getting back to support the defence - not sure we'd have got that from KLL.

I agree, but why make the change after only 20 minutes when you have 9 players? Why not wait until half time at least.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Maybe one of us should tell Gus, when he's cooled down a bit.

Well that could be the next SCOOP for HB&B.

I asked Gus about pairing Buckley with CMS and this is what he said...

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Well that could be the next SCOOP for HB&B.

I asked Gus about pairing Buckley with CMS and this is what he said...

I think this would read:

"I personally asked my great friend Gus about pairing my friend Buckley with my other very good friend CMS and this was his personal reply to me in confidence that I cant reveal on NSC."

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think this would read:

"I personally asked my great friend Gus about pairing my friend Buckley with my other very good friend CMS and this was his personal reply to me in confidence that I cant reveal on NSC."

Good point.

Or instead of a genuine question, which is of interest, HB&B would probably ask whether Gus has sprouts with his xmas dinner.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Isn't this exactly where Buckley was against Donny. On the right for goal no. 1 and up front to the left of CMS for his 2nd, played through by Nooney. It's a no brainer.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
I think this needs to happen. And i dont even like 442. Even if it was with one out and out winger and a tucked in midfielder like we played a lot last year I think CMS and Buckley up top is worth a punt.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Seriously.

CMS and Buckley up front in a 4-4-2 would be MUSTARD. Forget Billy the Flid, he can cock off back to Leeds sharpish. Put Buckley up front with CMS, with Noone and KLL on the flanks, and you're looking at GOAL CENTRAL.

Buckley has strength, pace, height and composure in front of goal. He's already proved he's a natural finisher.

If anyone can convincingly tell me why this is NOT a good idea, then I will eat my own thumbs.

100% agree

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He replied to me before and I exploded into my pants - front and back.

I had a similar reaction when Elliott Bennett replied to me the other week, in fact I'm nursing a semi now just at the thought of it.

And NO, it wasn't just a poxy retweet either.

*swoon*

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
i had a similar reaction when elliott bennett replied to me the other week, in fact i'm nursing a semi now just at the thought of it.

And no, it wasn't just a poxy retweet either.

*swoon*

Retweets don't count. It's all about the personal messages from the true Gods of Football

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Retweets don't count. It's all about the personal messages from the true Gods of Football

Indeed it is sir.

I have not, nor will I ever ask anyone for a retweet. I have made my feelings clear on this before.

Still nothing back from CMS.

#sigh

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Seriously.

CMS and Buckley up front in a 4-4-2 would be MUSTARD. Forget Billy the Flid, he can cock off back to Leeds sharpish. Put Buckley up front with CMS, with Noone and KLL on the flanks, and you're looking at GOAL CENTRAL.

Buckley has strength, pace, height and composure in front of goal. He's already proved he's a natural finisher.

If anyone can convincingly tell me why this is NOT a good idea, then I will eat my own thumbs.
Because Gus doesn't want to play the team that way. I hope you like the taste of your thumbs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here