Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why don't we stick BUCKLEY up front ?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I think we'll be forced to do this, with Hoskins injured and Barnesy suspended, it's either play a 4-5-1, or a 4-4-2 with CMS and Paynter/Buckley.

I'd love to see Buckley upfront, hopefully Gus or someone will read this thread and take note! Chance? 10%?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
It needs to happen, we're just wasting chances ie when Lua Lua skins em & knocks the ball in and 3 defenders have CMS only to mark while Paynter is carrying a hod full of bricks trudging through the centre circle

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Your neighbour's view is not really supported by the evidence. Between 26 Jan 2010 and 06 Jun 2011 he made 43 appearances (8 of which were as a sub). Not the stats of an ever present but probably over two thirds of games.

Fair play but maybe if he did miss a third of games through injury, and am not saying that is the case, then he could have seemed like a sick note which is probably why my neighbour felt that

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Seriously.

CMS and Buckley up front in a 4-4-2 would be MUSTARD. Forget Billy the Flid, he can cock off back to Leeds sharpish. Put Buckley up front with CMS, with Noone and KLL on the flanks, and you're looking at GOAL CENTRAL.

Buckley has strength, pace, height and composure in front of goal. He's already proved he's a natural finisher.

If anyone can convincingly tell me why this is NOT a good idea, then I will eat my own thumbs.

Buckley and CMS upfront together would be the BOOMTING.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Been saying this for weeks. Poor CMS is isolated, Buckley has pace to burn and has the composure infront of goal. Hes also got the nous to play CMS in time after time. Its a no brainer, get him up there!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fair play but maybe if he did miss a third of games through injury, and am not saying that is the case, then he could have seemed like a sick note which is probably why my neighbour felt that

He explained in his interview on Player, that he had two growth spurts, one at Watford and recently with us. It affected his hamstrings and caused him to stop playing for a while. I think people forget how young he is, and once he stops growing what a superb player we'll have.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
He explained in his interview on Player, that he had two growth spurts, one at Watford and recently with us. It affected his hamstrings and caused him to stop playing for a while. I think people forget how young he is, and once he stops growing what a superb player we'll have.

Yeah I heard that as well but was surprised that you still had growth spurts at his age. I assumed, wrongly I guess, that these were all done an dusted by about 19 or 20. Agree he will be awesome when he finally grows up

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree with this suggestion. Paynter makes Emile Hesley look like Gerd Muller, whilst Barnes has had the jitters all season and looks below Championship standard to me. Give Buckley a run in the side.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah, provided Reyes isn't in a police cell come kick-off...

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
Seriously.

CMS and Buckley up front in a 4-4-2 would be MUSTARD. Forget Billy the Flid, he can cock off back to Leeds sharpish. Put Buckley up front with CMS, with Noone and KLL on the flanks, and you're looking at GOAL CENTRAL.

Buckley has strength, pace, height and composure in front of goal. He's already proved he's a natural finisher.

If anyone can convincingly tell me why this is NOT a good idea, then I will eat my own thumbs.
Easy Old fella, now I know I'd had a few yesterday but wasn't this my suggestion to you yesterday????

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Seriously.

Probably because he cannot play more than 10 minutes without getting injured. That apart, seems a good call to me.

but then I cannot fathom most of what Gus is doing at moment tbh. Why take KLL off and bring Noone on after 20 mins? Why wait until 89 minutes before bringing on Buckley for 6 minutes?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Easy Old fella, now I know I'd had a few yesterday but wasn't this my suggestion to you yesterday????

We had a general discussion on the merits of the idea I believe, and arrived at the conclusion that it would indeed be a GOER.

I'm not sure I fully recall who suggested it to who to be honest, as I had become tired and emotional by that stage of the proceedings. I'd not be at all surprised if you planted the seed though, so to speak.

Maybe one of us should tell Gus, when he's cooled down a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here