Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why does everyone tear Micky Adams to shreds and completely ignore the players?

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
These guys are getting paid well to be absolute f***ing dog turd, and for me they get away with it completely. Ok, Micky's making mistakes, but all the abuse, insults, and bile thrown in his direction would be far better served if it was aimed at the cretins who can actually do something to change this. I defy any manager in the world to get results with a midfield of Cox - El Abd - Fraser - McLeod. Quite simply, that's the worst midfield I've ever seen. If anyone thinks a new manager will miraculously turn these sort of players into league one footballers then they're living in a dream world. These guys are talentless, completely f***ing talentless, yet will you hear one word against them? No, not really.

Sorry, but for me the easy and narrow-minded answer is just to blame the manager every time, and to change him every year. The tougher and more productive route would be to completely clear out the tossers on the pitch(and by that I mean virtually EVERYONE). They are the ones really embarrassing us right now, and to finally say enough is enough is the only way we'll get out of this.

Weren't three of that midfeld large contributors to last seasons 7th place finish?

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
These guys are getting paid well to be absolute f***ing dog turd, and for me they get away with it completely. Ok, Micky's making mistakes, but all the abuse, insults, and bile thrown in his direction would be far better served if it was aimed at the cretins who can actually do something to change this. I defy any manager in the world to get results with a midfield of Cox - El Abd - Fraser - McLeod. Quite simply, that's the worst midfield I've ever seen. If anyone thinks a new manager will miraculously turn these sort of players into league one footballers then they're living in a dream world. These guys are talentless, completely f***ing talentless, yet will you hear one word against them? No, not really.

Sorry, but for me the easy and narrow-minded answer is just to blame the manager every time, and to change him every year. The tougher and more productive route would be to completely clear out the tossers on the pitch(and by that I mean virtually EVERYONE). They are the ones really embarrassing us right now, and to finally say enough is enough is the only way we'll get out of this.

It's Adams' job to get the best out of them and he cant.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Fair point. The more you think about it, the more unfair it is. How many times do you see it in the Prem, players on about three times what the manager earns don't try, he gets sacked for 'not motivating them', and then they try again for a few weeks for someone else.

If you applied the same logic to a player's performances as to a manager's with regard to dismissing him, you could be sacking players left, right and centre. I'd like to see the groundbreaking legal move to sack a player for being unreasonably crap for a sustained period of time.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
All they do in training is 11 a sides and running. They are not organised, there is no plan for what they are supposed to be doing, it's shit. It's just f***ing shit. Those players are trying, even lardo McLeod was trying tonight. It's not their fault, not remotely.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm none too pleased with the players either but the buck stops with the manager. Afterall, he picks the "team".

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
No, El Abd and Fraser were bit-part players so noone realised just how shit they are until now when Micky has been forced to throw them in (who else have we got?). The midfielders that got us to 7th were Hammond, O'Callaghan, Racon, Westlake. We were shit in the period we played without those players, and guess what, we're shit now we haven't got them again.

Fraser 21 starts in all competitions last season. We are now half way through the season and he has made 8 starts.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
No, El Abd and Fraser were bit-part players so noone realised just how shit they are until now when Micky has been forced to throw them in (who else have we got?). The midfielders that got us to 7th were Hammond, O'Callaghan, Racon, Westlake. We were shit in the period we played without those players, and guess what, we're shit now we haven't got them again.

But according to Dick we have made substantial bids for new players so surely the money has always been there for Adams to replace the players you mentioned - so why hasn't he?

It also surely a part of Adams remit to bring on the young players, I would disagree they were bit part players last year, especially El Abd & Cox - and there development this year can't have been helped by the route 1 football we play now.

The buck stops with Adams, he has caused the club to regress.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't give a f*** about whether they're "trying" or not. I expect that as a minimum. What I care about is the complete lack of talent in our entire squad (Murray, Michel, Virgo, and Forster excepted).
Ok, so the manager has two goes and strengthening signed about 15 players. Some have been mediocre footballers, some quite good, some non league. However even the very good players did not make any difference to performances. form, or league position.
Also you had Livermore, Loft, and Birchall all on the bench tonight and yet the only time any of them were put into central midfield was in order to put Tommy Fraser on the right.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The mistake he made was not identifying areas (ie the entire midfield) where we are shit in the SUMMER. The whole thing has been a vicious circle since then because by the time he realised it was September, meaning we could only get loans. Now the loans have gone so we're back to being an embarrassment. I will only accept your argument if we get to the end of this window and he hasn't completely overhauled the midfield personnel.
Why did it take him from February to Septmember to grasp what we all know, which is that Fraser, Thomson, El-Abd are at best ordinary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here