Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do YOU support the Albion?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Used to live around the corner from withdean back in the 'glory days' of back to back promotions so got hooked back then and not coming from a particularly footballing family that had just moved down from solihul, i just sorta became an albion fan like that, been going ever since to varying degrees

Interesting!

I spent the first ten years of my life following the fortunes of Birmingham City - I only went a dozen or so times, but did see Trevor Francis make his debut at the age of 16 - it was the team of Bob and Dave Latchford, Gordon Taylor, Bob Hatton (and Hugh Johns on TV on a Sunday Lunchtime)

We moved down from Solihull when I was ten, and a couple of years later I went along to the Goldsone with a couple of friends who had beem pestering me at School to go to a game.

I was hooked.

We didn't dare go in the North Stand until we were about 14 but once we had been in there, there was NO other place we would rather be.

Crikey, I spent some happy days (and evenings) at the Goldstone.

Snoop Dogg

Jun 19, 2009
Born in Brighton. Went to the Goldstone for my 8th Birthday to see us lose 1-0 to Birmingham City.

Been hooked since! :albion2:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I was born in Brighton General and no other team comes anywhere near my love for the Albion. Not even England.

:albion2:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
born in t wells, my brother forced me to join him, and that was that.

35 years ago.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I can't honestly say I remember why I got into supporting the Albion. My first game was around Christmas 1982, although I wasn't a regular until 1986-87 season when we were relegated. That should've told me something!!

But Brighton born and bred, and nothing else for it frankly.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Born in Brighton in 1966 but didn't get hooked until the early eighties. Then I discovered beer and away games and i've been hooked ever since. Mostly a miserable existence with a few rays of sunshine mixed in. The Stad du Falmer is a f***ing big ray by the way.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
born in hertfordshire, lived there all my life, but i used to go to brighton all the time as a kid. i really liked the place and one saturday in 1997 we were down there and my dad took me to a game at the goldstone against wigan. i think it was the 2nd to last home game there. havent looked back since

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I had a Liverpool scarf and seemed destined to support them. My father is a big RU fan and being a director of his company at the time, we didn't always have saturdays free to go and watch the football. Ignoring the rugby link, he was a naturalised Leicester fan and saw Shiltons first game.

Sammy Nelson (NI and Albion) took me to my first game as a treat for our school football team (I went to the same school as his two sons) and was immediatly hooked. Used to go with a friend and his dad, before my dad took over the mantle. Started off in the South Stand, graduated to the North Stand (aged 11) and then ended up in the West Stand.

I hate them much of the time (the sorrow, despair, angst) but will always love them.*

* The Albion, not my dad, friend, Sammy Nelson and his sons or friend's dad.

brulee

Aug 12, 2008
born in brighton in 62. first home game pat sayward last game in charge. saw brian clough being interviewed on telly in chicken run. first away game, palace when we beat malcom alisons team 1-0.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Born in Brighton and and then moved to the knoll estate at 3 years old and have fond memories of walking along the old shoreham rd with my mates at about 12 years old in early 1970 to stand on the corner of the chicken run and been hooked ever since.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Brighton born and have done my bit by indoctrinating 2 of my sons & 3 nephews into being Albion fans. looking forward to working on the g'kids, one has already met Michel kuipers through the schools scheme.

As mentioned before (by Tayba?), upmost respect to those youngsters who never saw us play at the Goldstone and who are given precios little to cheer. I'm sure you'll be rewarded at falmer.

Socky

Sockmonster
Jun 24, 2008
Brighton
born in brighton in 62. first home game pat sayward last game in charge. saw brian clough being interviewed on telly in chicken run. first away game, palace when we beat malcom alisons team 1-0.

Born in Brighton same year! Was on telly when Clough arrived. First games for me were in the season in old Div2 in about 1971 or 1972

Pestered my dad all summer after I saw him pissed the morning after going to a cup replay vs Rotherham at Stamford Bridge.
Grandfather (a Palace supporter) made me a box to stand on and off dad and I went from Livingstone Road in August 1960.
I've been going along regularly ever since and will be in my E Block seat tomorrow, next to AD Jnr. We no longer live in Sussex but it's our club, it's something we do and it's called support.

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
My first football match was against Blackburn so i guess it was either Brighton or Blackburn strangely enough my 2nd team is Burnley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here