Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do YOU support the Albion?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I found the toilets at the Goldstone a great meeting place and then drifted onto watching the football

there was nothing quite like having a slash and watching fag butts drift by on the tide of piss ,happy long gone days full of wonderfull memories

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
It's not my fault. I got intoduced to it and that was it. I have tried everything to stop but I just cant. Help

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
When I was going through my homosexual phase, my dad took me to the Goldstone and I fell in love with Ken Beamish.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
hearing the roar from the Goldstone ground sat in my back garden by portslade station made the hairs on the back of my neck stick up and i've followed brighton ever since.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
My Uncle took me to my first game a titanic clash against Tottenham back in the 70s and i was hooked. Shoreham by the Sea born, Much to the annoyance of my dad (scummer) you have to support your local team,and be proud. Moved up north and loved being an away Seagull..............

Scummy northern monkey "Brighton why Brighton ?"

Me "Have you been ?"

Scummy northern monkey "No, its full of poofs"

Me "and you sir come from a shithole and have never worked a day in your life"

Me "Now Feck Off ya Northern monkey"

Me................Running away fast quickly pursued by 12 knuckle draggers

AAAHHHH the joy

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Sussex born and bred so that put me in the catchment area for two teams: Brighton and Man Utd. It was a tricky decision but I felt Brighton had a lot more going for them.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sussex Born and Bred (Horsham) wasn't aware we had a choice! Now my two boys (aged 3 & 6) are getting the same message, you don't have a choice, you're stuck with it, deal with it.

... and if I hear "but Dad, all the other boys have Chelsea shirts" once more I'll start taking them to away games as well to really teach them a lesson!

Jan 30, 2008
I've only supported the albion for 5 years but there's something about constantly fighting against the odds and being a team that can play utter turd (losing 1-0 to 9 man Walsall last season) and suddenly transforming to a wonder team (beating Man City in the following match).
So other than location why do YOU support the Albion?

p.s Bring on the Gills! :albion2:

time to change your nappy.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I went to my first game as a 5 year old, been a fan ever since.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
its because of my mum, she took me to my first game at the goldstone around 76/77 (i think) and the stripes have been in my blood ever since. fortunately i have done the deed and passed this on to my 6yr old boy. also born in brighton.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Sussex Born and Bred (Horsham) wasn't aware we had a choice! Now my two boys (aged 3 & 6) are getting the same message, you don't have a choice, you're stuck with it, deal with it.

... and if I hear "but Dad, all the other boys have Chelsea shirts" once more I'll start taking them to away games as well to really teach them a lesson!

Off topic but have you belted out 'Hersham Boys' before?

scooter1

How soon is now?
Brighton born and bred. Despite glory hunting flirtations with Liverpool and Villa as a youngster, Brighton is where I watched my first game and now there is no contest. My little one is 10 months old and he'll have no choice. He WILL be a Brighton fan until such a time as he can afford his own football shirts and then he can defect if he wishes, but he'll be back - we always gravitate back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here