Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do we call Palace fans 'pikeys' ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Genuine question, because to be honest I don't really see the connection. Is it because its just a general derogatory term ? All this stuff about tents and caravans just doesn't make much sense to me, I've never seen a traveller who is a Palace fan, and whilst Croydon is an unpleassant cyst on the arse of south London, I'm not aware of it being a popular site for pikeys to pitch up at.

Liverpool fans are bindippers because they are all dirty thieves. Cardiff fans all shag sheep as its widely accepted that that’s the national passtime in the valleys. Norwich / Ipswich are all inbreds as it’s a given that that’s what they get up to in that part of the world. And obviously we are all bumders. But this Palace / Pikey / Gypsy thing - I just don't geddit. Is there a specific reason or incident that gave birth to this label ?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
The pikeys are actually Gillingham, that's well known in football. Don't really understand why some on here call Palace that.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Chavs maybe, but pikeys? Not quite the same thing in my book. Could sort of understand it if levelled at Gillingham supporters...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nor do I. Nigels fit much better. They are dull, desk clerks in their dreary north Surrey/Kent suburbs.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Maybe cos it's next to Gypsy Hill. More Chav than Pikey though, hence the world famous Croydon Facelift.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Croydon Chavs, live with them for many years. I hope nothing rubbed off on me.....

images

me.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I've worked in Croydon for quite a while, it really does have the lowest form of human life in abundance but Pikey is definitely way off the mark. Chav fits perfectly.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Maybe cos it's next to Gypsy Hill. More Chav than Pikey though, hence the world famous Croydon Facelift.

I live in gipsy hill and its not great but Crystal Palace itself is quite well-to-do although they are right mext to each other.

The truth I think lies in the fact that the ground and fans come from Norwood and Croydon and I agree they are more chavs.

It all depends on how you term someone who walks their stringy mangy dog at 7 in the morning while drinking a can of stella. Whatever we call them we all know what we are talking about.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I live in gipsy hill and its not great but Crystal Palace itself is quite well-to-do although they are right mext to each other.

The truth I think lies in the fact that the ground and fans come from Norwood and Croydon and I agree they are more chavs.

It all depends on how you term someone who walks their stringy mangy dog at 7 in the morning while drinking a can of stella. Whatever we call them we all know what we are talking about.

This Chav.

Pikeys don't walk dogs, they just let them out..

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Its because they are inbred's who find it the norm to have sexual relation's with members of their own families

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Palace are a bit of everything, bindippers (the riots proved that), inbred, chavs and pikeys. The only thing they cant be accused of is sheep shagging as every sheep that has ever been in croydon had a skewer stuck up its arse and because the local kebab shops meat for the week

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here