Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do we call Palace fans 'pikeys' ?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Nor do I. Nigels fit much better. They are dull, desk clerks in their dreary north Surrey/Kent suburbs.

Yes all of us, of course. Just like you all take drugs and are gay. FFS, grow up

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I thought the term 'chav' originated from gypsies anyway. But I agree that we should be calling Palace chavs rather than Pikeys as the modern meaning of chav fits better.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The pikeys are actually Gillingham, that's well known in football. Don't really understand why some on here call Palace that.

Actually it's Chavs that hail from Chatham which is next to Gillingham. Pikey is the traditional name for Gypsies.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I thought the term 'chav' originated from gypsies anyway. But I agree that we should be calling Palace chavs rather than Pikeys as the modern meaning of chav fits better.

The word 'Chav' eminates from the Chatham Dockyard (as was). It has nothing to do with Gypsies A.K.A. Pikeys. Inturn technicaly Gypises are not 'Travellers' (or unwashed scum as many call them). Traditional Gypises want nothing to do with Travellers.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

However 2011 is;

1. Hull
    Mike says: “I was born and bred in Hull and can honestly say you’re bang on with your description. What a f***ing dump this place is”
  2. Middlesbrough
    Jimi says: “I have lived on the outskirts of Boro for 29 years and would never dream of living within Boro itself, it really is a shithole”
  3. Bradford
    Faggy says: “I have had the misfortune of living in the Bradford area for most of my life and can honestly say anyone disagreeing with this has either never been there, is delusional, or is a smacked up chav”
  4. Croydon
    Anonymous says: “Croydon and many parts of the UK are descending into shit with this underclass of backward sheep filth that are the chavs – and this is the future of the country – we are f***ed”
  5. Hackney
  6. Gravesend
    bigupboi says: “Gravesend is populated by the most grotesque, loathsome, vile and vulgar sub-human vermin that one could ever have the misfortune to come across. The vast majority of its inhabitants (chavs and pikies) are foul, hateful, and degraded beings who, in evolutionary terms, have not evolved much from the amoeba”
  7. Salford
    Anonymous says: “I’ve lived in Salford for 21 years and seen it go from crap to even crapper. Anyone stupid enough to use public transport in Salford will most certainly agree that the M10 and 67 buses are scary”
  8. Nottingham
    Jaded Agoraphobic says: “I’ve lived there all my life and I don’t think I’ve ever been into town, day or night, without seeing someone being attacked or harassed, or some dregs of society having it out in the street”
  9. Stoke-on-Trent
    Anonymous says: “How can you describe Stoke? Well if the actual World needed an enema, Stoke-on-Trent would be where they shove the pipe”
  10. Barking & Dagenham
    Anonymous says: “Dagenham has all the charm of a fetid pool of primordial muck. If Chav heaven is in Romford, then Dagenham is the gateway between heaven and hell”

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Nor do I. Nigels fit much better. They are dull, desk clerks in their dreary north Surrey/Kent suburbs.

Quite so, far more appropriate in truth. Nobody in their right mind would live in a house with wheels in Croydon as it would be far too easy to steal.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
croydon chavs, live with them for many years. I hope nothing rubbed off on me.....

images

me.

lmao

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Quite so, far more appropriate in truth. Nobody in their right mind would live in a house with wheels in Croydon as it would be far too easy to steal.

And all Brighton fans are trend-setting normals are they? I think you'll find the demographic profile of the Brighton and Palace fans is similar.

The Nigel thing was invented by Millwall as we aren't scarfer-battering thickos who spend the whole match making cut-throat gestures at the oppo fans. Brighton fans are embarrassing yourself using it (unless you want to be viewed in the same gene pool as the Spanners).

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
When I left England the word 'chav' wasn't in popular use. People who would now be termed chavs were called pikeys. Croydon is full of said people, thus I call the palace fans pikeys.

Nigels has absolutely no meaning for me.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
And all Brighton fans are trend-setting normals are they? I think you'll find the demographic profile of the Brighton and Palace fans is similar.

The Nigel thing was invented by Millwall as we aren't scarfer-battering thickos who spend the whole match making cut-throat gestures at the oppo fans. Brighton fans are embarrassing yourself using it (unless you want to be viewed in the same gene pool as the Spanners).

True, I eschew the expression 'Nigels' and prefer the far more accurate 'Wankers' or latterly the far more appropriate 'Jealous Wankers'.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Pikey is more descriptive rather than literally meaning a gypsy, 'Nigel from Purley is a bit Pikey' isn't he ?

Meaning south london trailer trash, very downmarket, chavvy.

I think that after the recent riots, and burning down of Reeves corner, and looting of stores on Purley Way, a brand new nick name should now be applied - something more up to date and appropriate.

Ideas?

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
I always thought pikey was a term used to describe itinerant people who roamed turnpikes looking for work.

I also thought that the term chav referred to the CHatham AVerage, self explanatory really.

D

Deleted member 2719

They are pikeys for at least tonight............. remember............ " The wheels on their house go round and round".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here