Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do our own fans slag us off?

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Not even a flounce fella... in full control of my behaviour, it is a shame you people do not represent the majority of Albion fans, it's quite disgusting to be fair to see the shit plastered over this forum in the past few months, and you should be pretty ashamed of yourselves when you go to a Brighton match. That's a generality and some don't deserve that, but a lot of you do, and if it's a thumbs up to get rid of a member that supports the club that says everything about you and not me.

Mostly like your posts, can’t always agreed with everyone, so I hope you change your mind & stay on NCS. You are right when you say there are people on here who are too ready to be abusive to fellow posters, players etc. Unfortunately they are often the most 'vocal', friend of mine has given up on NCS because of this. I sometimes wonder why people feel the need to reply to a post with abuse even if it is not in the slightest bit controversial. Would they speak to you in the same way if they were standing in front of you? I certainly hope not.
As for the main thrust of your OP it is reasonable to question decisions/performances at any time of the season, I think you agree with this point but in a constructive way & too many are ready to act as judge, jury & executioner. Expectations now are much higher than they should be. For me it has been an absolutely brilliant season, we have over achieved & with just a handful of games to go are in with a shout at the playoffs. Do Gus & the players make mistakes, off course they do, who among us can say we always do a perfect job in our work? They are learning & even if they falter in the final push is all part of the learning curve so if we miss out it will still have been much more than I ever expected.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I am also not sure any poster on here is claiming they could do a better job than Gus. Only that on some occasions, Gus could do a better job than he does.

Crikey-it's taken all season,1500 pages of NSC,binfests,flouncing et al and many hours of heartache,pain strife and vast amounts of alcohol consumption to finally get-

The Definitive Answer

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Mostly like your posts, can’t always agreed with everyone, so I hope you change your mind & stay on NCS. You are right when you say there are people on here who are too ready to be abusive to fellow posters, players etc. Unfortunately they are often the most 'vocal', friend of mine has given up on NCS because of this. I sometimes wonder why people feel the need to reply to a post with abuse even if it is not in the slightest bit controversial. Would they speak to you in the same way if they were standing in front of you? I certainly hope not.
As for the main thrust of your OP it is reasonable to question decisions/performances at any time of the season, I think you agree with this point but in a constructive way & too many are ready to act as judge, jury & executioner. Expectations now are much higher than they should be. For me it has been an absolutely brilliant season, we have over achieved & with just a handful of games to go are in with a shout at the playoffs. Do Gus & the players make mistakes, off course they do, who among us can say we always do a perfect job in our work? They are learning & even if they falter in the final push is all part of the learning curve so if we miss out it will still have been much more than I ever expected.

Phew, 2 long paragraphs that said NOTHING and two more minutes of my life gone

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I can't sleep now... pumped up from the few pints, not 12 as [MENTION=23180]WSU[/MENTION] said lol

Can you understand me fella when I say this isn't the time to be calling for the head of the manager and all the other associated shit? As I'm saying, why don't these miserable bastards leave it until the end of the season? We should seriously be excited about the last 5 games, not feeling embarrassed by the threads made about wanting Gus Poyet's head. I'm embarrassed by them. The miseries argument is we talk about history, we talk about Preistfield and Withers. But it ain't about that... it is about us being 7th in the Championship, being close enough to smell it and winning more games than we lose. But it just isn't good enough for this miserable few on here that just irritates the rest of us. And for me personally, because I don't reply to the 1001 Burns induced threads yesterday I am one of the quiet ones? What the fucks that all about? It's fine asking for Gus' head on one thread but do it about 4 or 5 times? I personally feel people like him should go, seriously just go, allow Brighton supporters to support Brighton. Go find a Dagenham type side where they feel comfortable. Yeah it is doing my head in.
Haven't got time to go through this now, but I definately will later, but I have to take you up on one thing now. You seem to have got it into your head as you've managed to mention it twice in thsi thread, but I have not called for Gus' head. All I am saying, its frustrating as shit, to watch us lose points over and over again, because Poyet is picking strange sides and formations, and not playing to the strengths of his squad. HIS SQUAD. He built it with Bloom's millions, and so far so good, but he is not using the match winning players to win matches. What I was trying to get across yesterday, is at this time of the season its about f***ing time we went at teams and tried to boss games, because this "Gus" style of wearing other sides down and bringing on late subs to win it, is losing us far more points than its winning us... and its not like he hasn't signed the platyers to get at the oppositon and attack them, insted of trying to tire them out. Its painfully not working.

But to get to the point, I haven't called for Gus to be sacked, so stop quoting that. What I have said, is at the start of the season if Gus went to Spurs I'd have been gutted. Now if he walks, I wouldn't care, as I beleive we are now in a position where every top canidate would look seriously at taking the Brighton job. There would not be many that turn it down

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Mate, everyone is allowed to be questioned undoubtedly I would question Gus' loyalty towards Barnes, but then again I would question Barnes being played out of position. But it isn't that so much. It is the way people come on here and tell us how we should play and the manager should be sacked and players are crap, when all they are is picked to play. None of us would take this level of abuse in our own jobs.

If there has to be an autopsy, wait til the season has ended, but I will bounce the thread last summer where 95% of people said consolidation was our aim. Now a huge percentage of them are just not worthy of Brighton's support. I'm ashamed with them and I hope they are not a good representation of the overall support of the club. Although I feel this place has probably lost a lot of posting from those that are not prepared to read the shite people type anymore. I'll be with them come summer.
Just to pick you up on that again, as you keep saying people want Gus sacked. No they don't.

I know it makes your point look more interesting, but try sticking with the truth.

They are just fed up with negative football, that is losing us massive amounts of points, when he himself has signed players good enough to cemented in the play offs now. Football is a much easier game if you play to your teams strengths. Try and play a way the squad isn't capable of, and you drop important points. And we have drop too many important unnessercary points over the past month or so. Play your pretty style when you have the players to play it. No disrescept to some of the players in teh squad, but they will never be good enough to play Gus' final brand of football, so why flog a dead horse? Just play to the strengths of what you have available. Adapt, then he may become a truely great manager. Flog a dead horse and drop points, then he's only ever going to be run of the mill.

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Got to the end of page two, and so far it would appear this threads backfired on you...... fella

Looking forward to getting back later and reading the rest. No doubt the main points will be dont dare question Gus, look where we were blah blah blah.

If NSC was full of people like you, it'll be closed within a month because it will be the most boring place on the web with posters like you.

At least I manage to get a bit of livey debate going now again, even if it does upset people like you. Now get back to the 50s where you belong.:lol:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Genuine question ... has anyone actually said they want Poyet out? Maybe there are 3 or 4 dunno but can't say I've seen any numbers.

As I suggested in earlier post I have come on here and questioned stuff. Like Friday, before the game I was stunned that Gus started Reyes ... that doesn't mean I think Gus should be sacked or I can do a better job it's just a comment. But it's those sorts of comments that draw fire and all sorts of daft responses about my loyalty to the club, unreasonable expectations and frankly it's pathetic in the extreme to make such associations.

Not challenging your point mate, it may apply to one or two but not the vast majority that have a different point of view.

Anyway good luck looks like you've got 2 or 3 entertaining battles on the go
No they haven't

And that's where London Blue making a complete tit of himself, and why this thread as blown up in his face.

I started a couple of threads yesterday, as I genuinlly beleive we should be doing much better than we are, but Poyet is sticking to a brand of football, the squad is not good enough to play, and results would appear to back that up. We've only lost 2 in 17 which looks a great stats, but I could throw the stats we've only won 2 in our last 13 away games, when we have the players to scare the shit out of sides, Poyets style is to wear them down, which painfully is now longer working for us.

But LononBlue is on a cruside to rubbish any negative thoughts, but like most of his type, completely miss the point, and he's keeps saying we want Poyet sacked, when we haven't said that. I think over the seasonPoyet on the whole has done a great job, he's built a great squad, but for the past months, he's falling well short IMo, and it just seems more than anything to be an ego thing with him. He's too one minded and its not working, yet he refuse to budge on his principals and its costing us.

Now if we should just sit here and priase Poyet, then great.

NSC would cease to be the place it is in weeks if we all had to tow the line like London Blue wants.

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I have an alternative view to the people asking for the head of Gus Poyet and you call it sanitised? I definitely know your stance fella.

Is it worth reading the rest, or does London Blues whole argument against those who want Gus sacked?

In other words he has no argument, and is just attention seeking?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I agree with the top post and a few comments in this topic, the rest is just a load of crap to me 8|

Notice how that when were winning games, the people that usually moan arent here - think that was noticed on Friday. Id personally love to know how slagging your manager and players off is going to improve things. Yes, we wont always agree with the manager, but if they have been in football all their life and they work with the players day in, day out, they probably know what their doing - yet Joe Bloggs whos 21 and from Patcham thinks he can do a better job - its mad, but wont ever go away and the bigger and better the club become, the worse things like this will probably get.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No they haven't

And that's where London Blue making a complete tit of himself, and why this thread as blown up in his face.

I started a couple of threads yesterday, as I genuinlly beleive we should be doing much better than we are, but Poyet is sticking to a brand of football, the squad is not good enough to play, and results would appear to back that up. We've only lost 2 in 17 which looks a great stats, but I could throw the stats we've only won 2 in our last 13 away games, when we have the players to scare the shit out of side, Poyets style is to wear them down, which painfully is now longer working for us.

But LononBlue is on a cruside to rubbish any negative thoughts, but like most of his type, completely miss the point, and he's keeps saying we want Poyet sacked, when we haven't said that. I think over the seasonPoyet on the whole has done a great job, he's built a great squad, but for the past months, he's falling well short IMo, and it just seems more than anything to be an ego thing with him. He's too one minded and its not working, yet he refuse to budge on his principals and its costing us.

NSC would cease to be the place it is in weeks if we all had to tow the line like London Blue wants.

This is a fair and valid point-not an anti Brighton slant imo

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
No they haven't

I started a couple of threads yesterday, as I genuinlly beleive we should be doing much better than we are, but Poyet is sticking to a brand of football, the squad is not good enough to play, and results would appear to back that up. We've only lost 2 in 17 which looks a great stats, but I could throw the stats we've only won 2 in our last 13 away games, when we have the players to scare the shit out of side, Poyets style is to wear them down, which painfully is now longer working for us.

Sums it up nicely.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I agree with the top post and a few comments in this topic, the rest is just a load of crap to me 8|

Notice how that when were winning games, the people that usually moan arent here - think that was noticed on Friday. Id personally love to know how slagging your manager and players off is going to improve things. Yes, we wont always agree with the manager, but if they have been in football all their life and they work with the players day in, day out, they probably know what their doing - yet Joe Bloggs whos 21 and from Patcham thinks he can do a better job - its mad, but wont ever go away and the bigger and better the club become, the worse things like this will probably get.

It won't. but its a discussion board, and we discuss things.

I've said time and time again, at the games I suppoprt them 100%. Never called for a managers head, but slagged a player off. Last time I threw a boo or an insult aimed at a brighton employee from the terrace was in the 90s and no prizes for guessing who that was too.

I'd much rather the like of me come on here and moan, then drag the team down at a game.

The closest I come to having a direct pop at someone was Gus on Friday, because I could have said something to Gus that he would have heard as I was close enough to him, and knowing him he would have chipped back, and he not have won the argument, because all i would of said its your team, don't walk out of them, because I always been thought in football you stick together no matter what, and for the manager to f*** off in a huff, because thats what it was a hissy fit, with two minutes normal time, and 8 minutes to total to go, is a f***ing poor show IMO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here