Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do our own fans slag us off?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I seriously don't think they do, I think they are a bunch of nimbys, the nimbys have run me out of town.
Stop having a f***ing hissy fit and man up. Just because you've made stuff up to try and back up whatever point it is your making, and it's blown up in your face, get on with it.

I lost an argument on here once (I didn't really, just said that to try and make you feel better). You get over it given time :lol: :lol:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Mate you seriously have no idea how chilled out I am ... no anger or angst here whatsoever (I never get angry) ... nothing against you... my decision has been well thought out but badly timed.
So your staying now?

Oh I've wasted so many post.

I dont what day it is any more

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Something to be discussed in the summer without a doubt... I don't personally think Gus is the messiah but he has lead us form the bowels of League 1 to the championship and who knows, the play offs still beckon for the Prem. We have well exceeded all expectations and no-one can deny that and I am f***ing proud of them, all of them, all the staff. What I don't understand is degenerate turds on here saying he should be sacked, blah, blah ... yet when I defend him I am sanitising some situation. It is ok for some complete prick to post about 5 threads yesterday telling us to get rid of Poyet, yet one thread today defending the guy gets total vitriol from the NSC hard boys. I'm a bit out of the loop on this and at a bit of a loss. I'll be hanging up me handbag from this place come the end of the season... it's full of hatred, I mean real hatred.

Thats a word which obviosuly dont understand fully. NSC is far from a place where hatred breeds.

Last edited:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I don't think many of us that support this club understand the moaners, and it has nothing to do with past history. I think what some don't understand is we are 7th in the league, at our best we were 1st and at our worst we were 16th, and we are actually candidates for a play off place for the Prem.

Instead of them slagging off the team tactics and slagging off individuals, I would actually like them to get behind us for the remainder of the campaign, instead of having this inner resentment for the management staff, for which I personally cannot understand. Actually stand up and be a voice in the crowd. Analyse what has f***ed you off when the season ends, not in the crucial part of it.

It is rolled out time and again by those that don't particularly support us, I have come to believe, just come here when we lose, how much they could do a better job, butchers, bakers, soldiers, sailors... all can do a better job. I have noticed, to a point, the people that can do a better job are the ones that watch their footy on Sky and have learnt it from Andy Gray and Gary Neville. They come on here with their 'radical' ideas about how Gus should do this and not that and use this player here and that player there. Quality armchair theories. They obviously train these boys 5 days a week, they take scouts memo's, survey the injury list and suspension possibilities, look at the pitch size, oppositions basic standards, etc. If we sack Gus and take on the NSC management I reckon we'll have to allocate about 145 seats for the home dug out. They go on about us having 5 wingers, but Gus bought them all. Would John Smith recently released from Barnet and now Brighton manager attract them in the first place? So all these armchair fans now tell us how much better Brighton would be under them with the squad available to them that Gus has brought together because he is Gus Poyet and he attracts this standard of player. So these armchair fans would have this squad and they would also be in the Championship because they were that good to get us there.

I have been supporting and watching Brighton since 1973 and apart from the Mullers years I don't remember another time when we have had it so good. In fact we have it better, so much better, the Goldstone was a shithole, the Amex isn't. We have a future. We have a squad. We have a management team. We have an executive board that believes in the club. We have a ground to be proud of. What the f*** are you miseries moaning about? So we don't get play offs first season, so what? Is that an excuse to jump on the manager? You are the people that have a serious problem in your lives, not those that are enjoying what we are doing. And I am totally serious when I say... go support someone else and stop festering NSC and the club, you are a disgrace to the name of Brighton & Hove Albion.

I hope that answers your sanctimonious bleating [MENTION=894]Mr Burns[/MENTION], you have goaded me to answer your threads but I prefer to make my own.

Having said that, I got up for a slash and had an epiphany and wrote this. Back to bed now.

Too much crap there to go through it all. You missed the point in the first line. PEOPLE ARE NOT ONLY INTERESTED IN OUR LEAGUE POSITION, the style of play is just ssssooooooooo boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is why we moan.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Not even a flounce fella... in full control of my behaviour, it is a shame you people do not represent the majority of Albion fans, it's quite disgusting to be fair to see the shit plastered over this forum in the past few months, and you should be pretty ashamed of yourselves when you go to a Brighton match. That's a generality and some don't deserve that, but a lot of you do, and if it's a thumbs up to get rid of a member that supports the club that says everything about you and not me.

LB - I for one wouldnt like to see you leave! Your a supporter and we all want the same goal/outcome.

Last edited:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Too much crap there to go through it all. You missed the point in the first line. PEOPLE ARE NOT ONLY INTERESTED IN OUR LEAGUE POSITION, the style of play is just ssssooooooooo boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is why we moan.

Might be boring, but you cant say it isnt total shit, must be doing something right.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Thats a word which obviosuly dont understand fully. NSC is far from a place where hatred breeds. This thread is all about YOU, and your ridiculous need to have as much attention as you can get. its pathetic!

I like the way you fill your day waiting eagerly by your computer for replies then instantly delivering a response. Life is for enjoying - try it one day.

I don't think that's fair. This is the first time I've ever noticed LB post. Can't say that for those who come on here with a moan, often the same old posters.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Might be boring, but you cant say it isnt total shit, must be doing something right.

We must be by getting points, I agree. However, as much Gus bleats about his Budget being too small, he has have been given more to spend than ANY former Manager. Simply worrying about keeping the f***ing ball so the other team don't have it to score is a very long way from being entertaining. I would rather win two and lose one, than grind out the odd win in a mist of boring low scoring draws.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I don't think that's fair. This is the first time I've ever noticed LB post. Can't say that for those who come on here with a moan, often the same old posters.

Yeah your right, i take it back. Post edited.

But suggesting there is hatred on this site is plainly ridiculous. Thats what annoyed me TBH.

He just needs to relax and enjoy NSC and understand there will be opinions that vary from his own.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
We must be by getting points, I agree. However, as much Gus bleats about his Budget being too small, he has have been given more to spend than ANY former Manager. Simply worrying about keeping the f***ing ball so the other team don't have it to score is a very long way from being entertaining. I would rather win two and lose one, than grind out the odd win in a mist of boring low scoring draws.

Agreed, would have thought that CMS was signed to get the goals we have been missing, but this season hasnt gone well for him. If it had then we wouldnt of had all these late winners and narrow wins. Really hope it gets sorted before next season, we start getting the goals we have been missing, then we may even be up there with challenging for the title.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Agreed, would have thought that CMS was signed to get the goals we have been missing, but this season hasnt gone well for him. If it had then we wouldnt of had all these late winners and narrow wins. Really hope it gets sorted before next season, we start getting the goals we have been missing, then we may even be up there with challenging for the title.

To be fair to CMS, it is not totally his fault. He simply does not get the service to give the number of chances he needs with his strike rate. He is too wasteful. With the number of chances this team create, we will need to spend a small fortune (10x plus CMS's fee) to get the quality of striker needed to get enough goals.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are so many wind up merchants here, the ignore facility is a great tool to use. Don't go [MENTION=17215]LondonBlue[/MENTION], just ignore those who love the sound of their own voice.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Some strikers thrive on playing the lone striker role, while there are probably plenty of top premiership strikers that couldn't play as a sole striker if their life depended on it. CMS I think, is firmly in the can never play to lone role. He needs to feed of someone. Just my opinion.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Some strikers thrive on playing the lone striker role, while there are probably plenty of top premiership strikers that couldn't play as a sole striker if their life depended on it. CMS I think, is firmly in the can never play to lone role. He needs to feed of someone. Just my opinion.

He was fed through the middle at Posh werent he ? So surely Friday would of been suited to him (he did have a few chances). Who was his partner at Posh ? Wasnt Boyd was it ?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
There are so many wind up merchants here, the ignore facility is a great tool to use. Don't go [MENTION=17215]LondonBlue[/MENTION], just ignore those who love the sound of their own voice.

What like you? So nobody is allowed a different opinion to you? Grow a pair and learn to argue your point like a man! Debate is healthy, and our right as Englishmen. Or it was before Tony Blair and his cronies outlawed it as being un-PC.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What like you? So nobody is allowed a different opinion to you? Grow a pair and learn to argue your point like a man! Debate is healthy, and our right as Englishmen. Or it was before Tony Blair and his cronies outlawed it as being un-PC.

Calm down dear.:lol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am perfectly calm now thank you. I just get wound-up by people who do not like others to express opinions that differ to theirs. These is simply to much of it these days. At least we can talk about football without breaking one of Blair's laws.
Show me where I said I don't like others expressing opinions? I just said the ignore tool is a great tool to use, which was meant for [MENTION=17215]LondonBlue[/MENTION] who had got himself wound up by posters. I only had 2 posters on my ignore list which is now redundant because they've since been banned.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Show me where I said I don't like others expressing opinions? I just said the ignore tool is a great tool to use, which was meant for [MENTION=17215]LondonBlue[/MENTION] who had got himself wound up by posters. I only had 2 posters on my ignore list which is now redundant because they've since been banned.

Maybe you would care to re-visit your post that I replied to. It certainly did not read as you suggest it should.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here