Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do our own fans slag us off?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Part of the fun of football. Game of opinions and all that.

But, in 99% of cases, I don't think people doing the 'slagging off' actually want the targets to hear. They are just venting frustration

I think that sums it up very well. Most of us are still pinching ourselves with disbelief that we were in a play-off position on Good Friday, and that is what made the result a bit hard to digest. We didn't deserve to win, nor particularly did we deserve to lose, but it was one of those games which was decided on a good bit of finishing and fortune.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Err, it's a football club. Of course people are going to moan. Just because we've had a shit history means that there's now no room for improvement and anything we have at the moment is a bonus? We all might as well go and support Crawley then.

Do you not call going from 21st in League 1 to 7th in the Championship improvement?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Because, if you have a few thousand people together in one place you will get a few thousand different opinions. Some of these will be stupidly positive, some will be stupidly negative and a lot will be somewhere in the middle.

I know some people who go home and away with the Albion and have done for years, who can be as negative as anyone. Still proper fans.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Waiting for Bozza to delete my account mate.

That is a shame it has come to this-good luck above and beyond to you-UTA & GUS POYET

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That is a shame it has come to this-good luck above and beyond to you-UTA & GUS POYET

Cheers dude, support the cause, which isn't slagging them off and ultimately the reason I can't be arsed with the knuckleheads here anymore... I wish they could support them to.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Not certain they are planning on stopping there... I think the Prem is the main goal...

Exactly - so why shouldn't there be moaning when the team fails to perform? It's not like we're half way through the season - there are FIVE games left. We still have something to play for, to be a part of the biggest league in the world and, like it or not, some people are going to be pissed off if the team fail to reach the play offs given the position we've got ourselves into.

The OP on this thread is an absolute clown for suggesting that these people are only there to slag off the team, if anything I'd argue they're more passionate about BHAFC than he is if he's contempt to wimper away from this climax and sit in 7th.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They do support them though.

In their own way

Probably the key point, but the issue is not the way the OP wants fans to support the club

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
by the way that was a joke [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION]... keep your toupee on

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Well well,just read the whole thread...it's opinions but the OP did pose a question...then up pops an answer that he was an attention seeker...how else are you supposed to ask a question then? Is not the person who accuses him an attention seeker too by saying "Look at me,I'm different"!
What London Blue says...(IN MY OPINION) is 100% right there are a lot of moaners on here who slag off the team,the manager,tactics.
I have been lucky enough to see every promotion team from 58'64' late 70s and if you notice there are years between the promotions...the team that played at Gillingham were an terrible team...but at least they were OUR terrible team and we supported them..the gates were about one and a half thousand and we lost a generation of supporters . Have in that time only slagged off one player and he was a loanee,but he was told to his face. It seems today,not just in football,that everybody wants instant success and if they don't get it they start sniping at players and managers,if anybody is unhappy at Gus or his methods,tell him at the Fans Forum to his face. Some fans were unhappy about Gus and his tactics when he started his' Playing out from the back system and were shouting out "Get it forward'...are they willing now to say on here they were wrong. Even if we don't get to the play offs this season it still has been a good season,those who are not happy are perfectly entitled to withdraw their ST for next season. I very much trust Tony Blooms judgement,Gus's judgement and the teams efforts,those who leave this summer I wish good luck (As long as they don't join Palace) and will welcome any new players. I might not even see the next promotion,but I can wait....till then C'MON THE SEAGULLS!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
by the way that was a joke [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION]... keep your toupee on

Toupee ? You really know me so well.

Seriously chill out

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The OP is the important point but many will skim it and agree with the sheep, so it's lost

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Cheers dude, support the cause, which isn't slagging them off and ultimately the reason I can't be arsed with the knuckleheads here anymore... I wish they could support them to.

See the beauty in it all good and bad-for you could have a wonderful opportunity Tuesday to shove it right back down peoples throats-

Reading is our last real chance to stay in touch-i predict good things,forget our result on boxing day against them,we were in the doldrums,we were missing many players and they were on a good run.

So what has changed?

They are on another good run,but we have been too,we have better players now than that day available to us,this on the back of a defeat and us being at home vs the team in 2nd place,i feel Reading will probably get promoted,who knows,but our players will want this really bad-

I have faith in them and if we lose,although i cannot see us making the play off's as a result,i will be the proudest and happiest i have ever been in 23 years of following the Albion-

Perhaps the present opportunities have not/will not be taken,but the future is what it is all about and under Gus Poyet,boy what a future!!

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Amen [MENTION=17359]Seagull on the wing[/MENTION] I thank you sir for understanding another old bastards stance

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Toupee ? You really know me so well.

Seriously chill out

Mate you seriously have no idea how chilled out I am ... no anger or angst here whatsoever (I never get angry) ... nothing against you... my decision has been well thought out but badly timed.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I am also not sure any poster on here is claiming they could do a better job than Gus. Only that on some occasions, Gus could do a better job than he does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here