Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why did you build your ground so small.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Whether you believe me or not is immaterial, you're probably riled by the fact it means there will be 2 less tickets available to the home fans for your cup final.

I was, personally, referring to the fact you knew who your old man was and this fellow had enough cash in the bank to be recognised as a 'top credit' man.

Does 'your old man' realise that the balance needs to be paid eventually - a continued minimum payment will not suffice in the end?

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
I was, personally, referring to the fact you knew who your old man was and this fellow had enough cash in the bank to be recognised as a 'top credit' man.

Does 'your old man' realise that the balance needs to be paid eventually - a continued minimum payment will not suffice in the end?

He actually got the card through his job, whilst money isn't an issue for us I'd be lying if I said he got the card through his general wealth.

And I can safely say yes, I do know my old man. I doubt he'd travel to see me in Colombia if he was not :cheers:

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
Absolute bollocks! The tickets haven't even been printed yet!

In the unlikely event that Amex provide your father (father? - do you know who he is?)
they will be in the 1901 club corporate seats, seats that are not available for general
sale, so you won't be denying an Albion fan.

There is also a very strict dress code in the 1901 club.

My Dad's got a ticket in the Brighton end already. He called up AMEX who he was a top credit card with and asked for tickets. They were surprised by the request as they hadn't been asked yet, one week ago they called back and offered him 2 tickets for the Palace game.

I won't tell you where he's sitting, but it's safe to say that there will definitely be 2 Palace fans in the Brighton end.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
there will be 2 less tickets available to the home fans for your cup final.

Every game will be a cup game given the teams in the league, you'll probably be 5th round rather than final though.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
so on the one hand this discussion is about how our ground is insufficient for the championship.

and on the other, our palace acquaintance churley, is suggesting that his wealthy Amex-waving businessman of a father has persuaded the internationally renown finance company sponsoring our stadium to provide him with 2 corporate tickets - presumably from the section this company has set aside to schmooze other corporates - at our eagerly awaited new ground, that's receiving coverage in the national papers. and has all executive facilities sold out. and season tickets.

yeah, i feel very inferior right now.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
:shrug:
I thinks it's clear the schools have all broken up for the summer.

Going by the time of his thread post time, his mother must have been changing his soiled sheets!

Have got any homework to do instead of trolling around on other clubs boards?

Palarse mugs eh?:shrug:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Insulting our ground? When you play ay Smellworst...our ground to yours is like comparing our brand new Ferrari with your clapped out wheelbarrow....end of!

YBOH

Banned
May 27, 2011
Sovereign Harbour
Whether you believe me or not is immaterial, you're probably riled by the fact it means there will be 2 less tickets available to the home fans for your cup final.

Not really. We've already played our cup final, v Eastbourne Borough. You wouldn't understand; it's a Sussex thing. And we won!

Funnily enough I think a lot of what is being said, about us having 1000's of "plastic" fans having bought season tickets for next season is probably true.

But, who knows, a bit like another team that hates Palace (there are many), Charlton, who had a stadium full of "Plastic" fans when they were in the Premier League, it could be that these "plastics" become real fans. Or not, I don't care. I know who I support.

Personally, I look forward to your certain relegation next season. Having already been victim of abuse by some of your "fans" (after the EB game) I cannot understand what games against you can add to our "Seagull Wonderland" matchday experience.

My view is that you should get no tickets. And, I can't think that any right minded Seagulls would want to travel to Smellhurst for a midwinter midweek away game either. It just isn't worth it. Away fans shouldn't be allowed at either of these fixtures.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
It was announced in the press / through club some time ago that Amex would have an entitlement of tickets for promotional / marketing reasons including card users and general employees. I understand this is as many as 50 pairs for each game (probably situated in East Stand near Away Fans). This is on top of any reservations they have in corporate area for Directors etc.

Family relative who works for Amex has just "won" one of these fifty pairs being offered for Spurs game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here