Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are we not allowed to tell the truth on here ?

boys29

Banned
Dec 30, 2009
We cant blame the refs poor decisions for the reason we were killed off ! we were again poor at this standard , how many shots on goal ? how many times did we create a chance ( not including saints defence mistakes ? how many times did we loose the ball , how many long balls went to nobody ? how many times did CMS touch the ball in the position he is meant to be ? ( not his fault ) ? i am fed up of hearing we have come a long way and think what Gus has done for us , its what happening now that matters not the past ( England 66 ) it all means nothing unless we do something , why are we not allowed to say how we feel without being victimized as jlc,s or whatever , its not good enough for this league at the moment , the tactics are wrong for now , we didnt even look like we would get any where near scoring from open play , we were proper out played by a class side who were strong and had vision , as we know this league has many teams like that so that doesn't bear well for us at all if we keep playing these tactics , we dont have the class players to play these tactics , we will go down playing these tactics , our management need to take stock of these past 3 days and there actions and look at themselves because as a fan i am not happy with what i have seen and heard ! as an Albion fan i am allowed to air my views , as in my past school reports " must do better " :annoyed:

bn18bloke

May 28, 2011
LA
Just got back, and I can't remember their goalie making one save in the first half, and we just didn't ever look like scoring, and something has to change otherwise we are going to have problems

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
I dont think or truth or a lie, its your opinion.
I think like most fans we are all so impatient, its our first season back in the championship, would a mid table finish this season be so bad?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
We could not have won the game as we did not have a shot on goal, so lets be satisfied with a mid table position which is decent being its our first season in the Championship.

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
The great start to the season made us think we were better than we are, equally though we are not as bad as we are currently playing, i can't help thinking that the remit for gus this season is don't go down.once again we created nothing not a sausage, Attempts on target again zero, disciplinary record is the worst in the league, 43 cards, 2 reds 41 yellows, if we come away from Southampton with a draw we would all be going job done,we are not going to win anything playing to draw and in our case not even doing that, when Southampton come to the amex in Jan,if we draw do you think the saints will go back to Southampton saying thats a great result? i think not

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
What on earth makes you think you're not allowed to tell the truth?

I think your issue is that you post an opinion and can't handle the posts/chatter you get back - which is another matter entirely! If NSC is anything - it is certainly a forum for free speech! (sometimes to its detriment!) :lol:

Man up - some people have been supporting BHA for a very long time, and will frankly be correct when they say that this is a mere blip on the landscape, and nothing to change management over. Its not hard to understand! But you seem to think its not a valid response.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It's not an either or situation is it.

Blaming the ref for the defeat would be foolish. Yes, he was spectacularly poor, never be allowed to ref again poor, he made one of the worst decisions you will ever see.
But if he hadn't, Southampton would have 99% likely won the game anyway. Whether it was 1-0 or another score. We've got real problems.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's not an either or situation is it.

Blaming the ref for the defeat would be foolish. Yes, he was spectacularly poor, never be allowed to ref again poor, he made one of the worst decisions you will ever see.
But if he hadn't, Southampton would have 99% likely won the game anyway. Whether it was 1-0 or another score. We've got real problems.

The penalties, although poor decisions, both occurred when we were already losing, and we didn't create a single chance, just as we did against Watford.

I still maintain that if we had Vicente, Buckley, El Abd, Hoskins, Reyes and Elphick available a bit more often it might give Gus a few more options. Not saying that all of these would play in all matches, but at present Gus is struggling to find something better than what is available to him.

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
I have been to 3 away games this season. Millwall, Southampton & Watford.
In all 3 games I have witnessed one shot on target & no more than a handful shots on goal.
I am getting fed up with our toothless performances.
We never looked like scoring today & after the first goal went in we fell to pieces.
Gus your golden halo has slipped.
Learn how to put out a team that has passion & muscle.
Your tippy tappy football is boring me now.
Having arranged my accommodation for the away game at Middlesborough if I have to watch such an inept performance as of late I'll personally open that Little Chef at Bolney for that appointment with Gus

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
The lack of attempts at goal is certainly worrying, as is a few of the players lack of effort and urgency ! Something's not quite right, but I'm not sure what, but I certainly hope Gus does........for all our sakes !

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The penalties, although poor decisions, both occurred when we were already losing, and we didn't create a single chance, just as we did against Watford.

I still maintain that if we had Vicente, Buckley, El Abd, Hoskins, Reyes and Elphick available a bit more often it might give Gus a few more options. Not saying that all of these would play in all matches, but at present Gus is struggling to find something better than what is available to him.
Agree on all counts. To say the ref cost us the game you need to ignore the last month or more of football.
Though in part it's a problem of Gus' own making with the injuries, I'm sure he knew we couldn't rely on Vicente to be fit every game, but his other signing for the same position Harley has not worked out so far. You have to hope there is more to come from him, and Billy Paynter.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I have been to 3 away games this season. Millwall, Southampton & Watford.
In all 3 games I have witnessed one shot on target & no more than a handful shots on goal.
I am getting fed up with our toothless performances.
We never looked like scoring today & after the first goal went in we fell to pieces.
Gus your golden halo has slipped.
Learn how to put out a team that has passion & muscle.
Your tippy tappy football is boring me now.
Having arranged my accommodation for the away game at Middlesborough if I have to watch such an inept performance as of late I'll personally open that Little Chef at Bolney for that appointment with Gus

Shame you didn't go to Pompey, Cardiff and Bristol then!

Today we were outplayed by the runaway leaders with Gus fielding a side shorn of key players through injury.

Gus isn't going to abandon his style of football (although the players did that on the pitch today) although, if only he read NSC then he'd see your post and I'm sure he'd change his mind......

Get some perspective, the wheel came off today (and as assistant manager, Tanno should know far better) but this was by far our most difficult game of the season, next Saturday it's Coventry, 3 more points and we're heading for mid Championship-table security at the end-of-season, what more could a long suffering Brighton supporter asks for? Promotion? Get real!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Shame you didn't go to Pompey, Cardiff and Bristol then!

Today we were outplayed by the runaway leaders with Gus fielding a side shorn of key players through injury.

Gus isn't going to abandon his style of football (although the players did that on the pitch today) although, if only he read NSC then he'd see your post and I'm sure he'd change his mind......

Get some perspective, the wheel came off today (and as assistant manager, Tanno should know far better) but this was by far our most difficult game of the season, next Saturday it's Coventry, 3 more points and we're heading for mid Championship-table security at the end-of-season, what more could a long suffering Brighton supporter asks for? Promotion? Get real!

Good post. There are far too many negative posts today, which is not surprising after a heavy loss but some fans need a sense of perspective.

Playing the league leaders with ten men for almost half the game and they did not manage one goal from open play during that time. Poor refereeing, two dodgy penalties and many of our best players out injured. If the first half had been replicated in the second most on here would have been very satisfied.
The moaners should congregate together at a pre-determined place, date and time so they have a group therapy session to deal with their negativity.

bn18bloke

May 28, 2011
LA
Playing the league leaders with ten men for almost half the game and they did not manage one goal from open play during that time. Poor refereeing, two dodgy penalties and many of our best players out injured. If the first half had been replicated in the second most on here would have been very satisfied.
The moaners should congregate together at a pre-determined place, date and time so they have a group therapy session to deal with their negativity.

what are you on about, we wouldn't have scored if we had been out there for a week, its not about moaning its about being concerned that it ain't right

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
what are you on about, we wouldn't have scored if we had been out there for a week, its not about moaning its about being concerned that it ain't right

Hmm..how many teams have beaten Southampton over the last 20 league games at home? Where are they in the league? Where have Southampton been for the majority of the last 30 years? It's fekin disappointing if u've been to away matches wen we've nt done well and u have my sympathies and everyone has a right to moan and groan ...but fek please a touch of realism ...the original poster said something about its not where we come from and quoted 1966...do me a favour we are talking about a club who nearly got relegated in 2009!!! Only this year something we can call a football ground in over ten years...so give it a rest and have some patience

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

So you think that with 11 players on the pitch and at 1-0 down we'd have stayed with a defence orientated setup? 0-0 at halftime and a tight game would have made us by far the happier dressing room at that point so job done in that respect. Letting the first goal slip obviously meant anything more than a draw looked very tough but it's ridiculous to assume that we would have created nothing when in fact a terrible refereeing decision killed the contest. There's every chance without that double whammy that we may have been able to nick something later on as we opened it a bit more. Likewise, Saints may have opened us up.

But the point is, it's crazy for people to talk about our lack of chances when we we played the crucial part of a game against the leaders a man down and handicapped by a second gift of a goal.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
why are we not allowed to say how we feel without being victimized

Truth is you are a dick. Ok we know that we are not playing well... it has become apparent there are weaknesses in the team. But it is impossible to solve these problems overnight. Have a bit of patience and let us be content to consolidate ourselves in the championship this year. Mid table will be fine.... when was the last time we achieved this? Then next year....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here