Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are we not allowed to tell the truth on here ?

Fran112

Jun 6, 2011
Waterlooville
Shame you didn't go to Pompey, Cardiff and Bristol then!

Today we were outplayed by the runaway leaders with Gus fielding a side shorn of key players through injury.

Sorry, I can't agree with that. Until the non penalty we were there, or there a bouts.
First half we stopped them playing their game ( only team to do that this season as stated by their manager )
But the worry for me is in too many games this season, I wonder, where is a goal coming from?

Having watched the football league show, every team looks like it may score a couple, but once again not us!

I am fairly happy with the defence but there is no urgency or thrust from the midfield to the strikers to cut through defences.

I say again, until the midfield get the ball deep into the opponents half with pace, where are the goals coming from.
If the ball is in the opponents third, we control the game and that takes all pressure of the defence!

Give us a goal !

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Shame you didn't go to Pompey, Cardiff and Bristol then!

Today we were outplayed by the runaway leaders with Gus fielding a side shorn of key players through injury.

Sorry, I can't agree with that. Until the non penalty we were there, or there a bouts.
First half we stopped them playing their game ( only team to do that this season as stated by their manager )
But the worry for me is in too many games this season, I wonder, where is a goal coming from?

Having watched the football league show, every team looks like it may score a couple, but once again not us!

I am fairly happy with the defence but there is no urgency or thrust from the midfield to the strikers to cut through defences.

I say again, until the midfield get the ball deep into the opponents half with pace, where are the goals coming from.
If the ball is in the opponents third, we control the game and that takes all pressure of the defence!

Give us a goal !

You had a goal in the previous game we played, against Barnsley; on fact you had 2!

Gus set the team up yesterday to largely contain, with some attacking threat. He'd (and would most of us realists) have been happy with a point from the game. Yes, some of the players were off the pace or their weaknesses exposed and may not be up to it in this league. Vicente, Reyes, Buckley & Hoskins would make a huge difference to the side

Last year things went for us even though we weren't always the best team (just think about some of our away performances in our 8 match winning run in March). This year it's different. Last year we had very few injuries, this year it's different.

It was one game away against the league leaders. Tony & Gus have embarked on a long term journey for the club and setbacks will happen. Leeds lost 0 - 5 last time they played at home but bounced back to win yesterday.

Stop worrying, relax, strap yourself in and enjoy the roller-coaster, when has supporting the Albion been any different!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
The great start to the season made us think we were better than we are, equally though we are not as bad as we are currently playing, i can't help thinking that the remit for gus this season is don't go down.once again we created nothing not a sausage, Attempts on target again zero, disciplinary record is the worst in the league, 43 cards, 2 reds 41 yellows, if we come away from Southampton with a draw we would all be going job done,we are not going to win anything playing to draw and in our case not even doing that, when Southampton come to the amex in Jan,if we draw do you think the saints will go back to Southampton saying thats a great result? i think not

Thats what Forest said when their passing game was put to the sword in the premiership, They were comprehensively relegated!!!!

Think before you type!

We could not have won the game as we did not have a shot on goal, so lets be satisfied with a mid table position which is decent being its our first season in the Championship.

Shampton obviously aren't settling for mid table. Why should Brighton?

Something wrong with our tactics imo, not so much about players. We have also been importing like crazy, which I don't think has helped.

We could not have won the game as we did not have a shot on goal, so lets be satisfied with a mid table position which is decent being its our first season in the Championship.

Shampton obviously aren't settling for mid table. Why should Brighton?

Something wrong with our tactics imo, not so much about players. We have also been importing like crazy, which I don't think has helped.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I have been to 3 away games this season. Millwall, Southampton & Watford.
In all 3 games I have witnessed one shot on target & no more than a handful shots on goal.
I am getting fed up with our toothless performances.
We never looked like scoring today & after the first goal went in we fell to pieces.
Gus your golden halo has slipped.
Learn how to put out a team that has passion & muscle.
Your tippy tappy football is boring me now.
Having arranged my accommodation for the away game at Middlesborough if I have to watch such an inept performance as of late I'll personally open that Little Chef at Bolney for that appointment with Gus

Well thank f*** Tony Bloom is in charge and not you, as I'm extremely happy with the way my wonderful football club is progressing, thank you very much.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have been to 3 away games this season. Millwall, Southampton & Watford.
In all 3 games I have witnessed one shot on target & no more than a handful shots on goal.
I am getting fed up with our toothless performances.
We never looked like scoring today & after the first goal went in we fell to pieces.
Gus your golden halo has slipped.
Learn how to put out a team that has passion & muscle.
Your tippy tappy football is boring me now.
Having arranged my accommodation for the away game at Middlesborough if I have to watch such an inept performance as of late I'll personally open that Little Chef at Bolney for that appointment with Gus

When u go to Boro...I hope u hav a nice time but...maybe consider not coming back? I' ll personally buy you a tent to live in

D

Deleted member 18477

How many more f***ing times!!!!

We f***ing OVERACHIEVED last season!!!

No one thought we were going up without playoffs at the start!

We lost bennett and Murray who were our best players last season. Most of our goals came from a Bennett assist or a Murray goal. Yes we signed CMS but he gets hardly any service ATM!

We are mid table in a f***ing hard league. with the exception of a couple of players most of our team is still just an alrite championship/good league 1 team! It takes a few years to build a strong championship team! Saints got relegated with one so that's why they are doing well now they are back in the championship!

Southampton UNDERACHIEVED last season - not that it mattered in the end. They should have walked the league last season! They are where they should be now (promotion candidates) And so are we!

f***!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
2 pens given that were not pens, and some think that had no bearing on the game.

I am sorry but I watched the game on the internet we were already one nil down and did not look as if we would score in any way.We cannot blame the ref for this defeat. We we got what we deserved and ,in fact, it could have been worse. I agree, both pens should not have been given,first one was outside the box and Calderon didn't touch Lambert. But Painter was holding players and grabbing shirts at virtually every corner. I agree with this thread starter. We have lost our way and if it continues like this it is going to be a long deprssing winter. The January transfer window will maybe put things right but only if TB is pepared to spend even more of his money and we sign the right players.

Last edited:

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
Thats what Forest said when their passing game was put to the sword in the premiership, They were comprehensively relegated!!!!

Think before you type!

I don't give a toss what forest said, did or didn't do, in my opinion we are better than the way we are currently playing and once we get a full fit squad that will show.

Just got back, and I can't remember their goalie making one save in the first half, and we just didn't ever look like scoring, and something has to change otherwise we are going to have problems
How about just accepting the facts that we have just been promoted, the team is still being built, it's a long-term ambition of the club to move forward, and the top half of this league is where we sit?

It is NOT A PROBLEM if we don't win the league this season.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The 1st post was spot on last 3 away games no shots on target

Yet Poyet is at pains to say we approach every game with the intention of winning it. Is that some sort of joke on his part, forget yesterday we did not even manage a shot on target against Watford. I have never in my lifetime ever seen a team win a game of football without scoreing a goal Gus!!!!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
1-0 down after 55mins to the best side in the division, scoring for fun, unbeaten at home with every chance we might nick something(we have before and won the games)then their number twelve stepped in from what Painter said on the player interview the linesman said it was not a pen but had flagged for a foul (debatable) discussion and the ref decides its a pen.
personally I think we are holding our own in a very good division and mid table closing on the play-offs would be about right.
lets get our so called injured players back and see how we go we did not play well but were in it up till the ref stepped in.
the ref had a stinker and should hold his head in shame ........diabolical

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The 1st post was spot on last 3 away games no shots on target

do you think this might have something to do with the top scorer sitting on the bench?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Playing the league leaders with ten men for almost half the game and they did not manage one goal from open play during that time. Poor refereeing, two dodgy penalties and many of our best players out injured. If the first half had been replicated in the second most on here would have been very satisfied.
The moaners should congregate together at a pre-determined place, date and time so they have a group therapy session to deal with their negativity.

The moaners? I don't think so, the realists speaking the truth and the apologists in denial and trying to glaze over what is actually happening on the pitch.

Nobody is saying Gus should go, he shouldn't, and has done fantastically up to a couple of months ago, but something just is not working now, whether that's the players, the system or the tactics is for the management to resolve, but stubbonly plowing on regardless with more or the same will result with more of the same results.

The 2 dodgy penalties did not change the winner today, it would have been Southampton anyway, we are creating f*** all for the attackers, there is no fluidity to our play, no link up or reading of the play between attack and midfield and too much playing the ball backwards, with teams who have sussed us out, allow us to do so and then play a high pressing game, forcing errors or long punts. Hopeful punts up field and are getting caught in possession is happening to regularly now, players off the ball are not reading the intentions of players on the ball very well. When is the last time we ever did anything from a corner?

I just hope Gus is not to stubborn or proud to realise that something is presently wrong and change it accordingly.

to me Paynter and Harley look inept, but maybe it the system or tactics? who knows, we are now just 5 points off Watford in 5th bottom, mid table is by no means a certainty, it not conceeding goals thats of most concern its that we are to often creating nothing. Possession football is good on the stats but without goals its meaningless. The club as a whole is massively on the up but the team/system or tactics is going backwards presently and that is a fact, not a moan.

Up the albion

Last edited:

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
The moaners? I don't think so, the realists speaking the truth and the apologists in denial and trying to glaze over what is actually happening on the pitch.

Nobody is saying Gus should go, he shouldn't, and has done fantastically up to a couple of months ago, but something just is not working now, whether that's the players, the system or the tactics is for the management to resolve, but stubbonly plowing on regardless with more or the same will result with more of the same results.

The 2 dodgy penalties did not change the winner today, it would have been Southampton anyway, we are creating f*** all for the attackers, there is no fluidity to our play, no link up or reading of the play between attack and midfield and too much playing the ball backwards, with teams who have sussed us out, allow us to do so and then play a high pressing game, forcing errors or long punts. Hopeful punts up field and are getting caught in possession is happening to regularly now, players off the ball are not reading the intentions of players on the ball very well. When is the last time we ever did anything from a corner?

I just hope Gus is not to stubborn or proud to realise that something is presently wrong and change it accordingly.

to me Paynter and Harley look inept, but maybe it the system or tactics? who knows, we are now just 5 points off Watford in 5th bottom, mid table is by no means a certainty, it not conceeding goals thats of most concern its that we are to often creating nothing. Possession football is good on the stats but without goals its meaningless. The club as a whole is massively on the up but the team/system or tactics is going backwards presently and that is a fact, not a moan.

Up the albion

If Gus doesn't change the way we play & results remain as dire, then come Christmas - Bus for Gus, out of Sussex please.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
1-0 down after 55mins to the best side in the division, scoring for fun, unbeaten at home with every chance we might nick something(we have before and won the games)then their number twelve stepped in from what Painter said on the player interview the linesman said it was not a pen but had flagged for a foul (debatable) discussion and the ref decides its a pen.
personally I think we are holding our own in a very good division and mid table closing on the play-offs would be about right.
lets get our so called injured players back and see how we go we did not play well but were in it up till the ref stepped in.
the ref had a stinker and should hold his head in shame ........diabolical
He definitely had a stinker with the two he gave, but he also had a stinker with the two he turned down.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I don't give a toss what forest said, did or didn't do, in my opinion we are better than the way we are currently playing and once we get a full fit squad that will show.

your argument is completely hypothetical and not not based on any factual evidence as all players have never been fit at the same time. im not saying you will be wrong but how can you say we are better when quite frankly, you have no idea!!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Good post. There are far too many negative posts today, which is not surprising after a heavy loss but some fans need a sense of perspective.

5 goals in 9 league games suggests it is more than just a short term issue imo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here