Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are we not allowed to tell the truth on here ?

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
your argument is completely hypothetical and not not based on any factual evidence as all players have never been fit at the same time. im not saying you will be wrong but how can you say we are better when quite frankly, you have no idea!!

Having watched every Albion game this season i hypothetically feel that they can play much better than the current form suggests, if they can return to the same level of form that they showed at the start of the season which will require some, most or all of the players returning from injury i hypothetically feel, in my opinion that they will play better than they currently are, current form is exactly what it says on the tin, current. In a nutshell equally though we are not as bad as we are currently playing in my in my opinion of course, if you care to prove otherwise im all ears.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
to me staying up is an achievement

then push for higher in the league over one or two years

too many on here expect to much

just sustain ourselves and build from here

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If Gus doesn't change the way we play & results remain as dire, then come Christmas - Bus for Gus, out of Sussex please.

Are you for real?

Results remain dire? We are currently in 11th. We have most of our key new signings injured. Our player of the season last season is still out injured.

I wish people like you would engage your brain before posting shit like the above.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I am sorry but I watched the game on the internet we were already one nil down and did not look as if we would score in any way.We cannot blame the ref for this defeat. We we got what we deserved and ,in fact, it could have been worse. I agree, both pens should not have been given,first one was outside the box and Calderon didn't touch Lambert. But Painter was holding players and grabbing shirts at virtually every corner. I agree with this thread starter. We have lost our way and if it continues like this it is going to be a long deprssing winter. The January transfer window will maybe put things right but only if TB is pepared to spend even more of his money and we sign the right players.

I watched it too, as soon as Soton scored, we went straight up the other end and had 2 shots blocked ( they were on target I think ). So no reason there couldn't have been more of that. We weren't given a chance after the pen that wasn't.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Having watched every Albion game this season i hypothetically feel that they can play much better than the current form suggests, if they can return to the same level of form that they showed at the start of the season which will require some, most or all of the players returning from injury i hypothetically feel, in my opinion that they will play better than they currently are, current form is exactly what it says on the tin, current. In a nutshell equally though we are not as bad as we are currently playing in my in my opinion of course, if you care to prove otherwise im all ears.

I agree. I am reading talk of staying up, relegation battles and Gus being sacked. We are 10 points above the relegation zone and 4 points off a play off place. Talk about glass half empty? It appears some have lost the glass.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Some people seem to have lost sight of the fact that back to back promotions are very much the exception rather than the norm. In the usual scheme of things, this season should be about a) getting to grips with a new division and b) addressing the issues that raises in Jan if necessary and building a clear idea of what needs to happen in the summer transfer target wise. The results from March onwards will give us a good idea whether the foundations are right for a promotion challenge next year, just as they did in Gus's 1st season and for the likes of Micky in his 1st spell in charge.

Most of the doom-mongering is laughable as it's based on the false premise that we should be promotion challengers from the off, despite having a mid-table budget and no success at this level for decades.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I have said it many times, bloody tippy-tappy football with below standard players is not the way forward. We need some bigger players - playing with fight - not little guys bitching all the time.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I have said it many times, bloody tippy-tappy football with below standard players is not the way forward. We need some bigger players - playing with fight - not little guys bitching all the time.

All the palace fans say that when they were nearly relegated 2 seasons ago on last day it was because George Burley persisted with tippy tappy and kept on losing.

Whatever the style or tactics are is for the management to decide, but I agree fully with the physical argument. Sol Bamba at Leicester was a man mountain and had CMS in his pocket, the saints players are also big strong lads who can both pass and play more direct and win headers knock downs.

We don't have the physical stature to do anything other than pass, we could do with a bit more muscle imho.

Whilst Gus is having a bad run of things, I trust Tony Bloom will do whats needed to either back Gus in January or work on resolving the current downturn in results. Bloom is an astute and savvy bloke and he won't sit there and hope for the best for his 115 million investment

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We cant blame the refs poor decisions for the reason we were killed off ! we were again poor at this standard , how many shots on goal ? how many times did we create a chance ( not including saints defence mistakes ? how many times did we loose the ball , how many long balls went to nobody ? how many times did CMS touch the ball in the position he is meant to be ? ( not his fault ) ? i am fed up of hearing we have come a long way and think what Gus has done for us , its what happening now that matters not the past ( England 66 ) it all means nothing unless we do something , why are we not allowed to say how we feel without being victimized as jlc,s or whatever , its not good enough for this league at the moment , the tactics are wrong for now , we didnt even look like we would get any where near scoring from open play , we were proper out played by a class side who were strong and had vision , as we know this league has many teams like that so that doesn't bear well for us at all if we keep playing these tactics , we dont have the class players to play these tactics , we will go down playing these tactics , our management need to take stock of these past 3 days and there actions and look at themselves because as a fan i am not happy with what i have seen and heard ! as an Albion fan i am allowed to air my views , as in my past school reports " must do better " :annoyed:

In the words of the great Roy Walker 'Say What You See'. Some folk will agree with you. Others won't. Or as Roy himself would say 'Its Good But Its Not Right'.

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
If we had not spent a penny during the summer then just plain old safety would have been ok, but spending near to 5 million I think one would have expected better than the form from the last 11 games. BUT lets wait and see till jan/feb before we hang, draw and quarter the management.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
7 points from the last 30 available.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

I cannot prove otherwise my friendn as there is no possible way of knowing whats going to happen. If i had to hazard a guess, then i would say if we had vicente,buckley and hoskins playing we would be more creative than we are now.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
We cant blame the refs poor decisions for the reason we were killed off ! we were again poor at this standard , how many shots on goal ? how many times did we create a chance ( not including saints defence mistakes ? how many times did we loose the ball , how many long balls went to nobody ? how many times did CMS touch the ball in the position he is meant to be ? ( not his fault ) ? i am fed up of hearing we have come a long way and think what Gus has done for us , its what happening now that matters not the past ( England 66 ) it all means nothing unless we do something , why are we not allowed to say how we feel without being victimized as jlc,s or whatever , its not good enough for this league at the moment , the tactics are wrong for now , we didnt even look like we would get any where near scoring from open play , we were proper out played by a class side who were strong and had vision , as we know this league has many teams like that so that doesn't bear well for us at all if we keep playing these tactics , we dont have the class players to play these tactics , we will go down playing these tactics , our management need to take stock of these past 3 days and there actions and look at themselves because as a fan i am not happy with what i have seen and heard ! as an Albion fan i am allowed to air my views , as in my past school reports " must do better " :annoyed:

I have just watched the Southampton game in full.... I cannot agree with your points. I thought we matched them closely until the penalty and sending off. Ok they were probably the better team.. at home and on a run. But we played ok. You are overreacting like a baby.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here