Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

whos you local nut case?

Mr Apples

Jack Scrumpy
Aug 9, 2007
In The Orchard
Does anyone remember the loon who used to stand by the roundabout outside the graveyard near Findon? Used to dress up like a 30's toff in boater and striped jacket etc, cigarette holder, white gloves, waving at the traffic.

Proper nut job but a certain style.

Sounds like the same bloke who used to stand outside the Red Lion in Shoreham

rothergull

Worthing ex pat
Jan 25, 2008
rotherham
Does anyone remember the loon who used to stand by the roundabout outside the graveyard near Findon? Used to dress up like a 30's toff in boater and striped jacket etc, cigarette holder, white gloves, waving at the traffic.

He used to come into the Thomas A Becket in Worthing,buy a half then parade outside distracting all the drivers at the crossroads ... nice bloke actually!

jamie1972

Mar 4, 2010
Mid Sussex
i grew up in HH, was her brother michael? used to play football with him and rod clarke, and a guy kev sparks. it was late 60's

Kev's my uncle. He's not a nutter though. Mind you he did tell me that a man called Hector lived in my nan's toilet and ate bogfish. Oh and he supports Spurs.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Bloke in Edwardian clothes at Findon/Worthing Pier/Shoreham/Offington roundabout/Thomas A Becket. That would be the ultimate sweary mary, Horace. A lovely bloke but by Jiminy did he used to eff and blind.

Great thread here about him

Strange Bloke on Roundabout - North Stand Chat

I worked alongside him one summer holiday when I was at college. It was the defunct Marylebone Optical company next to the Ham Pub (now a garage forecourt). A true eccentric.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
If you use the buses up and down Dyke Road, you'll have seen an old boy wearing a cowboy hat or sometimes an old London Transport bus conductor's cap. Also whatever the weather he'll have bright striped socks pulled up over his trousers to his knees.

Harmless nutter.

D

Deleted User X18H

If you use the buses up and down Dyke Road, you'll have seen an old boy wearing a cowboy hat or sometimes an old London Transport bus conductor's cap. Also whatever the weather he'll have bright striped socks pulled up over his trousers to his knees.

Harmless nutter.

Oi :angry::angry: Nutter indeed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We've got Jenny.

He's in his mid 50's, a big portly chap, unshaved with a bit of a comb over.
He always wears charity shop woman's clothes, his favourites being a full wedding dress and a full Welsh National Outfit (a la those crappy dolls dressed in black with an odd top hat).
His house is covered in pictures of woman predominately ripped pages from the underwear section of catalogues.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We've got Jenny.

He's in his mid 50's, a big portly chap, unshaved with a bit of a comb over.
He always wears charity shop woman's clothes, his favourites being a full wedding dress and a full Welsh National Outfit (a la those crappy dolls dressed in black with an odd top hat).
His house is covered in pictures of woman predominately ripped pages from the underwear section of catalogues.

Is he the guy who cycles up lewes rd ?

Tad worried that you know what the inside of his house looks like though there Mr stat :ohmy:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is he the guy who cycles up lewes rd ?

Tad worried that you know what the inside of his house looks like though there Mr stat :ohmy:
Nah, I'm over in the better half of Sussex, plus I'm occasionally his postie, and we HAVE to know these things.

Vic's Stick

Nov 18, 2009
Whatever happened to the old guy in the North Stand at the Goldstone?

He used to cycle to the matches with a large radio ,wrapped in a see through bag , tucked under his arm. He always had a baseball cap covered in badges and a beer ringpull clipped on his nose.

And don't say he became Dick Knight !

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Anyone remember witch woman walking around Brighton?used to scare the life out of me.
"WITCH WOMAN"

The Black Widow? I saw her on Thursday as it goes crossing West St.

Oddly she does not appear to have aged in the slightest and I have'nt seen her for years until then.

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
That was Horace. he actually used to lodge with a former work colleague and was infact totally normal - well until the boater went on !!!!

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston

I knew him as Burlington Bertie,always saw him at the Thomas a Becket lights on the way to the old Goldstone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here