Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

who's the best player you've ever seen play AGAINST brighton?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The Wookiee said:
Was that the game when we got crushed trying to get out ?

Honestly can't remember - I have the memory of a goldfish when it comes to stuff like that.:dunce:

Oct 25, 2003
rool said:
That was the game on or soon after 9/11 wasn't it. I remember Wicks backing off and virtually letting Svensson score. It was a strange atmosphere that evening.

i think it was on 9/11

kuipers was AMAZING that game

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Trevor Francis for Man city against us at Maine rd in about 81/82. we lost 4-0, he scored 2 and it was one of the best performances I had ever seen by a player. Steve foster had a tricky day.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I remember in the early 90s when we played Chelsea in an evening game and they were top,we lost 1-0 i think and Dave Beasant had an absolute blinder in goal for them.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Now im not sure if i am completely imagining this,but im sure when i was just a little boy i saw Peter Shilton at the Goldstone??

Obviously not at the peak of his career in those days,but a LEGEND of the highest order nonetheless.

Also Ray Wilkins,but he was shit.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Charlie Nicholas absolutely ran rings round us...mind you that was a friendly.

Steve McMahon was immense in the cup replay at the goldstone

The list however could go on and on....especially for those who are old enough to remember the top teams at the goldstone:p

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
junior said:
Now im not sure if i am completely imagining this,but im sure when i was just a little boy i saw Peter Shilton at the Goldstone??

Obviously not at the peak of his career in those days,but a LEGEND of the highest order nonetheless.

Also Ray Wilkins,but he was shit.

1985 FA cup 5th round v Southampton.

Tina,Tina,Tina,Tina,Tina,Tina!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Wolves team of a season or two back was pretty distinguished if memory serves (which it barely does). Seem to recall Kenny Miller, Paul Ince & the Korean lad out of the World Cup semi-final all in the team that visited withdean.

Jul 5, 2003
In our first season in Div 1 we played a game against Liverpool and Kenny Dalglish was awesome. In our time we have had players that have worked hard for 90 minutes but I have never seen a player cover so much ground. We lost 4-1 and were never in the game.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I would have to go with Dalglish as well. What a player. Mind you, why stop with Dalglish - you could go through that Liverpool side from the eighties - Hansen, Lawrenson, Rush, Molby, Souness, Whelan etc etc.

Gabbiadini played some blinders against us over the years. Dean Ashton was the most impressive player I have seen at Withdean.

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
At withdean Neville southall played a great game he was at Torquay ( if thats right ) and he kept us out all day and he was about 85 at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here