Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

who's the best player you've ever seen play AGAINST brighton?

Sep 20, 2005
I remember a pre-season friendly at the Goldstone against Spurs. They had a defender playing for them who absolutely ruled and we got nothing from him. He did it with such style and ease that it was impossible not to admire his class. His name was Sol Campbell.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
David Hurst scored a hatrick against us for Wednesday at the goldstone.Wednesday simply ripped us apart 4-0

JSD Albion

Jul 17, 2003
Burgess Hill
Gary McAllister played at Withdean - it must have been for Coventry. I don't think he left the centre circle unless it was to go to the dressing room but from there he passed us off the pitch.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Gary McSheffrey springs to mind.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Wasn,t a league game, but a testimonial. Paul Gascoine.........didn,t do a lot for half the game.....then the North Stand started singing "You fat Bastard" and "who eat all the pies". He pretended to cry.....(very funny), then just mesmerised the Albion defence for the next 10 minutes, and scored two goals. A class act.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
blueandwhitearmy said:
Glen Little and Seol Ki-Hyeon are up there for me.

Seol Ki-Hyeon ..... dog eating ****

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Kenny Dalglish at Anfield in 1982 (I think). He turned Fozzie for fun, and we lost 3-1, but it could have been far worse.

Pace, vision, strength, funny accent, he had the lot.

D

Deleted User X18H

I remember a Fa cup 6 th round in 1986 I believe we beat hull in 1985 then lost to Barnsley...........:(

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
mendoza10 said:
maybe not the best player, but one that really annoys me when he plays against us, cause he always scores no matter who he is playing for

we got to play against him again in a couple of weeks

its Paul Shaw, now of Cheaterfield

Again by no means the best player but another one of those is Ade Akinbiyi but then I suppose it is the law you must score against a club you have played for!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ian Rush, when he scored twice agaist us in the FA Cup at the Goldstone. Really sharp.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
hove born&bred said:
When was this match played

My mistake, it was 1986 and the 6th round!
08-03-1986 Sat. FAC R6 (h) L 0-2 0-2 - 25069 Southampton

:blush:

I remember it kicking off outside the northstand after the game then all along Newtown road.

One of my first encounters of violence at football :eek:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
El Presidente said:
Kenny Dalglish at Anfield in 1982 (I think). He turned Fozzie for fun, and we lost 3-1, but it could have been far worse.

Pace, vision, strength, funny accent, he had the lot.
i went to that game and if my memory serves me correct we were one nil up at half time!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
blueandwhitearmy said:
Seol Ki-Hyeon

I saw him when we played wolves at Molinuex a couple of years ago, he ran the midfield that day and i thaught he was a bit special then.

The best player to play at the Withers has to be TARIBO WEST for Plymouth.

He was crap that day (I remember Jakey leaving him on his arse a number of times) but he was, in his day, surley the best player.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Two spring to mind.

Ian Rush who was the complete centre forward and we couldnt get near to him.

Fatty Quinn for Pompey who Foster, I think it was, had him in his pocket from start to finish of the game except on three occassions, and Quinn scored on each of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here