Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

who's the best player you've ever seen play AGAINST brighton?

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
best individual performance was jan molby for liverpool in 1991.
we drew 2-2 at anfield and bought them back to the goldstone.
i think we went one down very early then scored twice to take the lead. molby then came on and completely stole the show and the scousers won 3-2. john barnes played in tights that night.

does anyone else remember that night?

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
I remember seeing Peter Barnes at the Goldstone may have been 1980, sometime around then anyway. He cut us up whenever he was on the ball. His only mistake was to ever pass it to one of the plonkers that made up the rest of West Brom at the time.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
wigman said:
best individual performance was jan molby for liverpool in 1991.

have to agree with that ...he might have been a fat bastard but there havent been many who could control the game and pass the ball like he could

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
robbie keane in the cup the other year.

we were on their nuts til his goal which was top class.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The Large One said:
Arnold Muhren. By quite a distance.

Since being at Withdean, I would say a kiddie who was on loan to Northampton (I think) called Matthew Clare in about 2000. He ran our defence stupid.

That was darryl clare of crawley fame, and yes he did run rings around us that game, was on loan from Grimbsby!!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
pasty said:
Honestly can't remember - I have the memory of a goldfish when it comes to stuff like that.:dunce:

Can remember that game was towards the tail end of the 90/91 playoff season, it was 1 nil to pompey John Beresford scored against us, but we ran rings around them and there was a massive crush because they only had 1 gate open to let us out at the end, was only 8 or 9 at the time.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
pishhead said:
Can remember that game was towards the tail end of the 90/91 playoff season, it was 1 nil to pompey John Beresford scored against us, but we ran rings around them and there was a massive crush because they only had 1 gate open to let us out at the end, was only 8 or 9 at the time.

Cant remember the result but I do remember the crush. They opened a pitch side gate for us to get out of in the end I think - it was an evening kick off and the season after Hillsboro if my memory serves me right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here