Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's Next to Sign..............?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Rumour that his move to another English club has not materialised. Not sure why. Possibly because it is the holiday season, his agent overates him or because he is not the first choice on the list. Albion must be in with a reckoning even though left-sided attacking players are not a priority. I think we need an understudy to Vicente.

I thought that. I think he could do very well for us but I'm pretty sure his agent is David Seligman and he indicated that Assulin was planning to "return to his comfort zone"

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Not sure if this point has been made already but...

"Two more signings are on the way designed to help persuade the Spanish star to sign a new contract after the Seagulls launched their summer strengthening by landing former Manchester United keeper Tomasz Kuszczak.

Poyet, asked if the arrival of Polish international Kuszczak will make a difference to Vicente, said: "I think so and also we are very close to another two signings that will help him as well."

Does this not imply that these two players are quite high profile?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Based on his couple of touches and his pace so far against the Germans I would take Gekas as a signing right now - bit of baggage but a free agent. Scores goals consistently and anyone who can set Samaras up for a goal that even he couldn't miss has to be worth looking at :)

We need someone who can bully defences at this level (last season Saints had Lambert: Hammers had Nolan: Reading had Roberts - not always the top scorer but all the difference between being thereabouts and going up IMO)

Last edited:

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Thought i would just try and sum up all the possible/unlikely candidates to sign next>>>>

1. Gekas the Greek
2. Vicente
3. sammi Amoebi
4. Gardener
5. Guerra
6. Spanish no.2
7. Henderson
8. Mceachran
9. Lukaku
10. Shorey
11.Kacaniklic
12.Miquel
13. Heskey :moo:
14. Owen :moo:
15. Trotter
16. Delph
17. Judge
18. Church
19. Cox

anyone for any more?? did i miss any??

Last edited:

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Thought i would just try and sum up all the possible/unlikely candidates to sign next>>>>

1. Gekas the Greek
2. Vicente
3. sammi Amoebi
4. Gardener
5. Guerra
6. Spanish no.2
7. Henderson
8. Mceachran
9. Lukaku
10. Shorey
11.Kacaniklic
12.Miquel

Something tells me we will see another La Liga signing. Particularly if certain players will sway Vicente. This pre season has got very exciting very quickly

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I'm sure we will have a couple of triallists when the squad report back. Anyone able to make it up to the training ground for a spying mission!?

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London

1. Gekas the Greek
2. Vicente
3. sammi Amoebi
4. Gardener
5. Guerra
6. Spanish no.2
7. Henderson
8. Mceachran
9. Lukaku
10. Shorey
11.Kacaniklic
12.Miquel

Trotter and Delph also mentioned

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

1. Gekas the Greek
2. Vicente
3. sammi Amoebi
4. Gardener
5. Guerra
6. Spanish no.2
7. Henderson
8. Mceachran
9. Lukaku
10. Shorey
11.Kacaniklic
12.Miquel
15. Trotter
16. Delph

Do we reckon that our two signings in the next couple of days (as promised last week) will be from that list or will they be completely random players who we haven't heard about? From what Gus was saying you would think they are a class above what we have already so might not be on that list. Could be an exciting couple of weeks with players coming in and Vicente hopefully confirming he is staying.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Do we reckon that our two signings in the next couple of days (as promised last week) will be from that list or will they be completely random players who we haven't heard about? From what Gus was saying you would think they are a class above what we have already so might not be on that list. Could be an exciting couple of weeks with players coming in and Vicente hopefully confirming he is staying.

i frankly have no idea but there have been one or two cryptic hints from some 'allegedly' ITK posters about the spanish connection and so i am choosing to believe (just wishful thinking really) that at least one will be from Spain

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
i frankly have no idea but there have been one or two cryptic hints from some 'allegedly' ITK posters about the spanish connection and so i am choosing to believe (just wishful thinking really) that at least one will be from Spain

I know it is impossible to guess who is really in the know but I am quite excited about who they will be. If they are of a similar quality to Kuszczak, I will be happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here