Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's going to watch the FA Cup final?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I don't care who wins as long as we get a nice close up of the f***ing bell ringing knob piece tosspot crying into his tatooed hands at the end!

pics anyone?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
And i agree with the comment about that stupid "Play up Pompey" Bollocks

Play up? up where? stupid sailor loving brick throwing paedo bashing...

CAAAAANNNNTTTSSSS!!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
One of the first times I ever saw football violence was when Pompey came to the goldstone for a league cup tie in about 69/70. It was unbelievable in the bus station down under the bridge.
I was only 8 or 9 but still remember it so well.
Fratton was a horrible place to go in the early seventies as you could walk from the Fratton home end to the away end without hindrance.
1976 is still vivid in my mind as David Kemp scored their goal that beat us 1-0 before 35 thousand on Boxing day.
We have never been big rivals with them. Bournemouth was a bigger rivalry.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...but we share a loathing of Southampton, them because they are near neighbours and us because of an alleged match fixed with Spurs to deny us promotion to Division one.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
One of the first times I ever saw football violence was when Pompey came to the goldstone for a league cup tie in about 69/70. It was unbelievable in the bus station down under the bridge.
I was only 8 or 9 but still remember it so well.
Fratton was a horrible place to go in the early seventies as you could walk from the Fratton home end to the away end without hindrance.
1976 is still vivid in my mind as David Kemp scored their goal that beat us 1-0 before 35 thousand on Boxing day.
We have never been big rivals with them. Bournemouth was a bigger rivalry.
If I remember we missed a penalty in that game at 0-0 as well? Or was it a year or two later?

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I shall be watching it and I haven't watched it for years. Typical NSC: we get thread after thread on here slagging off the Premiership and the big four - and then when two 'non-Sky' clubs get to the final everyone's STILL moaning. Apparently Portsmouth and Cardiff are the 'wrong sort of small club' - mainly because their fans aren't to everyone's taste.

Well personally I'm really pleased that two 'proper' clubs with proper, local fanbases are in the FA Cup as opposed to Chelsnal or Liverchester. They're going to have a great day out and good luck to them.

What he said. Apart from Liverpool v. West Ham, how many of the recent finals, all of which have included at least one of the 'big' boys, have been any good? We get excruciatingly dull finals year after year, then when we finally get one which may be an open game, which will include two clubs to whom the occasion actually bloody means something, and people are bored by the prospect? I just don't get that at all.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
What he said. Apart from Liverpool v. West Ham, how many of the recent finals, all of which have included at least one of the 'big' boys, have been any good? We get excruciatingly dull finals year after year, then when we finally get one which may be an open game, which will include two clubs to whom the occasion actually bloody means something, and people are bored by the prospect? I just don't get that at all.

What you said as well! And it was West Ham who made that final exciting.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm watching

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm really looking forward to it. Don't mind who wins. It's so refreshing not to have a big 4 club in it! Best FA Cup in years for me. Loved it this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here