Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's going to watch the FA Cup final?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Much as I dislike both teams playing I think it's great that none of the BIG clubs got through. Pompey have to be favourites but there is definitely the chance of an upset. I'll probably watch but will give up at half time if it's a crap game, if not I'll be glued to my seat hoping for a Cardiff win, then again I may decide to mow the lawn weather permitting.

Not bothered tbh :shrug:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Only if I can't find some wet paint to watch.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Funnily enough, I was thinking exactly the same thing on the way in to work this morning, Gavan.

Personally, the answer is no. In fact, for the FAC Final to hold any interest at all to me, one of the following needs to happen:

a) The Albion get there OR
b) Give a Champions League spot to the winners. At the moment, it means f*** all to anyone.

Failing either of those, I guess there's a chance I may have a passing interest if a proper minnow plays a proper big club, but even then... :shrug:

Shit competition these days. Ruined by the FA.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Ah, nostalgia, it's not what it used to be. Some Cup Finals have been good; some great; some just plain dull (1982 Spurs v QPR anyone!) At least this year's does not feature the 'Big 4'.The main problem is that there is just too much live football on television - time was when the FA Cup Final was just about the only club match shown live on tv. Bring back those days, I say.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I`m looking forward to it immensly. Myself and 7 or 8 friends will put turn the volume up full blast all sing Abide With Me, remenice about 83 and then go and get pissed in my garden around the barbie leaving one of us on guard in the lounge just in case something happens.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I'll be watching it, i'm almost glad that its going to be a bit shitty weather-wise tomorrow so that I can feel justified sitting in front of the telly for a few hours. And the fact that its 2 unusual teams, I just hope they both go out to win as opposed to the usual dirge of desperately trying not to concede whilst hoping to nick a goal..

Stumpy Tim

I hate both teams, so not a chance. Probably my most hated team (Pompey) against my third most hated team. Only Pompey V Palace could be worse.

The FA Cup isn't what it once was. The introduction of Penalty shoot-outs was the first step to devaluing it as a competition. I remember the season when Arsenal only lost 1 game all season, they played Leeds in the Quarters (I think) & there were 3 replays I think - fantastic entertainment it was. But the FA stepped in and took away such battles. Twats

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I shall be watching it and I haven't watched it for years. Typical NSC: we get thread after thread on here slagging off the Premiership and the big four - and then when two 'non-Sky' clubs get to the final everyone's STILL moaning. Apparently Portsmouth and Cardiff are the 'wrong sort of small club' - mainly because their fans aren't to everyone's taste.

Well personally I'm really pleased that two 'proper' clubs with proper, local fanbases are in the FA Cup as opposed to Chelsnal or Liverchester. They're going to have a great day out and good luck to them.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
of course i will be - looking forward to it

fowler-earner.jpg

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I shall be watching it and I haven't watched it for years. Typical NSC: we get thread after thread on here slagging off the Premiership and the big four - and then when two 'non-Sky' clubs get to the final everyone's STILL moaning. Apparently Portsmouth and Cardiff are the 'wrong sort of small club' - mainly because their fans aren't to everyone's taste.

Well personally I'm really pleased that two 'proper' clubs with proper, local fanbases are in the FA Cup as opposed to Chelsnal or Liverchester. They're going to have a great day out and good luck to them.

100% agree. This is actually be the first one I am looking forward to watching for a number of years.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Typical NSC: we get thread after thread on here slagging off the Premiership and the big four - and then when two 'non-Sky' clubs get to the final everyone's STILL moaning. Apparently Portsmouth and Cardiff are the 'wrong sort of small club' - mainly because their fans aren't to everyone's taste.
Oh FFS wind your neck in. Typical NSC my arse! Some people are bored with the big teams monopolising everything, other people don't like Pompey and Cardiff, and for some of us the two aren't even mutually exclusive. So f***ing what? it's a message board. The only thing that is "typical NSC" is that it is a typical message board with different people offering differing opinions.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The FA Cup isn't what it once was. The introduction of Penalty shoot-outs was the first step to devaluing it as a competition. I remember the season when Arsenal only lost 1 game all season, they played Leeds in the Quarters (I think) & there were 3 replays I think - fantastic entertainment it was. But the FA stepped in and took away such battles. Twats

Tis true I can remember listening (when football was played at 3pm on a Saturday and midweek matches were live on Radio 2) to some great games, Liverpool v Arsenal went to three games I believe (maybe it the same as you were thinking).

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I honestly don't know if I can be bothered this year.

The FA Cup - RIP.

Oh yes because (with the exception of Liverpool / West Ham final) the last 5 years of all premiership finals have been cracking haven't they?

This years final is much more interesting than Chelsea / Man Utd etc etc. Pompey attack and Cardiff are going to go all guns blazing, lets face it they aren't likely to get to another final soon are they?

Fine ale and a curry as is the normal tradition for the cup final :drool:

Stumpy Tim

Tis true I can remember listening (when football was played at 3pm on a Saturday and midweek matches were live on Radio 2) to some great games, Liverpool v Arsenal went to three games I believe (maybe it the same as you were thinking).

It was definitely Leeds. I remember Anders Limpar scoring a blinding equaliser at Elland Road 2 minutes after Leeds has taken the lead

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Myself .................i am in an awkward position. My partner and her son will be there supporting the scu....................sorry Pimpey, and as some will know my dislike for them is only overshadowed by my hatred for Palace. I want them to have a great day out......but boy do i want Cardiff to win, i am in a no-win situation, wish they could draw and lose the replay:cry:

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I want pompey to win. I'm too young to recall any south coast rivalry, in my albion lifetime we have been much closer to Cardiff in the league and I have a few memories of games at Withdean against them, particularly that twat Leo Fortune-West squaring up to young albion subs on the touchline which got the crowd going.

I like the way pompey play, I think they have the most underrated playe in the premiership in Kranjcar and I'm looking forward to seeing them if they do provide the opposition for OGH testimonial.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here