Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you want to replace Poyet if he leaves?

D

Deleted member 2719

This is not the time to be recruiting. If Forest feel Alex McLeish is the best man out there that tells you all you need to know. Personally, I always hoped we'd get Roberto Martinez if Wigan ever went down, but that doesn't look like happening. It might be worth keeping an eye on the Paul Lambert situation....
I would agree Martinez and Lambert would suit our current squad for a quick and smooth transition if TB decides Poyet is not all that.

wokingseagull

Jul 21, 2009
gus_hunnybun.jpg

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
People are going to think i'm mad(whats new) but with the players we have in the squad atm, with the addition of another striker. Keegan would be a good appointment. Just look at the attacking players we have, but are not used in the right formation. Great man motivator, which clearly Poyet is not and gives players the confidence to go out and play. Today was nothing short of appaling and it's getting worse by the week...Something is very very wrong, just one look at the body language of the players tells you that. Poyet is not going to get this back and I don't think giving him even more money to spend is the answer, when Poyet is the problem.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
People are going to think i'm mad(whats new) but with the players we have in the squad atm, with the addition of another striker. Keegan would be a good appointment. Just look at the attacking players we have, but are not used in the right formation. Great man motivator, which clearly Poyet is not and gives players the confidence to go out and play. Today was nothing short of appaling and it's getting worse by the week...Something is very very wrong, just one look at the body language of the players tells you that. Poyet is not going to get this back and I don't think giving him even more money to spend is the answer, when Poyet is the problem.

Good shout, and if it went all tits up at least it would be Entertaining....

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Thing about Keegan is that he has an incredible track record of getting promotion by being champions in his first full season with every Football League side he has managed. OK, people may have doubts about his tactical know how at the highest levels of the game, but he has consistent turned up trumps in the second to fourth tier.

patcham seagulls

Jul 9, 2003
patcham
Be realistic, and forget anyone currently receiving premiership wages.

Sean o'driscall would be a very good long term appointment.

Still feel Danny Wilson may end up returning one day!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This thread is another reason why Poyet should be given more time. There literally is nobody realistic who is available. We need to stand by Poyet.

As for people seriously suggesting Keegan, are you joking? He has been out of football for a number of years for a reason. I wouldn't want any of the names mentioned in this thread except for Di Matteo (who is not going to drop down to our level having won the Champions League only 6 months ago).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here