Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you want to replace Poyet if he leaves?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
This thread is another reason why Poyet should be given more time. There literally is nobody realistic who is available. We need to stand by Poyet.

As for people seriously suggesting Keegan, are you joking? He has been out of football for a number of years for a reason. I wouldn't want any of the names mentioned in this thread except for Di Matteo (who is not going to drop down to our level having won the Champions League only 6 months ago).

Keegan was completely out of the game for eight years when he took over Newcastle in the 1990s, saved them from relegation and built them into second tier champions. He also won promotion to the Premier League with Manchester City. In other words, he's won promotion to the top flight more times as an individual manager than Brighton have as a club in its entire history. How is he not qualified to take over if Poyet was to leave? He'd certainly be able to unlock the potential of our attacking players.

The reason he left Newcastle last time was because he was being made to sign a player completely against his wishes, and that Newcastle violated his employment history.

Last edited:

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
People are going to think i'm mad(whats new) but with the players we have in the squad atm, with the addition of another striker. Keegan would be a good appointment. Just look at the attacking players we have, but are not used in the right formation. Great man motivator, which clearly Poyet is not and gives players the confidence to go out and play. Today was nothing short of appaling and it's getting worse by the week...Something is very very wrong, just one look at the body language of the players tells you that. Poyet is not going to get this back and I don't think giving him even more money to spend is the answer, when Poyet is the problem.

I absolutely agree with this , Poyet sadly has run out of ideas , the body language of the players is very important and all I got last night was the feeling of confusion , no ideas and most importantly no belief . Poyet sat on that bench slouched back for most the game while HIS TEAM floundered , his subs were pointless and at the wrong times leading to more confusion in the team .
Keenan would keep the buzz going and keep the crowds up and he would certainly get us goals

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Poyet

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
The only man I would consider if Gus goes

Ole+Gunnar+Solskj%u0025C3%A6r+Man+United+Reserve+team+manager.jpg

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I don't want Gus to leave, but if he did then I would like Zola. His team plays football how I like to watch it.

Why on earth would Zola leave Watford for us? Much much better team (based on yesterday) and realistic prospect of Premier League,

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Keegan .. with his first game against Newcastle!!

He has said that he wants to return to football management. He would just love it at the Amex.

That would be amazing. It wouldn't be the first time he surprised the football world by joining a south coast club with bags of potential.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Gus has just quit the Albion...

For the Gus out brigade, so say you get your wish and he leaves...

Who do you bring in now to replace him, off we go....

I and many others I am sure will read with much interest on the possible better replacements you will now name below....

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
For the Gus out brigade, so say you get your wish and he leaves...

Who do you bring in now to replace him, off we go....

I and many others I am sure will read with much interest on the possible better replacements you will now name below....

Kevin Keegan ...... Been there done and it at this level , will get instant respect in changing room , will attract players and will get the most out of attacking players we have

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I haven't seen many people on here saying they want 'Gus Out'? I know there's one or two but I can only see the 'moaners' as you put it, asking for Gus to make big changes. Myself included.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Ray Wilkins please... after his excellent performance on Sky yesterday, he would seem the ideal candidate.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We could actually do with Wilkins and Hoddle in midfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here