Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you want in if McGhee got sacked?

E

enigma

Richie Morris said:
Burley would be great but I would settle for him going to Cov and us getting Adams back.

That's because you're a plum. Adams is nowhere near as good a manager as Burley.

mattieoo

Nov 17, 2005
in the cold
jose mouriniho (the special one) or dean white apparently he is brilliant

E

enigma

Uncle Buck said:
Why is it if Richie Morris puts anything on here you people think it is some reason to call him a plum.

I was starting to enjoy talking about the merits of Burley et al, but then you have to go to the name calling...

Well, apologies for that. I was merely following procedure :jester:

Back to the point, Adams is no way better than Burley. And what were you going to say before that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
enigma said:
Well, apologies for that. I was merely following procedure :jester:

Back to the point, Adams is no way better than Burley. And what were you going to say before that?

Adams has a lot more promotions than Burely and they both have one relegation from the Premiership behind them.

However I would not want Adams back here, mainly as it never works out when they come back and also as if it goes wrong he will be viewed in a pooer light.

However for the moment all this is irrelevant, as McGhee seems to be untouchable and at times beyond criticism.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:

However for the moment all this is irrelevant, as McGhee seems to be untouchable and at times beyond criticism.

As were Adams, Taylor and Coppell but they all walked McGhee hasn't . He has also achieved more than any of the others having taken us higher and kept us there. Perhaps you were expecting another promotion this year :jester:

E

enigma

Uncle Buck said:
Adams has a lot more promotions than Burely and they both have one relegation from the Premiership behind them.

However I would not want Adams back here, mainly as it never works out when they come back and also as if it goes wrong he will be viewed in a pooer light.

I think Adams is a bit of a lower division manager, bit of a long ball merchant at the top level, although I seem to remember we played some decent stuff. He also seems to fall out with people, like at Leicester.

Burley's teams play the proper way, although Ipswich were poor at the back.

In terms of comparing the two, I think Burley has achieved more than Adams. His UEFA cup spot with Ipsiwch and his play off place with Derby are bigger achievments than what Burley achieved, although in fainess Micky got Leicester up automatically, whereas Burlet always failed at the play offs.

If you look at Burleys record with the Ipswich and Derby kids as well, I think that is major factor.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
As were Adams, Taylor and Coppell but they all walked McGhee hasn't . He has also achieved more than any of the others having taken us higher and kept us there. Perhaps you were expecting another promotion this year :jester:

That is correct, I was expecting another promotion this year, simply as there are about 8 grounds in the Premiership I need to do, so need us to go up.

I am fully aware that the best we can hope for is staying in this league until Falmer, unless Santa leaves a bundle of money in Uncle Dick's stocking.

However the fact remains we have won 6 games in 2005 and that is not good enough. This is probably the first time since McGhee has been here when he can claim that it is his team rather than the odds and sods of a previous manager and yet it seems to be going backwards. Now it was unfortunate that we lost 2 of our better players in the summer, but the lack of progress in sorting out the left back is questionable. It was likely Harding was going to walk, so either one of Jones or Watson was retained on a short term contract as cover for Mayo or some of the windfall money was used to get a left back in. Instead McGhee used the money on 2 more strikers, both of whom struggle to work out which is the barn door, let alone hit it.

At present we are not adrift at the bottom of the division, but by the Watford game we could be and at present we do not look organised to get a result, all of which is worrying.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
WTF have EUFA and the premiership got to do with us ?

What we need is a manager who is proven to be able to keep a very small, inexperienced squad in the championship with very little money .............................................

Oh and play some attractive football as well

Nope - can't think of anyone :dunce:

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He has also had some NIGHTMARES in the transfer market and spent what little money we have in the wrong areas. I would say that shows he is NOT good at handling the budget of a small club or at very least not as apt as many on here would suggest.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
6 wins in a year isn't great. It's McGhee's side and he has had money to spend and time to shape his squad.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I misunderstood Richie, i thought that as far as being proven to be able to keep a very small, inexperienced squad in the championship with very little money and play some attractive football as well Magoo has a current record of two years of constantly meeting his objectives. ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:

At present we are not adrift at the bottom of the division, but by the Watford game we could be and at present we do not look organised to get a result, all of which is worrying.

Agreed, but I have seen enough to believe that we are moving in the right direction. Frutos and Carole have exceeded expectations. CKR has yet to prove himself and El Turi, well I must confess to being mystified about. Henderson could yet come here. Theoretically a competant LB and a combatative forward, possibly to your shock horror McCammon is the bare minimum we need. If we can stay in touch until January I think McGhee's transfer window tinkering will see us safe.

The quality of football has improved, results will follow I am sure.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Burley absolutely, but there is no way he'd come to us
Neale Cooper did a good job at Hartlepool, unlucky at Gills
Tillson the Southend manager might be open to an offer a division above - another potential rising star

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here