Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you rather present the SCR Phone-In?

Who would you rather present the SCR Phone-In?

• Harty

Votes: 86 77.5%
  • A Club Lap Dog

Votes: 25 22.5%

• Total voters

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Very true why not have all the waffle and, results of the league and non league interviews etc until 5.45 then the phone in until 6.30pm

Because SCR are looking to fill in the dead space between the football and their regular programming, Dave Cash, which resumes at 6.00pm.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Very true why not have all the waffle and, results of the league and non league interviews etc until 5.45 then the phone in until 6.30pm

Great idea except I think the listening figures for the non league bit would take a massive hit for while there are a lot of Albion supporters who don't attend a match but like to listen on the radio to Albion commentary and chat they would not keep tuned for non league stuff and then would not switch on for a later Albion bit.
According to reports I have read BBC SCR has seen a big drop in listening figures in the last year or so and I think the phone in is one of the few progs that still attracts a reasonable audience for a Saturday afternoon.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Believe me, living here in Essex and listening to the dross on the local radio phone in after Saafend , Colchester or Billericay have played you would be on your knees praying for Harty.

He is very quick witted and knows just about everything Albion, the only criticism I have is that he hasn't had me on often enough, oh that and he gives too much airtime explaining himself after some knobber comes on to have a pop at him. Were it me I would just tell them to eff off if they don't like it and listen to "Brightons Juice" or whatever it is.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
harte_shot.jpg

Ian Harte

I think Ian does a reasonable job that is not easy to do.

I like to listen to the phone in particularly for the managers/players comments but sometimes he doesn't actually let a caller say everything they want and jumps in too soon to steer them in his own direction which is sometimes counter productive.

He needs to be very conscious of not abusing his position and needs to keep a careful balance over his own views but make sure that the 'drivelers' are cut short asap.

As for 'helpers' on the show I think JB is excellent but I am not a fan of DTG who I think is irrelevant and amateur.

I think it is important the show keeps going with Harty at the helm and I'm sure he will improve much like our own team.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
[
As for 'helpers' on the show I think JB is excellent but I am not a fan of DTG who I think is irrelevant and amateur.

I.[/QUOTE]

I thought DTG 's contribution on Saturday both pre and post match was excellent

Mar 10, 2006
On of the biggest problems as I see it is the timing of the phone in. It kicks off immediately after the game when the majority of people still haven't got out of the ground let alone got on the Park and Ride and back to their car by which time all the people with nothing constructive to say because they've been sitting at home have got on the phone and set the agenda. By the time you've got the gist of what's going on it's about 5.40 and people who've been at the match can't really contribute that much.

Just like to make it clear that I'm not knocking Harty and I hope that he carries on doing the show for a long time to come.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cheers mate...I love you too

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
London Irish ought to present it. I've always been a fan of his brevity and good-naturedness. Never once has he belittled or bullied anyone, he always answers the points made and never ducks awkward questions.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I very rarely listen to the programme as I am usually in the pub, but when i do it's OK. The presenters are fans first and foremost, and their hart (pardon the pun) is in the right place.

Well done one and all who are involved.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Ian Hart is the best, he is a real fan and that's what you need. Simon Levinson is a good bloke but not a Harty.
It would be good idea to have more guests on the show, such as NSC board members invited on the show to co-host with Harty and ex players of interest would be good too. I would love to have George Berry co-host with Harty.
:albion2::albion2::albion2:

Jul 20, 2003
"Hello and welcome to the phone in. Just had a piss next to Gordon Strachan and I now know why he's so angry all the time. I must introduce him to Michael Atherton and then he might calm down a bit"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here