Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you rather present the SCR Phone-In?

Who would you rather present the SCR Phone-In?

• Harty

Votes: 86 77.5%
  • A Club Lap Dog

Votes: 25 22.5%

• Total voters

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Can't say I care really... I've given up listening... as Harty often says... the phone-in is only as good as the callers.

Information about what is going on with the team, the club, football in general is so widely available the phone-in is not really a source for that - except when DK comes on and you can hear it from the horses mouth.

I'm always interested in hearing informed views from players passed and present, managers, even some journos... but a fans phone-in is always going to be a BINFEST.

John Byrne

Jun 18, 2007
Ian Hart is perfect for the low budget style of radio that is BBC Southern Counties Radio. Plenty of dead air, people talkin over each other, terrible links, awful voice overs, Hawesy tellin us wrong results durin the game (ie gettin the teams wrong), Norman Gall forgettin his dentures and tryin to commentate, I could go on......

Again all factually correct....:lol:

Joke of a show.

John Byrne

Jun 18, 2007
Can't say I care really... I've given up listening... as Harty often says... the phone-in is only as good as the callers.

Information about what is going on with the team, the club, football in general is so widely available the phone-in is not really a source for that - except when DK comes on and you can hear it from the horses mouth.

I'm always interested in hearing informed views from players passed and present, managers, even some journos... but a fans phone-in is always going to be a BINFEST.

Would be nice if Harty and Dave actually put some prep in b4 the show rather than winging it each week.

How about actually talking about the match and the weeks events to do with the club.

Rather than talking about some other rubbish which happened to him durig the week.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
only listen to hear the post match comments from Wilkins, block out the rest shame really because could be a good little show but some (most) of the callers really don't have a clue

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Stephen Hawkin

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Harty & Dave the Gaffer are BOTH club lap dogs so the poll is pretty pointless.....

Anybody could do a better job....sooty and sweep look the best suggestion so far!!

Blimey...that is the first time i have been called a club lap dog...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oi, they talked to me about the match yesterday!

I read your text and realised you were the only one who had actually been to the game. Hence we called you back!

It is always better to hear stuff from those who were there.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
sorry, mis read, thought it said lap dancer!!

only joking mate!

you obviously haven't seen the size of me...lap dancer I aint!!!!!

Getting back to the point, Harty does an excellet job and I like helping out every now and again.....its good fun.

I like JB, he is very straightforward and has the advantage of having played at the highest levl so his comments are relevant, and Mike Ward is very eloquent and again knows his footy.

Levo is very different to harty and has a completely different style.

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
The fact is it's all about who calls in and what they have to say. The presenters simply feed off that. Too often it is someone calling in with absolutly nothing informative to say. The codpiece on the the texts needs a good sacking!

The back office admin is either crap or non existent. Doesn't anyone validate the questions before they get to Harty? Check out the 606 session on Radio 5.

Mar 10, 2006
On of the biggest problems as I see it is the timing of the phone in. It kicks off immediately after the game when the majority of people still haven't got out of the ground let alone got on the Park and Ride and back to their car by which time all the people with nothing constructive to say because they've been sitting at home have got on the phone and set the agenda. By the time you've got the gist of what's going on it's about 5.40 and people who've been at the match can't really contribute that much.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On of the biggest problems as I see it is the timing of the phone in. It kicks off immediately after the game when the majority of people still haven't got out of the ground let alone got on the Park and Ride and back to their car by which time all the people with nothing constructive to say because they've been sitting at home have got on the phone and set the agenda. By the time you've got the gist of what's going on it's about 5.40 and people who've been at the match can't really contribute that much.

Very true why not have all the waffle and, results of the league and non league interviews etc until 5.45 then the phone in until 6.30pm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here