• Clegg

Votes: 128 57.9%
  • They are all wankers

Votes: 26 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just watching question time, you get the feeling so many people are set in their ways they think their favourite was the winner. Alot of people slagging off Cameron and praising Brown on there, when all of the polls suggest different.

Tories are the natural enemy of Labour and the Lib dems of course they're all going to say Cameron was shit, whereas I think most Conservative voters are happy to admit that Clegg looked good.

Oh the BBC slagging off the Tories on question time, another studio full of biased plebs off the street again, they have never done that before have they.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
just watching it now - Clegg is walking it mainly by being normal, Brown is tired, clunky and formulaic, Cameron is vile.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Just watching question time, you get the feeling so many people are set in their ways they think their favourite was the winner. Alot of people slagging off Cameron and praising Brown on there, when all of the polls suggest different.

Tories are the natural enemy of Labour and the Lib dems of course they're all going to say Cameron was shit, whereas I think most Conservative voters are happy to admit that Clegg looked good.

Yes but people that actually cab be bothered to vote/answer polls are much more likely to be against Brown than for him. People who think Brown has done ok probably would not put themselves out to vote in a poll.

Its those people that will decide who wins not the people who vote in polls

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I expect you'll be complaining on May 7th that the polling stations were full of Scots "off the streets".

Listen Lord B, i will be complaining that people like yourself lord it over common people like me, where are you expense accounts eh, not so forthcoming about them are you high up in your ivory tower looking down on the surfs like me,down here with the scots and welsh ragamuffins.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Clegg came out with a load of pie in the sky stuff that he knows he would never have to deliver. He had nothing much to lose so was much more relaxed. Cameron was assured and Brown was well yesterdays man and his jokes were cringe worthy.

The Liberals given this platform will now come under much more scrutiny on their policies.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Yes but people that actually cab be bothered to vote/answer polls are much more likely to be against Brown than for him. People who think Brown has done ok probably would not put themselves out to vote in a poll.

Do you actually have any reasons for this or did you just completely make it up?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Are you talking about the northerners and the jocks :jester:

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Clegg came out with a load of pie in the sky stuff that he knows he would never have to deliver. He had nothing much to lose so was much more relaxed. Cameron was assured and Brown was well yesterdays man and his jokes were cringe worthy.

The Liberals given this platform will now come under much more scrutiny on their policies.

It took to the third page but finally someone wrote the reality of the matter to save me having to write it. Exactly what he said

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Do you actually have any reasons for this or did you just completely make it up?

Well its not rocket science is it?

Theres lots of polls on here but even if you know what YOUR vote would be for do you ALWAYS vote?

There are loads of people who will vote come May but they would not be arsed to vote in a poll.

People that vote in polls tend to be either strongly for or strongly against whatever the poll is about.

In THESE polls you are more likely to vote against Brown than for him as (lets face it) he is an easy target and they want him out. Many people who might think Brown is ok but they might not be arsed to vote in these polls.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
the reason it mkes not much difference is how many floating voters watched tonight ? I'd imagine most people that watched know who they will vote

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
People that vote in polls tend to be either strongly for or strongly against whatever the poll is about.

now thats true enough, but why single out Brown? why cant people quietly support Cameron or Clegg as well as Brown? there's no reason, and its more likly people just dont like like him.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well for what it's worth, I think Clegg was the clear winner with not much in it between Brown and Cameron. Having said that, I would suggest that Cameron was the biggest loser on the basis that this type of 'beauty parade' is up his street and way out of Brown's comfort zone.

The fact is Clegg had nothing to lose as, going by track record, most people don't think the Lib Dems have a genuine chance of power. Having said that, with regard to his policies I have no reason to doubt their figures. Cameron is the biggest loser because he should have finished miles ahead of Brown but didn't. He failed to respond to comments about spending committments for the Police and Education. Brown fell down with regard to waste in the public sector. Cameron was banging on about the £12b but Brown should have pointed out that since 2008 they have cut out £20b already and are committed to a further £15b. By not mentioning that it just looked like they weren't doing anything.

Still, if anyone is swayed by a performance in a tv debate then perhaps they should'nt really be trusted with the privelage of a vote. Unfortunately, life's not like that.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
now thats true enough, but why single out Brown? why cant people quietly support Cameron or Clegg as well as Brown? there's no reason, and its more likly people just dont like like him.

Because this debate was about Brown and held because Brown is losing in the election polls. If Labour were ahead he would never had agreed to it.

Thatcher never held a debate because she was ahead in the polls - Major did the same and Labour mocked them for it but when Blair was winning he then refused to have a debate.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Out of interest, did anyone watch BBC News at Ten. They had people presssing gadgets as the debate progress producing a naff graff on performance. However whilst they were reporting the results, there was one dumb looking gingernut behind the reporter that looked like he had piles or that he was in the wrong room and thought he was going to be in the audience for Jeremy Kyle!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Well for what it's worth, I think Clegg was the clear winner with not much in it between Brown and Cameron. Having said that, I would suggest that Cameron was the biggest loser on the basis that this type of 'beauty parade' is up his street and way out of Brown's comfort zone.

The fact is Clegg had nothing to lose as, going by track record, most people don't think the Lib Dems have a genuine chance of power. Having said that, with regard to his policies I have no reason to doubt their figures. Cameron is the biggest loser because he should have finished miles ahead of Brown but didn't. He failed to respond to comments about spending committments for the Police and Education. Brown fell down with regard to waste in the public sector. Cameron was banging on about the £12b but Brown should have pointed out that since 2008 they have cut out £20b already and are committed to a further £15b. By not mentioning that it just looked like they weren't doing anything.

Still, if anyone is swayed by a performance in a tv debate then perhaps they should'nt really be trusted with the privelage of a vote. Unfortunately, life's not like that.

Why?

Just another platform for people to judge MP's on. No problem with being swayed. Certianly not enough to make such a blanket claim of denying the right to vote!

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Thats got to be a warning from hell what with her choice in blokes

Sven, Collymore etc etc

Ulrica thinking Cameron was good:lol:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why?

Just another platform for people to judge MP's on. No problem with being swayed. Certianly not enough to make such a blanket claim of denying the right to vote!

Because voting for someone because they look better in front of a camera is pretty shallow. It's like deciding who you're going to vote for because of the headline in the Sun without actually reading the related article or even better researching the policy and stories yourself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here