Votes: 128 57.9%
  • They are all wankers

Votes: 26 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Not if you scrap trident, which is what they want to do.

No chance, even IF they did get into power (what planet do people live on)
they wouldn't spend it get class sizes down to 16...it would more or less double the amount of class's and double the education budget. They would blow it on people with bad backs just like labour!

And as for scraping Trident. Yes why not get rid of all of a security in this calm stable world we live in. The other thing about that is the general impact in the world. Countries without decent defence and nukes are not seen as so important. Lets slide down the list and be seen as nothing more than say Belgium :facepalm:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No chance, even IF they did get into power (what planet do people live on)
they wouldn't spend it get class sizes down to 16...it would more or less double the amount of class's and double the education budget. They would blow it on people with bad backs just like labour!
On this issue, I probably agree with you. The more you invest in public service, the more the proportion of waste also rises - this has been seen time and time again, especially under this government. However, that doesn't mean we want to go back to the threadbare public services that we used to see under the Tories.

And as for scraping Trident. Yes why not get rid of all of a security in this calm stable world we live in. The other thing about that is the general impact in the world. Countries without decent defence and nukes are not seen as so important. Lets slide down the list and be seen as nothing more than say Belgium :facepalm:
All security? I'm talking about Trident, not ALL security. I'd rather we pulled out of wars we have no business in, scrap trident, then equip our troops and educate our kids properly.

Your Belgium comparison seems desperate, unless you really believe the only thing that separates a small country of 9 million people and one with one of the biggest economies in the world is that the UK has Trident. FFS. :facepalm:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
On this issue, I probably agree with you. The more you invest in public service, the more the proportion of waste also rises - this has been seen time and time again, especially under this government. However, that doesn't mean we want to go back to the threadbare public services that we used to see under the Tories.

All security? I'm talking about Trident, not ALL security. I'd rather we pulled out of wars we have no business in, scrap trident, then equip our troops and educate our kids properly.

Your Belgium comparison seems desperate, unless you really believe the only thing that separates a small country of 9 million people and one with one of the biggest economies in the world is that the UK has Trident. FFS. :facepalm:
Do you genuinely think we should scrap our nuclear deterrent now that every tom, dick and harry seems to have one ? Pakistan is a nuclear power and hardly the most stable country in the world, would you be comfortable if the country was to be taken over by a fundamentalist islamic government? which isnt beyond the realms of possibility, dont think we could rely on america to protect us under their nuclear shield, they do what's best for america, each and every time, the suez crisis showed us that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not really "every Tom Dick and Harry". There are just the NINE nuclear powers including us (and that's if you include Israel) and notable absentees include Japan, Germany, Italy, Canada and Brazil.

It's not just about a nuclear deterrent or not - it's about the cost. At some point, you have to consider whether the cost of Trident is worth while, and apparently it is costing £80bn minimum, and then up to £1bn a year to maintain. When you consider "Call Me Dave" was blathering on about wanting to make £6bn in public spending savings, this seems utterly absurd to me.

Get out of these stupid wars where our troops are being slaughtered, and bring them home. Properly equip them in case they are ever needed, and equally spend more money on education and the NHS.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Not really "every Tom Dick and Harry". There are just the NINE nuclear powers including us (and that's if you include Israel) and notable absentees include Japan, Germany, Italy, Canada and Brazil.

It's not just about a nuclear deterrent or not - it's about the cost. At some point, you have to consider whether the cost of Trident is worth while, and apparently it is costing £80bn minimum, and then up to £1bn a year to maintain. When you consider "Call Me Dave" was blathering on about wanting to make £6bn in public spending savings, this seems utterly absurd to me.

Get out of these stupid wars where our troops are being slaughtered, and bring them home. Properly equip them in case they are ever needed, and equally spend more money on education and the NHS.
With perhaps north korea and iran soon to join, why wouldn't we count israel ?

McCririck

Jan 18, 2005
If you vote Labour you must be on benefits surely, no other reason to vote for them,
they`ve pretty much changed this country round run by Guardian reader left wing types.

Time to stop the rot but i fear its too late :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here