Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will still buy the sun?

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
I haven't bought that shit stirring paper in years.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The Sun is a bad newspaper on all levels. How anyone could take longet than a minute to flip through it and get on with their day is beyond me. I still like a print newspaper to have with me and The Guardian is my choice as it not only has fair news coverage, it's written intelligently and G2 has good articles and features for weekdays and I can just about do the crossword most days. The Sun? No thanks, it's fer twats.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have never bought the Sun, however to use the logic now, people shouldn't buy the Mail for its open support of Moseley and his facists before the last war....

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Only head mentals and people who shop at M&S buy The Mail don't they?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Only head mentals and people who shop at M&S buy The Mail don't they?

I shop at M&S and have never bought the sun....but carry on with the stereotyping

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
don't buy it anyway so no change for me.

edit: I do find this sudden 'surprise' some people are finding regarding The Sun being morally bankrupt a little curious though, it's not as if they don't have a track record for it......(and yes I know they're not the only ones).

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
pssst...he said "Mail". Or am I missing something here? ???

oops!! I have only once or twice bought the mail ( but that was mail on Sunday for the sport)

:(

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't think the M&S crew buy the Sun do they? I would say your Spasda's or your Tesco's lot are The Sun. The Mail is Strangebury's or M&S with a Waitrose crossover and The Guardian would prob cover a broad range as it is a fantastic paper

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
if I buy a paper, which is very rare these days, I tend to buy the Independant as it has a bloody good Su Doku and the sports coverage is good.

I tend to get all my news from the telly or BBC website

Just to point out that I own a Volkswagen Car and once owned a Mitsubishi, both of these companies took an active part in actually killing some of my relatives.

I don't buy the Sun, but if I did I probably still would.

toff79

Aug 8, 2011
i dont buy the sun mainly because i can get all my info online,

i wonder how many Liverpool fans who refuse to by the sun have sky TV, are they not owned by the same people?

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
i dont buy the sun mainly because i can get all my info online,

i wonder how many Liverpool fans who refuse to by the sun have sky TV, are they not owned by the same people?

This was my thought behind it. The sun is a load of nonsense though and the report they published in the aftermouth of Hillsborough was disrespectful and should never have been allowed to print.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
For a group of people that regard themselves as the epitomy of fun, banter and a laff, scousers don't half take themselves seriously.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just to point out that I own a Volkswagen Car and once owned a Mitsubishi, both of these companies took an active part in actually killing some of my relatives.

I don't buy the Sun, but if I did I probably still would.

Interesting take. Must admit, it had occurred to me reading those most vehement about not buying the Sun today, 23 years later under new staff and a different editor, that it was a bit like blaming today's Germans for the Nazi atrocities. Obviously in this analogy, Mackenzie is Hitler.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here