Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will replace Sir Steve?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Tooting Gull said:
You do wonder sometimes if there's some sort of internal email that goes round to all the Div One chairmen every month saying: "Losing a manager? He's leaving? He's crap, and want to fire him? Come on down to the Brighton manager superstore. A quality product guaranteed, no contractual difficulties, soft touch in the courts, no decent ground or facilities to tempt them into staying. Yours for a steal."

:clap: :drink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No mention on the Reading board of SC. Cotterill, Kinnear and Graham seem to be the favourites. We can but hope they're right.

Interesting that Mr Mad has said that the new manager will have to make do with what he's got. Taking that into account after what he's done here the best man for the job would obviously be SC. If Reading make a move the only hope we have got is that SC is a loyal man. Just remember the Blackwell saga earlier this season and it seems he is.

I can't think of one other reason why SC would prefer to stay here than go to Reading :(

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I hope this is the rumour mill in action and prove fruitless. I'd be gutted if he left.:(

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Intersesting, I thought, that Mr Madjeski made a statement to the media (a promise, even) that he would NEVER poach a manager. He is obviously pretty hurt by the way Pardew has treated them and wants to take a bit of the high moral ground. Good for him. So if he did poach SC it would probably make it the most laughable u-turn since Keegan at Fulham said that there was no way he would leave for England (Or maybe 'I did not have sexual relations with THAT woman') Somehow I don't think it's very likely.

Jameson

southstander said:
Reading are due to complete the signing of Sir Steve this week following their two losses under temporary manager Dillon. John Madejeski has approached Dick Knight who has allowed JM to talk with SC. If SC wants the job it is likely to complete before next Saturday - Source I hear you shout... John Madejeski

:( :nono: :( :nono: :( :nono:

I understand Glenn Hoddle's free. :D

southstander

Sep 17, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Who will replace Sir Steve?

uranus said:
hello newby

Hello Twat - :wave: :bowdown:
Page 393 Ceefax south JM says he will make an announcement on a new manager 'sooner rather than later'

Royal_Berk

Sep 21, 2003
Bootiful Berkshire
six_yard_punisha said:
Intersesting, I thought, that Mr Madjeski made a statement to the media (a promise, even) that he would NEVER poach a manager. He is obviously pretty hurt by the way Pardew has treated them and wants to take a bit of the high moral ground. Good for him. So if he did poach SC it would probably make it the most laughable u-turn since Keegan at Fulham said that there was no way he would leave for England (Or maybe 'I did not have sexual relations with THAT woman') Somehow I don't think it's very likely.

"Poaching" and having a request to speak to a manager accepted are two entirely different things, SYP. The main argument with Pardew was that he had a clause in his contract that forbade him to go to a Div 1 club. That sort of thing obviously didn't bother him or Crooking, though :censored:

I wouldn't put too much on this rumour as yet, but I for one would be chuffed to have Coppell as next Royals manager. His first job would be to lure Mr Cullip away with him too!. And by way of compensation, I'm sure we could give you a cut price deal for Darius Henderson ;)

BTW does anyone know what Coppell's contractual status is at the moment?

Cheers.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
What a load of bollox. Madjeski's been through the mill with McGhee and Pardew being lured away, and stated this week that he's not in the game of 'poaching' other managers. He did however admit that he would consider either frying or scrambling SC.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Madejski said: (in better wording)

"I will not poach a manager from a rival club. If I ask to speak to a manager and the offer is declined, then I will take the matter no further".

If a manager applies for the job, then its a different issue, and God knows what is actually going on.

It won't be Hoddle though, I would've thought. He and John Gorman go hand in hand everywhere, and when there was a position available before at Reading, and John Gorman was Reading coach, he didn't come then despite all the rumours.

Not sure about Coppell... he does seem a very, very good choice, but there's plenty of managers out there. Some good un's not attached to clubs either.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Unfortunately this does seem to have some truth about it.

I do know someone from Worthing who knows Nigel Howe personally. It appears that Steve was talking to Madjeski yesterday.

Now, before I get shouted down, it is perfectly feasible that it could have been about Henderson (but unlikely)
It wouldn't be poaching if DK has been asked and we are not a rival club because we are not in the same division.

This same person told me about Sidwell going last January.

I would like to think that Steve would turn it down to complete his work here, but in the long run it will be down to his choice. :(

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Just because he has under 10 posts does'nt mean to say its all fake, the mentality of some people on here is f***ing shit...grow up! :p

And there could well be truth in it, SC is a wanted man, he turned us around last season, has us upto 2nd in the Division, not only Reading but I reckon Spurs might even be looking at him...you never know!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Can't see it happening myself, too many good managers out there that have better pedigree than our Steve, if this does happen i shall personally be smacking the shit out of Madjeski.

ps Sidwell to Villa in January. Arse.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Oh well, at least there are plenty of good managers available

Carlton Palmer
Glen Hoddle
Bryan Robson

:D

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I wouldn't be suprised if he's talking to them and I wouldn't be suprised if he leaves. :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here