Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will replace Sir Steve?

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
if you take coppell then your chairman is clearly a hypocritical bullshitting wanker, like all the rest and you better hope you dont play us again soon, for you have pissed us off enough allready , and you will be struck down by the mighty vengeance of the albion demi-gods. :censored: :censored:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Hence I really hope (for your sakes) that Coppell isn't the man. I think you're right Eiregull, our club has done enough to piss off Brighton already, surely this would be one step too far?

Not sure about JM being hypocritical though. He said that he would never let a manager go to a club in the same division. And said that if there was a rejection from the club (if a contract clause existed like Pardew's), then he'd do the honourable thing if it was turned down and just left it, unlike West Ham.

Does Coppell have any such clauses in his contract? If he does then all Dick Knight needs to do is say "no" and Coppell will stay at Brighton even if Reading wanted him. Madejski will stick by his principles there.

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
we will be in the same division next year!!, besides if he makes an approach, we say no, and coppell goes, then its poaching, i wouldt bet hed stay by his word- chairman rarely do.:angry:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
eiregull said:
if he makes an approach, we say no, and coppell goes, then its poaching

Yep - as its what Reading fans believe happened to Pardew, though the West Ham argue that Pardew walked, I regard it as poaching and hence you're right, it would be the same. :(

southstander

Sep 17, 2003
looney said:
Yea an I was speaking to a Reading fan in the know and Coppel isn't even in the top 3 contenders.

Appologies accepted, I told you that this had come from the (JM) horses mouth but was discarded as a Newby -

And now you're going to believe us, and now you're going to believe us, don't discount newby's they may not be what they seem!

A few appologies owed to others like Soton Seagull, Locky Seagullsgonnagetya etc from the like of Brixtaan, Looney and Uranus IMHO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here