Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will replace Sir Steve?

southstander

Sep 17, 2003
Reading are due to complete the signing of Sir Steve this week following their two losses under temporary manager Dillon. John Madejeski has approached Dick Knight who has allowed JM to talk with SC. If SC wants the job it is likely to complete before next Saturday - Source I hear you shout... John Madejeski

:( :nono: :( :nono: :( :nono:

southstander

Sep 17, 2003
Source I hear you shout... John Madejeski

:( :nono: :( :nono: :( :nono: [/B][/QUOTE]

Uranus you twat read before you post:lolol:

Newby to here but not to other BHA boards and not to the club (I 've been watching the Albion as long back as they were called the Dolphins so who's the newby now?)

southstander

Sep 17, 2003
No clause Lush, he simply asked DK if he could talk to SC.

After all JM's rantings about Pardew and loyalty and honouring contracts this has left JM with few managers he can approach, ours being the main target.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I would have thought Coppell is top of their list. Hardly DK's fault, although our reputation for not being abale to hold on to managers even with a good team and support is getting seriously irritating. Once again, it all comes back to Falmer - doesn't everything these days?

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Eminently plausible but nonetheless extremely depressing. Wouldn't be surprised, and indeed Yorkie predicted this worst case scenario as soon as Pardew beecame a front runner for the West Ham job. :(

If you were SC:
Near top of division one - brand new stadium, big playing budget
or
near top of division two, the inside of a running track, tiny playing budget. Falmer is till too far away and still an uncertainty to be a pull for any manager in these fickle times.

My only hope is that SC has some kind of old fashioned personality defect (extreme loyalty, he's happy here so sod the extra money, sod the career move) that will means he will commit himself to the Albion, but he'd probably be mad to stay if he was offered the job.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You do wonder sometimes if there's some sort of internal email that goes round to all the Div One chairmen every month saying: "Losing a manager? He's leaving? He's crap, and want to fire him? Come on down to the Brighton manager superstore. A quality product guaranteed, no contractual difficulties, soft touch in the courts, no decent ground or facilities to tempt them into staying. Yours for a steal."

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Bloody hell, it's never simple is it? Can't we have a season without speculation on the managers future?

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
There are various rumours on one of the Reading websites but the main candidates, as far as rumours go, appear to be Tony Pulis and Trevor Francis. No mentiuon of Steve Coppell as far as i can see.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
They could take Martin Hinshelwood & we could all bet him that he couldn't get 12 defeats on the trot!!

MRRF 10

Re: Re: Who will replace Sir Steve?

southstander said:
Source I hear you shout... John Madejeski

:( :nono: :( :nono: :( :nono:

Uranus you twat read before you post:lolol:

Newby to here but not to other BHA boards and not to the club (I 've been watching the Albion as long back as they were called the Dolphins so who's the newby now?)

hello newby

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This had better be a rumour - we don't want a manager change at the moment just whilst things are looking up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here