Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will replace Harry,,

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
As others have said, hopefully GP will not decide to go elsewhere in the immediate future.

However, given previous track record I would seriously hope that GH would never be in the frame. This is all hypothetical but, in the event of Gus moving on (please God no), TB would be in a very good position to look for and attract/find a new manager who would continue in the vein which Gus set out on. That would automatically exclude a number of unsuitables. SA need not apply !

Hopefully, this is not a scenario we will be looking at for some considerable time.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
As others have said, hopefully GP will not decide to go elsewhere in the immediate future.

However, given previous track record I would seriously hope that GH would never be in the frame. This is all hypothetical but, in the event of Gus moving on (please God no), TB would be in a very good position to look for and attract/find a new manager who would continue in the vein which Gus set out on. That would automatically exclude a number of unsuitables. SA need not apply !

Hopefully, this is not a scenario we will be looking at for some considerable time.

Hence my little throw at DiMatteo, similar playing style, although no-one can play the style quite like Gus... whoever it is away in the long, long, long, distant future, won't ever be able to fill GP's boots.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
best man for the job

I don't think Harry would want it anyway. He likes to "have a hand" in transfers, which he can't do being the national boss. What would be in it for him?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
we've tried everything and nothing has worked. We always go for the manager who on paper is the best.

Redknapp is a different choice away from the usual tried and failed process.

He is a man motivator / English and has proven can handle big egos. You just know the players would give more for him than any foreign manager

Clearly best man for the job

Yet you completely dismiss any legal proceedings currently in progress against him as if the only thing that matters is what he does as a coach. The bloke is tarnished with his dealings at West Ham and has been charged with defrauding the tax office, in effect, you and me. He won't even come close to the England job.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When he walks into the England job next summer...I really think this is the one Poyet will go for and Glenn Hoddle will slip into Poyet's shoes. I know its not something we want to think about but I think Gus will be there number one target.

His tax FRAUD trial starts very soon. Wait and see about next England manager.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I fooking HATE Glenn Hoddle. No thanks.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I don't think Harry would want it anyway. He likes to "have a hand" in transfers, which he can't do being the national boss. What would be in it for him?

I heard him say he'd be very interested in the England job on the radio a few months ago. Has he recently changed his mind? :shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I heard him say he'd be very interested in the England job on the radio a few months ago. Has he recently changed his mind? :shrug:

What I was getting at is that there won't be any transfer kick backs, agents fees, spurious payments etc sloshing around in the national set up. What would be in it for him?

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
What I was getting at is that there won't be any transfer kick backs, agents fees, spurious payments etc sloshing around in the national set up. What would be in it for him?

Ahhhhhhh, gotcha. Well I'm sure the great & the good at the FA know a thing or 5 about murky financial dealings, so maybe they'll reluctantly welcome him into their comfy club? Keep your enemies closer & all that... :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I'm sure he'd still find the £5.75m per year for a part time job (far greater £ than at Spurs), and lack of 200 x commutes from Sandbanks to Herts for training, very attrcative.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ahhhhhhh, gotcha. Well I'm sure the great & the good at the FA know a thing or 5 about murky financial dealings, so maybe they'll reluctantly welcome him into their comfy club? Keep your enemies closer & all that... :thumbsup:

Never been any suggestion that the FA, Brooking & Co have been financially dishonest or into personal enrichment.

They stood out on their own against the crooks in FIFA.

If anything, the mistake made was letting the PL bullies take control in 1992, and allow the money obsessed era to begin.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Never been any suggestion that the FA, Brooking & Co have been financially dishonest or into personal enrichment.

They stood out on their own against the crooks in FIFA.

If anything, the mistake made was letting the PL bullies take control in 1992, and allow the money obsessed era to begin.

That's all very encouraging then. I hereby change my cynical approach to all hierarchical organisations in football & rejoice in the new knowledge that all the FA bods are all a bunch of fine, upstanding fellows. Hip, hip...

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
Based on?

1. who is english and better than him
2. do spurs play good football
3. so he maybe dodgey who gives a shit he won't be any worse than are last few england managers
i know a lot of people on here hate him but in my opinion he will improve England i just hope its not Brighton that has to suffer with the loss of Gus because we can see he is special so other people can

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
When he walks into the England job next summer...I really think this is the one Poyet will go for and Glenn Hoddle will slip into Poyet's shoes. I know its not something we want to think about but I think Gus will be there number one target.

Firstly harry will not get the England job,secondly Gus has pledged long term commitment to BHA while we are progressing , lets get promotion and with the funds from that keep Gus and bring in better players .

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
What exactly has he won ? An FA Cup with Pompey that put the club into administration
more than most english managers
what had Keagan done... what had maclaren done...what had hoddle done (i think he should of stayed) NOTHING

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
1. who is english and better than him
2. do spurs play good football
3. so he maybe dodgey who gives a shit he won't be any worse than are last few england managers
i know a lot of people on here hate him but in my opinion he will improve England i just hope its not Brighton that has to suffer with the loss of Gus because we can see he is special so other people can

Why does it HAVE it be an englishman? (Next time around, the FA have studidly stipulated it should be, so narrowing the field).

What criminal charges did Bobby Robson and Sven face?
If convicted, don't think we'll be able to preach to FIFA, after employing a crook (alleged at this stage).

Why did his expensively assembled team get destroyed on Monday despite their opponents lacking 3 out of 4 first choice defenders, and fail to register a goal?

The Fleet Street love-in with media savvy 'arry has over hyped his credentials.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here