Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will replace Harry,,

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
maybe if Harry gets england and Poyet gets Spurs, we may get Mourino............but he wouldnt be as good as Sir Poyet

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Gus has probably got another 20-25 odd years left in management potentially, I'm sure he won't be in any hurry to move so long as we're still progressing. As we saw, he needs time to settle in to change the whole club to how he likes things run and I'm not sure he has a good enough track record yet to warrant that trust from a top 6 Prem team. All it would take is one year of relative failure for him to get the sack and he's back to square one.

(fingers crossed anyway, though I personally think he'll be here until Chelsea come calling, unless we really do reach our peak any time soon)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Putting the Gus thing aside, it is a bit of a shame if Redknapp doesn't ever get a stint at the England job, because he is clearly the outstanding English candidate.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I will be even less interested in the senior England team if that crooked twitchy bastard gets the job.
Hope WBA have an amazing season & they go for Uncle Woy instead as it HAS to be an English manager. Been saying it for the best part of a decade but Wenger would be a fantastic England manager.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I will be even less interested in the senior England team if that crooked twitchy bastard gets the job.
Hope WBA have an amazing season & they go for Uncle Woy instead as it HAS to be an English manager. Been saying it for the best part of a decade but Wenger would be a fantastic England manager.

As much as Hodgson is a good Manager, I think his style of play would be a complete waste with the players we have, same as it was at Liverpool.

Wenger would be good, but would the country accept having a FROG as England Manager?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Based on?

we've tried everything and nothing has worked. We always go for the manager who on paper is the best.

Redknapp is a different choice away from the usual tried and failed process.

He is a man motivator / English and has proven can handle big egos. You just know the players would give more for him than any foreign manager

Clearly best man for the job

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
we've tried everything and nothing has worked. We always go for the manager who on paper is the best.

Redknapp is a different choice away from the usual tried and failed process.

He is a man motivator / English and has proven can handle big egos. You just know the players would give more for him than any foreign manager

Clearly best man for the job

Is the right answer. No doubt the FA will mess it up again though.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We accepted a Swedish oddball & Postman Cap, Wenger is known to English fans & could be out of a job come June next year.

Very true. And at the moment I'd take playing fantastic football and finishing 3rd or 4th in every World Cup / European Championship.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'd love Wenger to be the next England manager but whoever gets it we'll still probably be crap.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Hoddle, is this a joke? he's well past his sellby date. Nothing but trouble after the 1st year everywhere he's been. God help us if he ever turned up here.
Agreed, plus, how would our disabled section feel knowing he thinks they were evil in their previous incarnations?
..and he's a crap pundit. No Thanks!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm still hoping the FA wont want Harry in charge because of all his dodgy antics. But I'm not actually sure Spurs will go for Gus anyway, their fans have such delusions of grandeur that I think they might not want a lower league Manager. Although maybe we wont be lower league by then.

Yeah he was a good Manager. Shame he's mentally ill really.

I think you`ll find that was a past life.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Redknapp will be banged up before then, or hefty fine, the latter I hope, means he may keep his job down the Seven Sisters Road, but he won't be England manager in my humble opinion. Successors for our Gus? I'd stick DiMatteo in the mix.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here