Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will NEVER recieve a penny, of your hard earned cash...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I find it hard to give to charities. I worked for one a few years ago and their head office was a large mansion in at least 20 acres in a rather prime area of Haywards Heath. I might add that it was full of large rooms that would sometimes have one person in but it was mostly empty.

Why in the hell they needed these premises is beyond me as with the money they could have made if they sold it they could have done a lot of good with. I gather that a lot of charities are the same, Oxfam are alleged to only be able to give 47 pence out of a pound to the cause.

If that's true, about the houses and all, that is shocking eh?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I will back Nibble up on the Open House one. In fact I believe I was in there with him once when we decided to piss off after waiting for 10 minutes at the bar without getting served.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I find it hard to give to charities. I worked for one a few years ago and their head office was a large mansion in at least 20 acres in a rather prime area of Haywards Heath. I might add that it was full of large rooms that would sometimes have one person in but it was mostly empty.

Why in the hell they needed these premises is beyond me as with the money they could have made if they sold it they could have done a lot of good with. I gather that a lot of charities are the same, Oxfam are alleged to only be able to give 47 pence out of a pound to the cause.

It wasn't Sight Savers was it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
MacDonalds. I do use their facilities though. I even had a letter printed in the Guardian pointing out that you could use the Gatwick McDonalds car-park as a short stay. They have subsequently heavy handedly applied a 45 minute maximum stay.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Leaders - by far the worst letting agents in the WORLD
Abbey - there is a very good reason they're often known as Shabby !

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The half-time burger vans at Withdean. I'm not standing in a stupidly long queue for fifteen minutes for their dubious wares, or skipping ten minutes of the first half or missing ten minutes of the second half. Maybe at Falmer.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Forfars
Focus DiY (even though he doesn't own them any more; I can't break the habit)
The Plough at Plumpton (hideous meal there a while back after taking ages to be served)
All Bar One in Manchester (45 minutes for a Hummus & toast with side salad)
KFC - without doubt the WORST takeaway chain in the UK

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
The Hangleton Manor -Seriously bad service (more than once)
The Grenadier Pub (as above)
My Hotel in jubilee street- long story

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here