Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

who will get the pompey tickets .

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Think they have sold very few of the tickets to 1300 point holders, when I bought mine I was the only one at the ticket desk and the two phone operators were not talking to any callers.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Walsall ? The official away figure was the number of presold tickets but didn't include POTG , stewards concurred we had more than half the crowd attendance.

The attendance for that game was 6,015, we cant have had many more than 3,000 there. And that was with pay on the gate tickets available and a Championship decider! This is a game in August at the start of the season when loads of people are on holiday. I reckon it will probably sell out, but only just, and it wouldn't surprise me if they do go on general sale.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
my mate drove over today,we are 30 ponits short so cant get till 6 oclock on line tonight,
he asked if he could still get,they werent having none of it,but when he asked ,how many have you sold,he said 10!!!,so your tellling me ,i still cant get till 6 tonight!!

Gone up to 60 now!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
my mate drove over today,we are 30 ponits short so cant get till 6 oclock on line tonight,
he asked if he could still get,they werent having none of it,but when he asked ,how many have you sold,he said 10!!!,so your tellling me ,i still cant get till 6 tonight!!

They have to stick by what they said though, don't they? It is no use introducing a loyalty scheme then just ignoring it after a few hours of the first game going on sale. Surely the fact that they have only sold ten would make you relax about this. I can buy at six tonight too but won't be trying until later though, because everyone will be getting their knickers in a twist over trying to get tickets as soon as they go on sale for their number of loyalty points. Or even before they are able too, in your case.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The attendance for that game was 6,015, we cant have had many more than 3,000 there. And that was with pay on the gate tickets available and a Championship decider! This is a game in August at the start of the season when loads of people are on holiday. I reckon it will probably sell out, but only just, and it wouldn't surprise me if they do go on general sale.

If you were at the Walsall game you would have seen for yourself how many Albion fans turned up , the Dains stand behind the goal was full (2,000 capacity) and we nearly filled the half of the Bite-Size side stand that was allocated to us (1,250 capacity). I think Pompey will sell out without going on general sale as those with enough points who don't travel away will get tickets for a mate who has nowhere near 1,000 loyalty points.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If you were at the Walsall game you would have seen for yourself how many Albion fans turned up , the Dains stand behind the goal was full (2,000 capacity) and we nearly filled the half of the Bite-Size side stand that was allocated to us (1,250 capacity). I think Pompey will sell out without going on general sale as those with enough points who don't travel away will get tickets for a mate who has nowhere near 1,000 loyalty points.

I was at the Walsall game. If we filled the 2,000 capacity stand and nearly filled the 1250 capacity one then that gives a probably number of about 3,000. And for a Championship decider. We have 3150 for Pompey, at a time when loads are on holiday. I'm sure more or less everyone who wants a ticket will get one.

mattricketts

Jul 14, 2010
so i see mixed responses on this,personally i think i should be in with a shout of a ticket and i only have 1020 points
i think it will only be hard core away fans(3000? max) that will go for the tickets at this game as could be quite interesting with the pompey(play up pompey NOT!!!!!!) fans
im going to just buy a ticket for every away game even it not going so as to up my points!!!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will they be selling half and half scarves left over from last season ?

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
Tickets are going to the loyal ones from over the last few years,i dont have no problem with that,but i am predominatly an away fan,think they should of given away fans some loyalty points.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
so i see mixed responses on this,personally i think i should be in with a shout of a ticket and i only have 1020 points
i think it will only be hard core away fans(3000? max) that will go for the tickets at this game as could be quite interesting with the pompey(play up pompey NOT!!!!!!) fans
im going to just buy a ticket for every away game even it not going so as to up my points!!!!

Buying a ticket for every away game to build up loyalty points might guarantee you a ticket at Smellhurst providing you kept the ticket stub from the FA Cup replay match at Hartlepool in 2008. :lol:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I think it's fair to say most people wont be aware the tickets are on sale yet.

With holidays and it still being pre season many people wont be wondering about tickets for an away fixture in July. Anouncements on Saturday etc will soon get people in the mood for this one.

I'm sure we will take the full allocation with there being a rush nearer the time.

Got two tickets today and looking forward to making lots of noice down at that dump Fratton. Now the away and has a roof we can realy make alot of noice!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I thought it was a foregone conclusion, this was discussed to death on here when the loyalty scheme with priority for 1901 club members was discussed and eventually announced. 1901 members would buy all the away tickets for the all popular ties like Pompey, Palace etc, making it absolutely impossible for anyone else, at all, ever to get an away ticket unless it was Middlesbrough on a Tuesday night.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Now that 10,000 more people can go to the home games I think he demand for away tickets might actually go down as opposed to up. Well it won't because we get to play a few more decent teams but I think there's a downward effect.... ok shoot me before I turn into that git from the ONS claiming the economy didn't recover because of the royal wedding

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is it true that you'll be able to get a ticket in the home end if we sell the away allocation ? Do you just turn up with a bell and make sure you haven't washed for the 2 weeks before the game ?

Bisto

Getting older everyday
Oct 25, 2010
Brighton
yeah actually i am thinking i may not even bother with Donny just in case we lose.

LOL

I saw nearly every away league game last year The West country and grizzly north game was too much! and we took som large crowds away with 4,000 STHs. If you factor in the larger STH nos and the closeness of Pompey on a Saturday....holidays or not I think we will hit the numbers.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here