• Iain Dowie

Votes: 77 68.8%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was very proud, the Everton chairman even said we were the best fans he has ever seen in the PREM. How is life in the champ, must be exciting for you, have you got over the playoffs yet. I would just like to thank you for one of the best sporting night's of my life, second only to Liverpool 90.

That almost sounds like the sort of thing someone at a big club would say about a small club when they meet in a once-in-a-lifetime Cup game. You know, when they can't find anything positive to say about the small club's on-the-pitch performance and they have to resort to patronising.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I haven't laughed this much since Ian Hollway spunked £25million on complete nobodies.

Parish is totally clueless. Hilarious.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was very proud, the Everton chairman even said we were the best fans he has ever seen in the PREM

Have you noticed how people always say that about the team that is hopelessly bottom of the league? See Park, Fratton.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Play-offs hahahahahaha dream on, have you seen the quality above you. deluded

Have you forgotten last season? You were certainly very fortunate to go up last year. Stranger things have happened.

And a question about your 'best ever fans in the premier league'. Why were 10000 of them missing for almost all of your games last year?

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
That almost sounds like the sort of thing someone at a big club would say about a small club when they meet in a once-in-a-lifetime Cup game. You know, when they can't find anything positive to say about the small club's on-the-pitch performance and they have to resort to patronising.

This!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I was very proud, the Everton chairman even said we were the best fans he has ever seen in the PREM

If you all turn up with your boots for home games some of you might get a game-you couldn't do any worse than the cloggers and clowns wearing the Chrystal Palace Clown Suits at the moment.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I'm surprised Venables hasn't been offered a short term contract - he has nothing to prove these days and they need someone to do a huge confidence building job on their squad. Would also be the sort of big name that might get all the monkeys off Parish's back and surely they can afford it. But why should El Tel bother?

I suppose if they are brave they will take relegation on the chin and appoint a young manager and give him 3-4 years to sort things out. Trouble is they are already so close to the abyss it must be a real turn off for any younger candidate who aspires to any sort of future in football because it will be a huge black spot on their CV. It's like watching a slow motion car wreck, the car is disintegrating and you can foresee the final outcome will be really grizzly but can't do feck all about it. Why would anyone want to get behind the steering wheel?

By the way what happened to that tw8t Mark Bright? A couple of months ago he was all over the media bigging up CPFC like a bad rash but now the heats on he's nowhere to been seen or heard. Last time I saw him he was squirming in the Directors box watching the debacle against Fulham. Oh dear.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Play-offs hahahahahaha dream on, have you seen the quality above you. deluded

Idiot. 3 points off the playoffs with 31 games left. I know a promotion for us would be an absolute nightmare for you, but only the really deluded would right us off so easily.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm surprised Venables hasn't been offered a short term contract - he has nothing to prove these days and they need someone to do a huge confidence building job on their squad. Would also be the sort of big name that might get all the monkeys off Parish's back and surely they can afford it. But why should El Tel bother?

I suppose if they are brave they will take relegation on the chin and appoint a young manager and give him 3-4 years to sort things out. Trouble is they are already so close to the abyss it must be a real turn off for any younger candidate who aspires to any sort of future in football because it will be a huge black spot on their CV. It's like watching a slow motion car wreck, the car is disintegrating and you can foresee the final outcome will be really grizzly but can't do feck all about it. Why would anyone want to get behind the steering wheel?

By the way what happened to that tw8t Mark Bright? A couple of months ago he was all over the media bigging up CPFC like a bad rash but now the heats on he's nowhere to been seen or heard. Last time I saw him he was squirming in the Directors box watching the debacle against Fulham. Oh dear.

Best part of 20m spent in the summer before signing on and agents' fees are even included. Given that even the lowest wage bills in the PL are around £40m a year, I think you'll find that most of their 60m jackpot has been spent already.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Best bet.... someone playing FM14 who can keep them up without cheating.

Anyone else would either have to be crazy or too expensive.

Come to think of it, not sure it can be done even on FM14....

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Coral still offering 12/1 on Karanka. Not a big vote of confidence in his abilities to turn things round at Boro.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Cometh the hour, cometh the man. It HAS to be Di Canio.

In all seriousness Steve Parish is stuffed whatever he does. There is no way on earth their squad is capable of staying up, so there's no point appointing a fire-fighter. However, no 'long-term' manager worth their salt is going to want to take over a squad that will get horsewhipped for the next 6 months, because you'll never come out of that scenario with any respect left.

The best of a bad job would be to appoint a couple of club stalwarts like Coppell and Dowie, who have no career left to tarnish but who would happily take the flak in return for a big fat payday. Those two could lay the groundwork for Palace to hit the ground running in the Championship next August, and instill some Palace identity into those players they feel might be good enough.

What Parish shouldn't do is appoint someone like Petrescu, who has been out of English football for over a decade and never managed here before. The job crushed an experienced pro in Holloway, so I'd expect Petrescu to be returning to Bucharest in a box. The likes of Zola and Poyet will already be milking the Chelsea 90s connections for all they're worth, so Dan won't get a look-in there either. The only thing going for that appointment is that there's a lot of pikies from Romania so Petrescu should acclimatise well in South London.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Best part of 20m spent in the summer before signing on and agents' fees are even included. Given that even the lowest wage bills in the PL are around £40m a year, I think you'll find that most of their 60m jackpot has been spent already.

Quite, so why not blow even more dosh on Venables? Remember how Palace fans have come on here saying how minted they are with the Zaha money and their Prem windfall (not their money of course), so let them have their moment of inglorious failure, all bought on the crest of financial profligacy, thereby leaving them skint when they arrive back in the Championship.

The longer this saga goes on it underlines just what a poor decision it was by Holloway to jump ship before they had someone else lined up. A handful of poor results, he lost his bottle, took the money and walked away. Yet this was an experienced Prem manager. Doesn't reflect too well on Parish either by allowing it to fall apart without insisting on a more controlled departure. The spotlight is now firmly on Parish.

I expected them to bring in a Warnock or Pulis character but all they seem to have done so far is frighten off the most credible candidates. Normally I would say 'you couldn't make it up' but with CPFC this just seems business as normal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here