Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will be sad,when Leeds get 10 points taken away

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I agree with Starry here. I can see what she is saying.

I do feel for fans like her. I have also had the other side of Leeds fans and their arrogance as well. The ONLY team in Yorkshire they would say constantly.

1983 - to me - You don't think your lot are going to get to Wembley do you (4th round) :rolleyes:

Now some of them are beginning to realise how the other half live.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not I. Tho strictly form a selfish betting point of view, having a sizeable wager on them getting relegated at 16/1. A 10 point deduction should do the trick. Feel a smidgeon sorry for the fans. But not as sorry as I do for ours. Or Wrexhams. Ah feckit, hands-up, I don´t feel sorry for them at all, on account of it being more or less self-inflicted.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
"The Rich are always f***ing on the Poor. Always have. Always will" (Private King in Platton, 1968, somewhere near the Cambodia border)

Leeds are Rich
Brighton are poor

Annoying isn't it?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
the first point i would like to make is.
is there sympathy for the genuine leeds fans?
i like others am not unaware of the need for a business of any sort to make enough money for that business to survive. in that i mean that business is required to achieve a gross profit able to meet its needs. we as brighton supporters know this only too well. the club does not make enough money from its day to day operations to keep it going. we do however apreciate the need to keep the fundraising etc at the utmost in minds. this is the only way the club will survive.

the leeds fans, unless i'm mistaken have done nothing other than hope that some gullable person/people place millions into what appears as a black hole.

where's their campaign to save their club?

they loved it all the time they were up the top of the premiership but did they ever ask themselves wheres the money coming from? NO

it has to remembered that in the eighties leeds were bankrupt. they had sold their ground to the council and were in the old second division playing infront of poor crowds. if the regulations existed back then leeds would have been thrown out of the league (so would have chelsea!).

the press made a huge issue out of leeds demise from the premiership but in realility since their promotion to the premiership they have only survived on borrowed money. i'm sure some leeds fans would have seen this but they didn't raise their doubts and so i've little sympathy.

if nothing else our experiances over the last 10 years its taught us to ask the questions that need asking.

there appears to be this "were a big club we don't deserve to go down" well wake up and smell the coffee. the're millions in debt but still manage to buy players. hows that, if i was a creditor i'd be doing my utmost to bankrupt them. surely the ir should be paid before they are allowed to buy players. but where are the leeds supporters asking the questions as to why they are still prepared to put the club further in dept instead of paying the debts?
i can't hear them

secondly, i own a number of businesses and if i'm late in paying the ir or the vat man they are on my case within days threatening to send in the baliffs etc or charge me high penalties but leeds appear to be able to delay this course of action. why?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The Board at Leeds are trying to sell the Club. A Championship club is worth more than a Division One club so they are having a punt on staying up by buying players. I can understand that. If it works, they avoid administration, avoid relegation, and sell the Club then it will have been good business. If it doesn't work - then administration, and likely administration - they will be fools.

I don't think this has much to do with fans like Starry. I do feel for these people because their club is being used as a means of making money by yet another set of directors.

And none of the Leeds fans I spoke to at the time they bought Fowler could understand why they needed another striker, or where the money was coming from.

I won't feel sorry for the Club - it won't be the end of the world - it will just be longer and harder to get back to former glory. I will feel sorry for the fans - but life in the Coco-Cola is not so bad.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
PILTDOWN MAN said:
the first point i would like to make is.
is there sympathy for the genuine leeds fans?
i like others am not unaware of the need for a business of any sort to make enough money for that business to survive. in that i mean that business is required to achieve a gross profit able to meet its needs. we as brighton supporters know this only too well. the club does not make enough money from its day to day operations to keep it going. we do however apreciate the need to keep the fundraising etc at the utmost in minds. this is the only way the club will survive.

the leeds fans, unless i'm mistaken have done nothing other than hope that some gullable person/people place millions into what appears as a black hole.

they loved it all the time they were up the top of the premiership but did they ever ask themselves wheres the money coming from? NO

it has to remembered that in the eighties leeds were bankrupt. they had sold their ground to the council and were in the old second division playing infront of poor crowds. if the regulations existed back then leeds would have been thrown out of the league (so would have chelsea!).

the press made a huge issue out of leeds demise from the premiership but in realility since their promotion to the premiership they have only survived on borrowed money. i'm sure some leeds fans would have seen this but they didn't raise their doubts and so i've little sympathy.

if nothing else our experiances over the last 10 years its taught us to ask the questions that need asking.

there appears to be this "were a big club we don't deserve to go down" well wake up and smell the coffee. the're millions in debt but still manage to buy players. hows that, if i was a creditor i'd be doing my utmost to bankrupt them. surely the ir should be paid before they are allowed to buy players. but where are the leeds supporters asking the questions as to why they are still prepared to put the club further in dept instead of paying the debts?
i can't hear them

secondly, i own a number of businesses and if i'm late in paying the ir or the vat man they are on my case within days threatening to send in the baliffs etc or charge me high penalties but leeds appear to be able to delay this course of action. why?

I for one hope and pray that "some gulliable person" doesn't put any money into Leeds Utd.

http://www.saveleedsunited.org/home.html it's right there. And http://www.lufctrust.org.uk/ and there as well. Sadly, neither I nor any other fan that I stand beside on teh Kop at Leeds has £25million in spare change in their pocket. But we do have a campaign and we have nearly £3m pledged. Small fry for what the club needs but we are trying.

the press made a huge issue out of leeds demise from the premiership but in realility since their promotion to the premiership they have only survived on borrowed money.
We did. Just like lower league clubs at the time were relient on ITVs money.

did they ever ask themselves wheres the money coming from? NO
Yes we did. Plenty of us did. We campaigned long and hard to get Ridsdale out of our club knowing that he was banking on our future, fly posted his village, turned up at board meetings, bought as many PLC shares as we possibly could, did he listen? No, tried to give us lifelong bans from Elland Road instead.

so i've little sympathy.
We don't want sympathy or pity from anyone.

the're millions in debt but still manage to buy players.
The debts at Leeds now are in line with that of other football clubs. The problem with bills not being paid is because our board are none to fond of helping themselves to the kitty.

but where are the leeds supporters asking the questions as to why they are still prepared to put the club further in dept instead of paying the debts?
i can't hear them
Then start listening. Becaused there are a lot of questionning what is going on, a lot of us who have spent money getting the land registry/companies house documents to prove just how shafted we are/have been by this board, this board who are not keeping Leeds' money in the Leeds bank acct because the tax man could get it but instead keeping it in personal
accts, the board who sold themselves the training ground with Leeds money, we have and are questionning everything. Not sure which leeds fans you talk to but my gues is its the prawn sandwiche brigade who could care less about what happens to our club.

i own a number of businesses and if i'm late in paying the ir or the vat man they are on my case within days threatening to send in the baliffs etc or charge me high penalties but leeds appear to be able to delay this course of action. why?
Because there is a takover and investment going on. The IR gave more time to allow this to go through.

Last edited:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Leeds reprived as Inland revenue accepts deferred payment although Stubbs consortium may wait to buy cheap from adminstrators at later stage....per accountancy age 20/01/04

Mr Fridge

Oct 13, 2004
The breaking news on 5 live is that Ken Bates has bought a contolling interest in Leeds.

not read the whole thred so appols if this has been mentioned.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Mr Fridge said:
The breaking news on 5 live is that Ken Bates has bought a contolling interest in Leeds.

not read the whole thred so appols if this has been mentioned.

Sheff Wed managed to keep him at bay but now it looks as though Leeds are going to allow him to take over.

I'm not so sure this is a good thing for Leeds???

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Hmm seems a little academic now doesn't it.. looks as if they have been saved or will be way before they get close to a winding up order. We'll have to rely on our own performances and results to stay in the Championship wont we.. which is fine by me.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Yorkie said:
I'm not so sure this is a good thing for Leeds???

The deal is nowhere near done. There are still three bidders in - Stubbs, Sainsburys backers and Bates. Stubbs will step in if Sainsburys backers and Bates fail to complete. Sainsbury backers and Bates are fighting it out, first to complete tomorrow gets the club.

Personal preference is Bates for what will happen after he gets the 51% share, Sainsburys backers have a wonderful business plan but letting Morris and Levy walk away scott free is a bad thing. That won't happen if Bates gets the club and the two will be left squirming.

I'll take the money from anyone so long as the club remains.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here