Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will be sad,when Leeds get 10 points taken away

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Starry said:
Someone from our Leeds forum asked the same question, if we went into admin in the last week/day of the season would we loose ten points from that seaon or does it get carried over and we start the following season on minus ten. The football league answered with (copied from their email) -

If a football league club goes into administration during the course of the normal playing season they are automatically deducted ten points. If the club goes into administration outside of the normal playing season, the ten point deduction goes into force for the following season and the club begins the season on minus ten.

In regards to your question, be it one day from the start of the seaon or the day before the last game of the season the ten point deduction stands for that playing season providing the club went into administration during the course of the normal playing season.

---

So safe or not if we go into admin before the end of the season, even if it the last day I guess the ten point deduction counts for that season.

OK, so they are the rules, but you can here the bitching now if a club did that.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
OK, so they are the rules, but you can here the bitching now if a club did that.

Oh for sure.

I don't think we'll go into admin this season, but should it become unavoidable I really believe that the board will be able to drag it out long enough to make sure we are mathematically safe from relegation.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Starry said:
Oh for sure.

I don't think we'll go into admin this season, but should it become unavoidable I really believe that the board will be able to drag it out long enough to make sure we are mathematically safe from relegation.

That is how to play the system, but this league is looking so odd, I can see that the last relegation place will not be settled before the last Sunday of the season and there could be say 4 teams with a chance of going down.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Starry said:
Healy didn't cost £750k.

We've had this "disagreement" before. 3/4 of a mill was the widely reported transfer fee for Healy - where have you seen otherwise ? How much DID they pay Preston then ? I can't believe Preston would enter into any kind of credit arrangement with Leeds, given their track record.

And if the Inland Revenue do threaten admin for the £1.2 which is decembers payment (the next payment isn't due until March) there is someone waiting in the wings who will stump up the cash to avoid administration..

Are you confident of that ? There's been somebody supposedly "waiting in the wings" to take over Leeds for months and months now, but nobody has yet come up with the goods. Who are these people who will suddenly chuck a few million quid Leeds's way to stave off administration ? If they have the means, why don't they pay the Inland Revenue right now ?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Surely it would be better for investors to come in after administration as the club would be in a better financial position.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Easy 10 said:

We've had this "disagreement" before. 3/4 of a mill was the widely reported transfer fee for Healy - where have you seen otherwise ? How much DID they pay Preston then ? I can't believe Preston would enter into any kind of credit arrangement with Leeds, given their track record.
[/b]
Are you confident of that ? There's been somebody supposedly "waiting in the wings" to take over Leeds for months and months now, but nobody has yet come up with the goods. Who are these people who will suddenly chuck a few million quid Leeds's way to stave off administration ? If they have the means, why don't they pay the Inland Revenue right now ? [/B]

I am not at liberty to disclose the fee paid for Healy since both clubs agreed to keep it undisclosed. Nor to disclose how I know, but it's fact that it was not £750k. The total figure after appearance/promotion clauses doesn't even rasie it to £750k.

I know for a fact that dependent on Stubbs negotiations and how they go, if the IR push for admin there is someone who is going to stump up the cash to stave it off. It's the same person who tried to buy Thorp Arch before Adler got his paws on it. Why don't they pay the IR now? Because contrary to what is reported in the press the are not pushing for the money at all because of the prospect of investment/takeover.

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Not sorry, but funny. It'll go to show all the others that they're not immune.

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
Can't see it happening, and if i am honest i not that bothered (sorry Starry), but our main concern should be Falmer and staying up not Leeds and there 10 points.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Starry said:
I am not at liberty to disclose the fee paid for Healy since both clubs agreed to keep it undisclosed. Nor to disclose how I know, but it's fact that it was not £750k. The total figure after appearance/promotion clauses doesn't even rasie it to £750k.

The fact that you are signing players in the first place is a little buit sick isn't it. I bet it was more than half a million which for a club in your positiino is still way too much for a player.

After reading through this thread I have decided that I actaully want your club to get into severe financial difficulties because it appears neither you, or your club, are learning from this situation.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I can't stand Leeds, I know I shouldn't want them to get 10 points deducted, but I do.
Football is emotional not rational. Stuff em.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
The fact that you are signing players in the first place is a little buit sick isn't it. I bet it was more than half a million which for a club in your positiino is still way too much for a player.

As I posted earlier in this thread, I also want us to go into administration.

I don't think Leeds should have been spending on players if they have other bills that should be paid first that aren't being paid. And to be honest, while that concerns me it is not the greatest of my concerns over Leeds Utd right now.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yet you defend the amount it was to the end?

I do hope that you get a 10 point deduction that relegates you this season. That might just be the kick in the arse your club needs.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I am not defending anything, just stating facts. The figure wasn't 750k and the fee came directly from a directors pocket not from the LUFC bank account so to speak (call it tax evasion).

As for relegation, like I said above if we do go the admin route (which is what I personally want) I am convinced they will drag it out until we are mathematically safe from relegation.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hmm, I think the whole situation is just pissing me off because clubs like yourselves and Leicester and to an extent getting away with it as far as financial irregularities are concerned and we're so f***ed it's untrue and haven't got a bloody stadium yet.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Hmm, I think the whole situation is just pissing me off because clubs like yourselves and Leicester and to an extent getting away with it as far as financial irregularities are concerned and we're so f***ed it's untrue and haven't got a bloody stadium yet.

I completely sympathise with that (I don't mean that to sound patronising). If I were Brighton fan or whoever and Leeds are/were doing the stuff they are and manage to delay admin card until it doesn't effect relegation etc, I'd be mightily peed off.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Leeds board have gained an advantage over other clubs in the Championship by signing players and paying wages that the club simply cannot afford.

Looking at the table even with a 10 point deduction, if Leeds' current form is maintained they will avoid relegation.

The 10 point rule is a joke. As a taxpayer I think it's disgusting that they are allowed to default on their tax repayments in this way. They've broken all the rules, yet appear to be getting away with it.

They've been playing with an advantage all season. The FA need to do something about this because it appears to be one rule for the small clubs and another for the big clubs.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I actaully want your club to get into severe financial difficulties because it appears neither you, or your club, are learning from this situation.
Thats the annoying thing. They ARE in severe financial difficulties. Thye just don't quite seem able to act like it.

Minge

Jan 3, 2005
The chairman is an experienced insolvency practitioner and a member of the local business mafia. He knows all the legal loopholes and will push the right buttons to ensure that he wins and the fans lose.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I think Leeds the club deserve all they get because this is exactly what the rule was brought in for but I do feel sympathy for the fans, although I am sure the club would rise again.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
If Leeds go into administration they will deserve the 10 point deduction. How could they pay £600000 for David Healy so recently and then go into administration ? He must have saved them 10 points, it is all wrong. Shame for the fans but they are not going out of business just possible relegation. Sorry Leeds hope you lose the points but also hope you don't go out of business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here