Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will be sad,when Leeds get 10 points taken away

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Starry said:
If I were a betting person I'd put money on us not going to into administration.

Personally and for various reasons I want us to go into admin.

Have I read that last line correctly Starry? You want them to go into Admin?

Personally I'd rather we stay up without the 10 point deduction to Leeds (which I think we will do anyway).

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Buzza said:
Have I read that last line correctly Starry? You want them to go into Admin?

Personally I'd rather we stay up without the 10 point deduction to Leeds (which I think we will do anyway).

Yes you did read it correctly.

Not because I want to see us lose ten points or players leave etc but because the alternative (this takoveer) is imo just going to delay the inevitable and come Christmas time I will be having this same conversation again but instead of Krasner being the chairman it'll be Stubbs/Leighton/Green.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Would rather Leeds not be docked 10 points but the FA cancel the signings of Gregan and Healey as these are clearly inappropriate given Leeds finances

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
clapham_gull said:
According to that local Leeds finance academic on Talk Sport this morning, administration is UNLIKELY.
That could be subject to a restructuring of the £3.5m debt owed to the Inland Revenue. Leeds had previously negotiated a restructing of the debt, and are once again already behind in payments towards them (they've defaulted on a £1.2m payment due last month). Avoiding administration could be reliant on the Inland Revenue agreeding to (another) restructuring of their arrears either with the current board or the new owners. If a creditor such as the Inland Revenue declines whatever the clubs new proposals are (and who could blame them), then administration is the only option remaining. A deal would then be struck with the admistrators running the club, and would obviously be far more likely to be adhered to than it would under that shower of current incumbants.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
3.5 million owed to the IR and they've defaulted on the first payment of 1.2 million. I think that's what annoys me about Leeds the most. They know they have this huge bill to pay off but they went out and spent a packet on Gregan and Healy.

If I owed money to the IR, i'd concentrate on paying them off. If it meant going without non-essential items then so be it. I wouldn't go out and spunk all the money I owed them on stuff that I liked the look of.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
If I owed money to the IR, i'd concentrate on paying them off. If it meant going without non-essential items then so be it. I wouldn't go out and spunk all the money I owed them on stuff that I liked the look of.
You'd think so wouldn't you, but I guess thats just not the way they do things at Leeds. They probably call it "retail therapy".

I'd be interested to know if they've kept up with the repayments towards the cash they still owe to David O'Leary, Terry Venables, Peter Reid, Robbie Fowler and Robbie Keane, not to mention the "hire purchase" arrangement for Mark Viduka. If not, I'd also be somewhat miffed when I saw them splurge £750k on Healy.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The double standards on this board make me laugh:

Only a month ago many of you were calling MK Dons fans scum for being happy that Wrexham were to be deducted 10 points which could lead to them staying up, Why is this different?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Easy 10 said:
You'd think so wouldn't you, but I guess thats just not the way they do things at Leeds. They probably call it "retail therapy".

I'd be interested to know if they've kept up with the repayments towards the cash they still owe to David O'Leary, Terry Venables, Peter Reid, Robbie Fowler and Robbie Keane, not to mention the "hire purchase" arrangement for Mark Viduka. If not, I'd also be somewhat miffed when I saw them splurge £750k on Healy.

We aren't still paying all those, but those that we have have been paid up to date.

Healy didn't cost £750k.

And if the Inland Revenue do threaten admin for the £1.2 which is decembers payment (the next payment isn't due until March) there is someone waiting in the wings who will stump up the cash to avoid administration.

Like I said further up in the thread, if I were a betting person I would not be betting on Leeds going into administration.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
O I see what you mean now - It would make sense if they did wouldnt it, if the season had not ended it would be done that season

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
There are two very simple solutions to this that could be implemented by the FA.

Solution 1

- Rather than deduct 10 points it should be a straight relegation. If the club in question finishes in the relegation zone anyway then they will incure a double relegation.

Solution 2 (and this is the best one but will never happen)

- Football Clubs should be just that. Clubs. Not PLCs or LTDs but a club. Each season ticket holder will own one share in the club. The chairman and secretary would be elected by the club members. Any profit made is either invested back into the clulb or distributed amoungst it's members.

This will never happen but is by far the best solution.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Someone from our Leeds forum asked the same question, if we went into admin in the last week/day of the season would we loose ten points from that seaon or does it get carried over and we start the following season on minus ten. The football league answered with (copied from their email) -

If a football league club goes into administration during the course of the normal playing season they are automatically deducted ten points. If the club goes into administration outside of the normal playing season, the ten point deduction goes into force for the following season and the club begins the season on minus ten.

In regards to your question, be it one day from the start of the seaon or the day before the last game of the season the ten point deduction stands for that playing season providing the club went into administration during the course of the normal playing season.

---

So safe or not if we go into admin before the end of the season, even if it the last day I guess the ten point deduction counts for that season.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
Out of interest what would happen with the 10 point deduction, if Leeds went into Administration on the last Friday of the season, once they were safe?

Would they be deducted the points off this seasons total or is there the scope for the 10 point deduction to be carried over to next season, so they start on minus 10?

i dont think the season technically finishes until the playoff final, or else some date in June (this has been discussed in an unrelated matter before). So if after their last game they are 11 points clear, they will go into admin and shaft every company or person they owe money to. A bit like what Leicester did. Hang on...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here