Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will be sad,when Leeds get 10 points taken away

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I guess I'll feel some sympathy for their fans, but not a lot for the club.

Was the roller-coaster ride worth the cost?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Adams score 0 said:
Wrexham i felt sorry for,but Leeds i could not give a toss
Why make the distinction? I'd rather NO club was deducted 10 points as it's really not supposed to be what football is all about is it? And at the end of the day, if you are a fan of a club that gets a 10 point deduction then does it make any difference what club you support. It's not as if the average fan in the stands at either of the clubs you mention has any say in the day to day running of the club.

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I wouldnt be sad, because that puts anouther club below us, but i would feel bad for the fans

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Make things interesting....

11 QPR 40
12 Crewe 39
13 Stoke 38
14 Watford 36
15 Leicester 36
16 Brighton 36
17 Wolverhampton 35
18 Plymouth 33
19 Coventry 32
20 Cardiff 31
21 Gillingham 29
22 Leeds 27
23 Nottm Forest 24
24 Rotherham 19

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
IF Leeds get 10 points taken away I will feel sorry for the fans.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I'd feel sorry for thier fans, but selfishly wouldn't be too sad about it since it would help us.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It was for exactly this scenario that the 10 point rule came in: to prevent a club running up huge debts buying players they cant really afford in order to improve their leauge position, only to then cut themselves free of those debts when convienient.

I think somone said at the beginning of the season that they expected Leeds to do exactly what they appear to be doing, going into admin once they're safe even taking into account the 10 points.

So it makes a mockery of the rule. Wrexham get 10 pionts and relegation for being shafted, while Leeds get 10 points and probably stay up anyway despite the situation being of their own making. The rule should be flexible in the points deduction.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
If I were a betting person I'd put money on us not going to into administration.

Personally and for various reasons I want us to go into admin.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If any club deserves that 10 point deduction, its Leeds. They've royally taken the piss out of everyone with their ludicrous dealings in the transfer market and high-profile managerial appointments, and they've STILL continued to spend on players throughout this whole mess.

Their fans enjoyed the good times, and its not their fault that its gone bad, but that club has to be punished and it has to suffer. Otherwise we'd all "do a Leeds" and piss money up the wall left, right and centre in a reckless gamble for success.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I was in favor of the 10 point rule but it hasn't worked out quite as I hoped. One of the problems is that Wrexham and Northwich Victoria went into Administration owing, by modern football standards, a few buttons. Leeds on the other hand are a bit of a mystery, are they 30 million in debt? 50? 60? 10? Remember you have to take into account the inverse equity levered buy-out option and the deferrment ratio of the Advanced Corporation Tax which has been offset against the capitalised development assets, the maturity bond yield and the opportunity costs of re-stocking Risadale's fish tank. In other words it's hard to tell as they're hiding behind a fog of PLC-style jargon and statistics.

I think they'll obfuscate and drag the thing out until, as as been said before, their season peters out and then they'll say "Oh, waddya know, we're bust, into Administration we go, 10 point penalty, that's a shame. never mind it doesn't affect anything."

Maybe there should be something like an Administration deadline (a bit like the Transfer deadline). Any club going into Administration after say March 1st has to have their penalty imposed for the following season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Brovian said:
Remember you have to take into account the inverse equity levered buy-out option and the deferrment ratio of the Advanced Corporation Tax which has been offset against the capitalised development assets, the maturity bond yield and the opportunity costs of re-stocking Risadale's fish tank
Bloody hell.
You had me at the inverse equity :lolol:

Albion Rob

If they are trying to 'play the game' as it were then the directors must be sweating a bit at the moment because there are a lot of knowledgeable people out there who are far from convinced that Leeds will finish 10 points above the last relegation place.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
What annoys me is that Leeds still seem to think it's up to them when this penalty is handed out.

In the Standard yesterday the captain was saying lets do it now and give ourselves enough time to get out of trouble. Also stated that if they went into administration now they would be out the otherside in time to spend more money on players to get them for the last few games. Not sure if this would happen but surely iit should not be up to them when the point deduction is made.

Only real people suffering in all this??

Leeds UNited fans. Feel just as bad for them as I do for Wrexham as Risdale was a lunatic but simply in a different way to Gutterman. He realised that not only did he have a l;oyal fan base who , like Wrexham, Brighton, Donny Rovers etc, would keep on paying to turn up, Risdale realised at Leeds there were f***ing tens of thousands of them. And when it doesn't work?

He fucks off leaving the fans to pick up the shit.

WHHEN WILL THE FA GET OFF THEIR FAT SPOTTY f***ing ARSES AND DO SOMETHING IN THIS COUNTRY WORTHWHILE.

Oh, sorry. they are too busy worrying about Wenger and Ferguson throwing jelly at each other which as we all know is far more important than preventing football clubs from being dismantled by cretinous, crooked property developers.

Unbelievable.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nice rant Diggers, but what do you suggest the FA should do?

We all know who the crap boards are, but how do you prevent them getting a foothold into the clubs they run?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
For what it's worth, I reckon it might work if they did the following:

a) No club is allowed to become a PLC
b) Every board member must be a resident* within 10 miles of the club's stadium for at least the past 5 years

That would hopefully eradicate out of town property developers at a stroke and prevent hostile take overs by the likes of Glazier.

I'd also like some form of mandatory fan consultation but fear there is no workable law.

* as defined by the Inland Revenue, perhaps?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
According to that local Leeds finance academic on Talk Sport this morning, administration is UNLIKELY.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here