• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The sponsors went for Greer.

Elsewhere Taricco showed his undoubted class and Harper made a few decent saves.

Who was your Albion MotM?

Results hidden for 24 hours.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Going by radio commentary i'd say Tanno but someone who was there may come along with the whole truth.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
BBC report

Brighton captain Gordon Greer inspired his team to victory to end a run of nine league games without a win.

Greer's goal in first-half stoppage time was the first they had scored in five hours and 43 minutes of football.

Ryan Harley doubled the advantage when he slotted home a rebound after Craig Mackail-Smith's shot had struck the crossbar.

The win lifts Brighton into the top half of the table and leaves Barnsley without an away win since August.

Barnsley had their chances, notably when David Perkins was denied by the bar.

But Brighton, who topped the table after the first month of the season, deservedly brought an end to their recent slump and climbed back into the top half.

Gus Poyet has staunchly stuck to his philosophy of passing football despite results going against them, and he certainly had the game's one genuine class act pulling the strings at left-back.

Unfortunately for Brighton, Mauricio Taricco is 38, the club's assistant manager and has already retired from playing once this season, only to be coaxed back due to a spate of injuries.

To Barnsley's credit they continued to attack, but Greer cleared Ricardo Vaz Te's effort off line, Harper saved from Butterfield and the tireless Taricco blocked Matty Done's shot as the hosts held out.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Tanno by some distance.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I'd definitely go Taricco although I understand why Greer got it. He had a good game and was obviously the man ultimately responsible for ending our five hour goal drought.

However Taricco was top class and I can't help but wish he were five or ten years younger. But then he's be back in the Premier League so ultimately I'm just glad he he's been persuaded to delay his retirement again.

Good game today. Happy to finally end this shit streak

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Taricco for me. He was outstanding. His passing was incisive and acurate and his reading of the game more than made up for his ageing legs.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Tanno was immense

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I can totally understand why Greer got it, but I would have voted for Tano.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here