Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who was the hardest player youve seen, Albion or otherwise?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Dave Turner. I loved it when he used to slide both the ball and the winger off the pitch and dump them on the cinder track - even into the advertising boards on occasions. And it was all perfectly fair.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Paul Clarke or Hans Kraay. With an outside punt for Jimmy Case.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Dave Turner. I loved it when he used to slide both the ball and the winger off the pitch and dump them on the cinder track - even into the advertising boards on occasions. And it was all perfectly fair.
Indeed , one of Dave Turner's sliding tackles was alone worth the price of admission.Though I'm not sure he was quite as "hard" as Paul Clark.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Paul Clarke

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Maybe not the hardest, but the most reckless:

vinnie_jones.jpg

VinnieJones.jpg

78_vinnie_682x400_658365a.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nobby & Tank (Clarke) for the Albion.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The name was Lil (short for Pasquale) Fucillo and although he did break his leg a second time, it wasn't Paul Clark wot done it. I remember the sound of the crack echoing around the Goldstone vividly. It wasn't a foul though - a (ahem) cracking tackle.

But as others have pointed out, Clark wasn't the original Tank, Ian Goodwin and Des Tennant were ahead of him (possibly even more ).

I'd find it hard to quarrel with Clark as the hardest Albion footballer. He was as tough as nails but no clogger. Some of these posts have confused being hard with being dirty but the two are not quite the same. Goikoetxea, for example, was a thug who should not have been allowed near a football ground.

Are you sure it wasn't Clark who broke his leg the second time during a reserve match and it was his first game back from the first break?

Apr 23, 2008
Shoreham
Lorik Cana and Lee Cattermole!

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Just a few years before my time, those were the days though...Maybe fitter and quicker and more quality these days, but take me back to 1 sub and a mans game anyday.
jumpers for goalposts, Mum calling you in for your tea, happy days....

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I'd go along with Tank for us, but the 70's really was the era of the hard man - Kevin Beattie, Alan Hunter, Tommy Smith, Norman Hunter, Jackie Charlton and the list goes on and on....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hmmm for the Albion I always thought Stuart Tuck had something about him, not dirty just hard.

Also on the otherwise note I would say Terry Hurlock

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here