• Yes

Votes: 29 18.5%
  • No

Votes: 128 81.5%

• Total voters

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Not that I want him to go but get a life Peter, 83% representing who?

The great and the good of NSC I'll grant you but not a real cross section of the support.

Do you think you're radio program has a better cross section of the support?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think he needs to let some of the responsibilites go to the others on the board..its too much like a 1-man show at the moment

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
80% say no. NSC has spoken.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
83% vote in favour of Sir Dick as I type this.
We might be arse lickers but we are in a significant majority. Harty - take note!

PG

I think most people.(probably at least 83%...LOL.), would not want DK to F*** Off. They wouldn,t want to be so rude...!
Most people are well aware of how much DK has done in the past. However, I would imagine, that considerably less than 83%, are happy at the way the club is being run at present, with particular regard to players.
I would also guess, that there will always be a considerable number of DK arse-lickers, no matter what he does.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Everyone who has voted no should justify their vote by suggesting a willling replacement for DK who has the best interests of the club at heart.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Just remember people football is a game of opinions and how boring it would be if we all agreed....none of us would be on here for 1 thing

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Without being flippant Jimmy with audited listening figures of over 40,000 between 5 and 6pm each week the answer is probably yes.

Really?!?! I'm amazed! That's more than we took to Cardiff! Do you really believe these are ardent Brighton fans compared with the posters on NSC?

With all due respect Harty (and I have a lot of time for you and the phone in) I suspect that half of them are old codgers like my old Mum. They have a few sherries at lunchtime and doze off with the radio on. How many of them KNOW they are listening? My Mum told me we had signed Gordon Ramsey this week - she meant Glenn Murray. How can she have an opinion on Dick Knight's tenure? Can the fella even cook?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Really?!?! I'm amazed! That's more than we took to Cardiff! Do you really believe these are ardent Brighton fans compared with the posters on NSC?

With all due respect Harty (and I have a lot of time for you and the phone in) I suspect that half of them are old codgers like my old Mum. They have a few sherries at lunchtime and doze off with the radio on. How many of them KNOW they are listening? My Mum told me we had signed Gordon Ramsey this week - she meant Glenn Murray. How can she have an opinion on Dick Knight's tenure? Can the fella even cook?

But I sometimes wonder how many of the people who post on here are Brighton fans?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
But I sometimes wonder how many of the people who post on here are Brighton fans?

Quite a few aren't as we know they support other clubs.

Others say they are fans but don't attend matches because the don't, others can't as they far away but use NSC to know what goes on.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

The people that post on here are exactly the kind of people that Gulls Eye targetted. Imagine how powerful Gulls Eye would have been on the web. Wasn't Fans United web inspired? NSC is something you log into, the radio show is something you might just happen to listen to if your radio is tuned in to SCR, There is a MASSIVE difference.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I get heinously f***ed off with these people that demand the head of Dick on a stake and yet do not have a single alternative to take over the club. I wonder if these people actually realise how a chairman and board operate. Currently, it is a minor miracle that we have survived for so long without a permanent home.

A lot of people conveniently forget that there was only one suitable and willing board to takeover when we were in serious danger of disappearing. Now having saved the club, itdoes not mean that the board are free of criticism. Of course they are going to get things wrong, but I don't think there is another example, in football, of such a dedicated board that are willing to put up with DAILY losses and such a serious mission to secure our future (i.e. Falmer). Thereare very few examples of boards taking over for the single reason of saving the club, much of it is profit driven.

Not only had Dick Knight and the board stuck with us, they have battled against a Political party that were intent on destroying the club. They have spent countless hours of their lives, up to their ears in paperwork and legal jargon, JUST to secure planning permission for a stadium. Something that was a LONG way off back in '97. You may or may not agree with the way they run the playing side of things, but it is a minor miracle that we have survived for so long, whilst renting since, and during, the final season at the Goldstone. In fact, we have seen more cups in this short space of time than some clubs have seen in their entire history.

You may not think that they are trying their damnest to see us progress, but progression is surviving on a day to day basis and finally setting foot in Falmer.

Of course, it is disappointing to lose a decent player or four, but that is a fact of life and has been ever since I first watched Brighton and well before that. We don't have the power to keep players and we don't have the power to attract everyone we want. That is a sad fact of football and something people must learn to live with, otherwise they are supporting the wrong club.

The only message is to get behind the team, as a whole, and show the sort of spirit that wrestled the club from Archer et al. The sort of attitude displayed nowadays would have never defeated the old board. Make some noise, show some pride and lets pull up some trees. We have never been a club that would only sing whilst we were winnning, so why stop now?

Ps Apologies for going on a bit. Few too many in the Coach House has exacerbated my artistic license.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
This surely is a time for those missing fans to return, their is a buzz again with the new signings, yet idiots still set out to cast yet more doom and gloom over this great club, the phrase making mountains out of molehills comes to mind here, people seeing and reading things into something that isn't there and trying to make it into a great conspiracy which it isn't.

It's about time that they lay off Knight, Wilkins and members of the team, they deserve praise not criticism for what they have achieved and are trying to achieve in the near future, with the clubs interest at heart, unlike some of the moaners on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here