Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

who wants DK to F off?

who wants DK to F off?

• Yes

Votes: 29 18.5%
  • No

Votes: 128 81.5%

• Total voters

I get heinously f***ed off with these people that demand the head of Dick on a stake and yet do not have a single alternative to take over the club. I wonder if these people actually realise how a chairman and board operate. Currently, it is a minor miracle that we have survived for so long without a permanent home.

A lot of people conveniently forget that there was only one suitable and willing board to takeover when we were in serious danger of disappearing. Now having saved the club, itdoes not mean that the board are free of criticism. Of course they are going to get things wrong, but I don't think there is another example, in football, of such a dedicated board that are willing to put up with DAILY losses and such a serious mission to secure our future (i.e. Falmer). Thereare very few examples of boards taking over for the single reason of saving the club, much of it is profit driven.

Not only had Dick Knight and the board stuck with us, they have battled against a Political party that were intent on destroying the club. They have spent countless hours of their lives, up to their ears in paperwork and legal jargon, JUST to secure planning permission for a stadium. Something that was a LONG way off back in '97. You may or may not agree with the way they run the playing side of things, but it is a minor miracle that we have survived for so long, whilst renting since, and during, the final season at the Goldstone. In fact, we have seen more cups in this short space of time than some clubs have seen in their entire history.

You may not think that they are trying their damnest to see us progress, but progression is surviving on a day to day basis and finally setting foot in Falmer.

Of course, it is disappointing to lose a decent player or four, but that is a fact of life and has been ever since I first watched Brighton and well before that. We don't have the power to keep players and we don't have the power to attract everyone we want. That is a sad fact of football and something people must learn to live with, otherwise they are supporting the wrong club.

The only message is to get behind the team, as a whole, and show the sort of spirit that wrestled the club from Archer et al. The sort of attitude displayed nowadays would have never defeated the old board. Make some noise, show some pride and lets pull up some trees. We have never been a club that would only sing whilst we were winnning, so why stop now?

Ps Apologies for going on a bit. Few too many in the Coach House has exacerbated my artistic license.

No need for any apologies BoF. That is surely the must-read post of the week.

Well said sir!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
But I sometimes wonder how many of the people who post on here are Brighton fans?

Oh do come on Harty...You are all willing to take a swipe at NSC and the people that post on here on your phone-in, but you are the worst one of them all.

You only post comments on here when people don't agree with what you say and challenge you. You also never seem toadd anything positive or constructive.

You have for the past 2-3 years made veiled attacks at the way Dick Knight runs the club, but then whenever you invite him on the phone in, you act like a lap dog to him and don't back yourself up.

And to top it all off, you slate people on here all the time and then suggest that a large number of people on here don't even support the Albion. In addition to this, having suggested that people on here are either fickle or don't represent the true voice of Brighton supporters, you then post on here yourself - I call that double standards.

I do think that the 80% of people who have voted Yes do support the chairman and that other supporters are not going to care less about this thread. If they did, then bearing in mind the childness of some of those supporters, then I'd guess they wouldn't vote Yes anyway!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I get heinously f***ed off with these people that demand the head of Dick on a stake and yet do not have a single alternative to take over the club. I wonder if these people actually realise how a chairman and board operate. Currently, it is a minor miracle that we have survived for so long without a permanent home.

A lot of people conveniently forget that there was only one suitable and willing board to takeover when we were in serious danger of disappearing. Now having saved the club, itdoes not mean that the board are free of criticism. Of course they are going to get things wrong, but I don't think there is another example, in football, of such a dedicated board that are willing to put up with DAILY losses and such a serious mission to secure our future (i.e. Falmer). Thereare very few examples of boards taking over for the single reason of saving the club, much of it is profit driven.

Not only had Dick Knight and the board stuck with us, they have battled against a Political party that were intent on destroying the club. They have spent countless hours of their lives, up to their ears in paperwork and legal jargon, JUST to secure planning permission for a stadium. Something that was a LONG way off back in '97. You may or may not agree with the way they run the playing side of things, but it is a minor miracle that we have survived for so long, whilst renting since, and during, the final season at the Goldstone. In fact, we have seen more cups in this short space of time than some clubs have seen in their entire history.

You may not think that they are trying their damnest to see us progress, but progression is surviving on a day to day basis and finally setting foot in Falmer.

Of course, it is disappointing to lose a decent player or four, but that is a fact of life and has been ever since I first watched Brighton and well before that. We don't have the power to keep players and we don't have the power to attract everyone we want. That is a sad fact of football and something people must learn to live with, otherwise they are supporting the wrong club.

The only message is to get behind the team, as a whole, and show the sort of spirit that wrestled the club from Archer et al. The sort of attitude displayed nowadays would have never defeated the old board. Make some noise, show some pride and lets pull up some trees. We have never been a club that would only sing whilst we were winnning, so why stop now?

Ps Apologies for going on a bit. Few too many in the Coach House has exacerbated my artistic license.

Hear hear - well said that man!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Without being flippant Jimmy with audited listening figures of over 40,000 between 5 and 6pm each week the answer is probably yes.

ABSOLUTE CRAP. 39,993 of those are passive listeners. You don't know their views, you don't know what they're thinking. Unlike on NSC. The majority of the time it's the same people on your show saying the same old things. The one thing we can guarantee is that you'll be taking pot shots at Dick knowing full well you can and will have the last word.

You're in the privileged position of being able to come out with any old thing for the sake of being controversial without any comeback (maybe the odd donation to charity when you personally insult someone). Power without any responsibility is a dangerous thing. Dick Knight can't afford that luxury.

Presumably then your once a week radio station is the true vox pop of the Albion community if it has 40,000 members. You yourself are implying, NO STATING, that it's more representative than NSC. Seems to me you have a very inflated opinion of that show.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here