• Yes

Votes: 29 18.5%
  • No

Votes: 128 81.5%

• Total voters

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Careful you may ruin the illusion in some peoples minds of DK rolling around in pots of lost Falmer money in his office plotting his next attack on the club!
It's important to get the words "from his mansion in Spain" in there somewhere too. Like he's a proper BOND VILLAIN.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
It's important to get the words "from his mansion in Spain" in there somewhere too. Like he's a proper BOND VILLAIN.

Dick Knight strokes his wife's pussy whilst plotting the downfall of the Albion from his mansion in Spain:

pollpa8.jpg

Mwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

It's not really a yes or no question?

But who would? ummmm... idiots?

So in the view of Bars Mar, thats most of us.

No, until we have a potential investor in the club, Knight is the right man for the job.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
83% vote in favour of Sir Dick as I type this.
We might be arse lickers but we are in a significant majority. Harty - take note!

PG

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't want him to f*** off, just take more of a back seat and let someone younger and more in touch with modern football take control of contract negotiations. He has served us well and deserves to be president for life but sadly he hasn't got it any more.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Dick is a the saviour of the club, and only has the clubs best interest at heart, so no, Dick must stay

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Wow what poll. It makes the Tory 97 election defeat look like a closely run contest!

Whilst I'm not happy with the transfer debacle this week, telling a near 70 year old man to f*** off is a bit harsh.

That said, one thing that must change is Knight's involvement with transfers and contract negotiations. He is after all just the chairman and it is not normally the chairmans responsibility to be so heavily involved with players agents or contract negotiations. In fact it is the manager or a chief executive that deals with this side of things...not the chairman.

You don't hear of Malcolm Glazer & Roman Abramovich or even Ken Bates handling players contracts and transfers. That is left to the manager or a C.E.

I do fear now that having fallen out publicly with two or three agents, that this is directly impacting on the abilty to sign players...Agents, ironically like locusts, tend to stick together when they hear chairmen or managers slagging them off in the press. We are not Man United or Arsenal and our ground is shit, so when we are trying to sign a player, the club have to work considerably harder to sell the Brighton & Hove Albion FC to that player and his agent when compared to the likes of Forest, Swansea or even Colchester United!

So all that I'd ask is for DK to take more of a back seat in the playing and contractual side of things. Perhaps then, the players that do leave won't be so eager to go to the local press to tell everyone that there is something wrong at the club!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Dick Knight is the chairman of the club, which is basically a public face and voice piece role for the whole board, Knight does not own a majority of the shares, and decisions about the club, transfers and contracts would be made by the whole board and not one member, he just delivers their message out to the public,

Do those who want knight out also want the rest of the board out? or do they want the club to fold altogether because new investors are not guarenteed, but if new investors were to express interest in the club, i'm sure the current board would look to try to bring them aboard if it was in the interest of the club and not if they are another Archer and co.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
83% vote in favour of Sir Dick as I type this.
We might be arse lickers but we are in a significant majority. Harty - take note!

PG

Not that I want him to go but get a life Peter, 83% representing who?

The great and the good of NSC I'll grant you but not a real cross section of the support.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here