Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

who wants a bubble for Palace ?

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
But where else could it be shown? There wouldn't be a suitable venue for it to be beamed back. Anyway, I will be at Selhurst.

That's good for you and I'm very jealous as I dont have a ST so I doubt will get a ticket, perhaps beam back to greyhound track/dome/centre or large nightclub.
Anyway we shall see!

Jan 30, 2008
Could be in the minority here, but I'd rather risk a shoeing than have it as a bubble game.
wouldn't have thought so, i wouldn't entertain going on a bubble coach even if it was a freebie , smacks of civil liberties if you ask me, i don't need to be chaperoned to a game thank you very much

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I guess.

Take an evening game at Palace, though as an example. Of 3000 Albion, you might have as many as 300 or so who work in London. To expect them all to leave work at 2-3pm, to get a train down to Brighton, just to catch a coach back again, would be a massive pisstake. The upshot would be hundreds trying to find ways to get tickets in the home end, which just creates bigger problems.

What do these people do for home games ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont think the club or police will worry about the people who work in London etc and cannot get ticketrs as the tickets will all be bought by people who ive or work nearer to where the coaches operate from. Not much god to those those London based fans though.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What do these people do for home games ?

Er, leave work at normal time and get the train down to Brighton in time for kick off. Getting home is a pain in the arse though.

This wont be a bubble game, it's Palace v Brighton, not Boca v River. There will be loads of police, a few scuffles outside the ground, and maybe someone extra brave and tough person will put a window through in a pub or throw a bottle at a group of people, and the police and club will over-react as if it was a full scale riot and a load more people will be banned.

Cant see much more than that happening.

I will be seriously f***ed off if I had to come all the way down to Brighton first, to get a coach back up to Croydon. In fact, I don't think I'd bother.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
What people are also forgetting is it'll be after the game as well, so we'll be put on a coach to Brighton regardless of where you live.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Take an evening game at Palace, though as an example. Of 3000 Albion, you might have as many as 300 or so who work in London. To expect them all to leave work at 2-3pm, to get a train down to Brighton, just to catch a coach back again, would be a massive pisstake. The upshot would be hundreds trying to find ways to get tickets in the home end, which just creates bigger problems.

Just have a pick up point in Bromley or Sutton..

I would be amazed if they did this though, especailly with such easy train links.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do not think I would go if it was a bubble match. Quite happy not to give any money to Palace. I would pay for the beamback though.

Last edited:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Not in favour of it but I would go regardless.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What people are also forgetting is it'll be after the game as well, so we'll be put on a coach to Brighton regardless of where you live.

I cant see that happening. I wouldn't like to be the policeman that tells me that I have to catch a coach back to Brighton, meaning I will then miss the last train back up to London and home.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Just register here ahead of time so you're on the database and take your pick from the 12k empty seats: Crystal Palace | Tickets

Book tickets in the Sainsburys stand or the wooden one opposite the away fans stand (East?), there are never usually any Palace fans in either of these stands so you won't have any problems with the smell of shit drifting downwind during the match. Shout out "For Fark's Ache Murray!" at every available opportunity and no one will suspect a thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here