Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Savage

Votes: 19 30.6%

• Total voters

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Fair enough. Let's open up the bit I totally dismissed then - does he have pace? I was willing to argue the talent part, but genuinely do not feel he has pace at all. Sure, he's not slow, and he'd certainly run 100m twice as fast as I would, but would you honestly describe him as quick? I'd say he's average at best, and in my opinion pace is half the game these days.

His control I would describe as hit and miss. Sometimes it's alright, but it can be poor - I would possibly excuse him this one thing though, as I ALWAYS feel sorry for albion strikers bearing in mind the type of balls they are given to work with. Anyway, here's the bit we clearly disagree on most: imagination, vision, creativity. If you have any examples off the top of your head, please give me them. This is my biggest problem with him - I know he's a fairly solid player, but he just doesn't excite or inspire me at all, and I genuinely don't see any signs of the "football brain."

Also, let me rephrase the question in my last post, because I was a bit unclear: If Revell's workrate was more in line with an average player (because admittedly it is a lot higher in reality), would he still get in the team on ability alone?

I suspect he is going to have a decent game tomorrow. We'll discuss his attributes then, because we can have a fresher idea as to what he can do. I am a big fan of his, but if he has a stinker, I will say so.

As for individiual cases of 'football brain', I can't really give a 'killer pass' instance. It's those little touches that get players out of a hole, or the pass the he can excute well that wasn't necessarily the obvious pass. Little things like that.

And sorry, you haven't really rephrased your question - it amounts to the same thing. But I think I know what you're asking. If his workrate was lower, he'd be (on current form) Dean Hammond.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
As for my question, well I can't really make it very clear, but what I'm trying to say is do you think Revell is picked largely for his workrate? ie does his ability have much of a say in his selection? If he worked a lot less (say the same as Hammond, using your example) would he still get in the team? I'm not sure.

I know what you're trying to get at, and my answer is yes he would. He is a much better player than someone with the attribute 'high workrate' alone.

You were saying Robinson's talent and pace were on a par with Revell's workrate, so in comparison, they cancelled each other out. I thudded you because I strongly disagreed with that, principally the ease with which you so readily dismissed Revell's attributes.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Kind of, but big Bas had a subs impact today - I don't think 90 minutes of Bas would have necessarily led to the same result. Forster and Revell failed to play close enough to one another and that caused a problem which seemed to be tactical. I for one still don't think Savage should start.

PS - Is his real name Barry?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Has to be Forster and Savage after today but Revell wasn't helped by being played as a right winger for the first half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here