• Robinson

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Savage

Votes: 19 30.6%

• Total voters

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I agree, and with O'Callaghan we may finally have someone who can pick a pass, those two would be the best for getting in behind the defence for him. I don't think there is much to choose between any of them bar Forster really.

Agreed. I only think Robinson because of his pace and the fact we now having a midfield that maybe able to pass. If we were just going to be bypassing midfield then Revell and Forster would be the best choice.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
so what was the point in buying Forster

the idea i'm sure was that even with his aging years he'd be a positive influence amongst the other strikers in the squad and hopefully a cut above the rest of this leagues strikeforce

the second one hasn't happened as yet - he's been marked out of every game! :shrug:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the idea i'm sure was that even with his aging years he'd be a positive influence amongst the other strikers in the squad and hopefully a cut above the rest of this leagues strikeforce

the second one hasn't happened as yet - he's been marked out of every game! :shrug:

fair enough...as I havent seen him play I cant comment.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
In this league there is no substitute for good old-fashioned brutality.

Revell and Elder, i think, give us the best combination of workrate and sheer brute-force.

Without sounding too much like a footballing cliche let's get into them, f*** them off.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Savage and Elder upfront with Revell as sub and drop Forster to the reserves to buck his ideas up.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Bas and Elder because I think they are the best of the bunch, and offer the most goal threat. They are also a physical presence which may work well alongside Forster. Then, there's not much to choose between Robinson and Revell really - you can make them joint third if you like! Both of them do some decent things, but overall aren't really good enough in that position.

:thud: Encroyable!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
All joking Al, the dream ticket upfront is Savage and Elder, Wilkins has not managed to figure this out yet unfortunately.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
All joking Al, the dream ticket upfront is Savage and Elder, Wilkins has not managed to figure this out yet unfortunately.
I'm not going down this road of you digging at Wilkins or Forster every five minutes - it's boring and pathetic.

Bas can't or won't jump, so his effectiveness in the air is negligible - he actually works better on the wing. Elder is OK, but too one-dimensional. Revell has been playing well. All of the forwards have been starved of service by an under-achieving midfield.

The 'dream ticket' of Savage and Elder upfront has far too many problems going for it to not allow Revell and Forster to start.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yep, good chance for you to use the traditional thud smilie just because someone DARES to disagree with you.

Oh, get over yourself.

For what it's worth, there's not much to choose between them. Robinson has a million times more talent, Revell works a million times harder - it's down to whatever you prefer.
But, in that statement, at a stroke, you are completely dismissing Revell's pace and talent - both of which he has in spades. He is good in the air, good on the deck, knows how to spot a good pass etc. Jake has plenty of talent and plenty of pace, but doesn't really have a 'football brain'.

There's plenty to choose between them.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would really love to see Savage and Elder upfront but Wilkins will stick with forster even if he has 45 blanks he will play him upfront in the last game but Alan is probably right of course as he always is and has NEVER been wrong about anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here